Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

SWGalaxysEdge

Here;s one of the Finn AA' in the AT-AT room. if you go up the right elevator.

1575589639640.png

Phroobar

..no the Disco room. After they unload, the empties come back to the disco room to "Square Dance" with the full cars as they had back for more prisoners.
I assume the two vehicles that we "square dance" with at the start of the dark ride portion are our replacement vehicles for the next set of guests. When we leave that room, those vehicles must enter and park to be loaded. They must go directly from unload into the disco room and then into the loading room.

KevinPage

Friday December 5, 2019

Park opens: 9am (today was 8am scheduled)

People were let into park as early as 4:30am

I arrived at 5:45am with no issues and immediately in (park, not land)

I’m thinking a 7am arrival time SHOULD guarantee you a great BOARDING PARTY # tomorrow that might even allow you to nab a second one (if you want to get a 2nd ride).

That’s my logic. But what do I really know. Sounds good in theory. That’s my plan, assuming I wake up with the wherewithal to go 🤩🤩🤩

Disneyhead'71

View attachment 430709
I doubt this is a very reputable news site, but nonetheless it will be seen by the public. What kind of a headline is this? When Hagrid's opened, it was "Wow, what an amazing ride! It has a 10-hour wait!" With Disney, it's "hide your children! An evacuation happened!" Sheesh. Two huge-scaled attractions with downtime issues, but ah what bias can do.

That folks, is what you call 'making money from ad revenue.'

It's exciting times in Orlando that Disney and Universal are making their parks there some of the best on Earth!
ClickOrlando is absolutely a reputable site. It is Orlando's CBS affiliate. And they reported on Hagid's operational issues too.
Screenshot-2019-12-05-18-26-37.png

So enough of the victimhood by the biased media talk.

bubbles1812

Could someone give me a really quick run down of how they are managing the land and the ride queue? I was there in September and by that time there were no issues getting into the land. I was using the EEMH so had no issues with getting on rides either so this feels a bit of a new rodeo.

My mom and I arrive Saturday and will be going to DHS. First up, I have a scheduled droid make at 1220 but we are otherwise flexible. Will be at DHS Sunday, all Tuesday, and in the morning Friday. Just wanted as good a crack as I could get on getting on both Star Wars rides with her multiple times. She loves Star Wars and is so excited and this is her 60th birthday trip.

Sorry, this thread has so exploded I couldn’t make heads or tails or what is going on in terms of actually ride and land management.

Gringrinngghost

People who did not get to ride today that were in a boarding group are being given park hoppers to return (expiring in 2030) and a fastpass for the ride.

Disney is setting a dangerous precedent with that stunt. Guests will hold it over there head when a attraction breaks down on its grand opening, and since people use Disney as the paragon of integrity for the other Orlando local parks. All this is going to do is empower guests to be more entitled when it comes to down times and opening day malfunctions.

Let's look at it from this standpoint. People bought tickets solely for today, If they were in a boarding group and didn't get on, the got a FREE ticket. The signs they had in the park, one the printed handout for the boarding passes and the boarding pass segment of the application said they can't guarantee you will experience the attraction.

78472699_565811287549683_6128513711112978432_n.png

Let's see how well this will blow up next time...

Photo of the boarding pass was tweeted by SoCalAttractions360

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I assume the two vehicles that we "square dance" with at the start of the dark ride portion are our replacement vehicles for the next set of guests. When we leave that room, those vehicles must enter and park to be loaded. They must go directly from unload into the disco room and then into the loading room.

Yeah, and you can see the doors that they enter that are from...

1575593717286.png

totchos

Disney is setting a dangerous precedent with that stunt. Guests will hold it over there head when a attraction breaks down on its grand opening, and since people use Disney as the paragon of integrity for the other Orlando local parks. All this is going to do is empower guests to be more entitled when it comes to down times and opening day malfunctions.

It was a nice move on their part but I see what you’re saying. People are just gonna come to expect this now and complain endlessly when they don't get it.

Phroobar

Yeah, and you can see the doors that they enter that are from...

View attachment 430717
So the ride will break down if some guests don't get in or out of their vehicle quickly enough to keep the pattern flowing? That is going to make operations very difficult. I will assume the cars will stop and wait to move to the next zone. I wonder how they handle disabled people.

DarkMetroid567

It was a nice move on their part but I see what you’re saying. People are just gonna come to expect this now and complain endlessly when they don't get it.

True. Let's say we use virtual queue tomorrow, and the ride reliability is even worse. When guests fight for park hoppers and if Disney says no, they'd justifiably use tonight as an example.

Which is why I don't see VQ lasting over the weekend.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Could someone give me a really quick run down of how they are managing the land and the ride queue? I was there in September and by that time there were no issues getting into the land. I was using the EEMH so had no issues with getting on rides either so this feels a bit of a new rodeo.

My mom and I arrive Saturday and will be going to DHS. First up, I have a scheduled droid make at 1220 but we are otherwise flexible. Will be at DHS Sunday, all Tuesday, and in the morning Friday. Just wanted as good a crack as I could get on getting on both Star Wars rides with her multiple times. She loves Star Wars and is so excited and this is her 60th birthday trip.

Sorry, this thread has so exploded I couldn’t make heads or tails or what is going on in terms of actually ride and land management.
This should help

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom