Disneyland's Rise Of The Resistance - Reviews, Criticism, Deep Thoughts

Mac Tonight

I'm not sure that counts. It's a tour.

Most Universal rides have something going wrong at some point. In Spider-Man, the city is under siege while you're in line and only tourists that have bumbled in to the Daily Bugle can capture the story.

In Kongfrontation, the city was under siege by King Kong and you were escaping.

In E.T., his planet is dying and you need to escape the government and bring him home because Steven Spielberg is depending on us. The stakes have never been higher!
I agree its not a perfect comparison, but it has more similar elements than not. One could argue that once we leave the stretching room, we're at the mercy of the Ghost Host and have to follow his leading in order to make it through the tour, thus rectifying our original problem of being "trapped" inside.

DanielBB8

He said that the deal goes on sale January 7, will have to ask him again where the info came from. I have a feeling that his sister got the info early since she works in travel service but I agree the pricing seems off
But you said "they already announced". It wasn't announced. It's a rumor. Until it is actually announced, then you can say it was announced.

JD2000

I am warming up to the ride, but the difference between concept and promotional footage and what materialized is very different.
  • AT-AT looked down and shot at guests.
  • Location where Kylo Ren's cuts through is far less obvious.
  • Stormtroopers in the AT-AT scene looked animatronic.
It seems a lot didn't work out mechanically (or more budget slashed) and had to be changed for the worse.

Darkbeer1

Anyone have any thoughts if this could be soft opening, say over new years? (Yes, I will be there then, and yes, this is probably just wishful thinking...)

NO, for crowd control issues. The busiest time is the Christmas to New Years period.

Disney placed the opening in Mid January for a reason. I don't see much, if any previews for guests. CM's might get lucky in early 2020, basically participating and a load and reliability test.

Mouse Trap

I am warming up to the ride, but the difference between concept and promotional footage and what materialized is very different.
  • AT-AT looked down and shot at guests.
  • Location where Kylo Ren's cuts through is far less obvious.
  • Stormtroopers in the AT-AT scene looked animatronic.
It seems a lot didn't work out mechanically (or more budget slashed) and had to be changed for the worse.

Not really to be honest. The things you listed are quite minor compared to the overall stellar experience of the attraction.

Also it's been noted elsewhere the AT-AT looking down and the Kylo lightsaber scenes were totally marketing "enchantments" (stunts) and were never in the plans to do what we saw in media pieces.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Now we wait five years to hear how the ride sounds in French! 🇫🇷

It'll just be Kylo Ren with a white stripe down his back getting all handsy and saying "Mon dieu! You've been a naughty resistance fighter, no?" <kiss, kiss, kiss> "Ah mon chéri! You've stolen the plans of the new death destroyers... and my heart!" <kiss, kiss, kiss>

Animaniac93-98

It'll just be Kylo Ren with a white stripe down his back getting all handsy and saying "Mon dieu! You've been a naughty resistance fighter, no?" <kiss, kiss, kiss> "Ah mon chéri! You've stolen the plans of the new death destroyers... and my heart!" <kiss, kiss, kiss>

By then Disney will have acquired Time Warner and the synergy will be complete!

No Name

Thought that was cool too and the views into the AT-AT were different. What’s odd is both paths see Finn - why would there be two Finns in the same space? Both cars are meant to be traveling through the same physical space in that scene - would have made more sense to have a different character there so each path you see a different view of what is going on in the same scene.

If you can’t see both Finns at once it’s not an issue.

TROR

I haven’t watched a ride through, but why isn’t there a lightsaber duel between animatronics of Rey and Kylo? I’m sure the ride’s impressive, but that’s just one thing I’d love to see and this would’ve been the perfect setting.

Mickeyboof

I haven’t watched a ride through, but why isn’t there a lightsaber duel between animatronics of Rey and Kylo? I’m sure the ride’s impressive, but that’s just one thing I’d love to see and this would’ve been the perfect setting.

Rey doesn’t come on the mission with us.

I’d rather see Ray and Kylo *actually* do battle out on the streets of Black Spire:

BasiltheBatLord

Having watched several more POVs:

I think the biggest achievement of this attraction is the fact that it "transports" you to different locations so many times and it actually feels believable. Not just in the attraction of course but throughout the entire experience queue included. I'm only watching the attraction through a screen and not even physically there yet the transitions from Resistance base -> Star Destroyer -> Crash site are very clear and they actually feel like you're being moved throughout space.

I can imagine riding this and then getting off and looking into the sky above like "wow..."

It still would've been 10x better if it was OT though :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom