News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Patcheslee

There's no doubt that not needing to stand in an 8 hour physical queue with no restrooms/food etc is helping the overall guest satisfaction. It's less draining on the guest and I'd assume less stressful for the CM's. I think WDW has found the new solution to sorting out the first day crowds/ops for highly anticipated attractions.
Definitely this, it's part of the reason I avoid opening days. Sure technical glitches are bound to happen, but stand in line for hours and that glitch feels like I've wasted my time. Kinda hope they continue the virtual queue.

Tom Morrow

I'm a little confused, so I'll ask here. There's no chance of getting on today if we don't already have a reserve time, correct?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Definitely this, it's part of the reason I avoid opening days. Sure technical glitches are bound to happen, but stand in line for hours and that glitch feels like I've wasted my time. Kinda hope they continue the virtual queue.
I'd really enjoy that if they continued that through the first few months. No sure if this is just a temporary thing or not but I do hope its longer term.

RoadiJeff

We will be visiting Hollywood Studios several times next week. I understand that I need to be inside the park to join a boarding group. In order to save time, does anyone know if I can have the app already open and once I walk past a certain point the greyed out area to join a group becomes active or do I have to wait until I am in the park before opening the app so that it refreshes the boarding group options?

I'm just trying to get as much of an edge as I can while 2,000 other people are storming into the park and trying to join a boarding group at the same time.

KevinPage

Got there around 5:45, joined boarding group 27. Initial estimation was AFTERNOON but at 7am people who got there at 3am and in boarding group 16 were getting in line for the ride.

We do Slinky twice and hear about the evac and fear the worst. Then miraculously we get our call for Boarding Group 27 at 9:30.

We get on, I won’t do spoilers, but I love the transitions of outside, inside, outside, inside, then disembark outside. Very underrated touch.

The sheer size, scope and scale of this ride is unlike anything I’ve seen or experienced.

And if I was “forced” (pun intended) to say anything negative or could be done better, I’d say I wish the garrison of Stormtroopers had a bit more movement to them. It’s still impressive to witness but a tad more kinetic energy would make it pop that much more. Certainly not a dealbreaker by any means and the most minor of quibbles.

I love the Kylo saber effect, was really cool, not sure how people can find fault with that. The blaster rifle effects were fine as well. Last time I checked that wasn’t something that could occur in real life so not sure how it could be done any better in a theme park attraction.

Overall I’m contemplating making a return visit tomorrow (have off whole week of work and was planning on MK for Saturday) but I just want to get on this as many times as possible 🤩🤩🤩

KevinPage

We will be visiting Hollywood Studios several times next week. I understand that I need to be inside the park to join a boarding group. In order to save time, does anyone know if I can have the app already open and once I walk past a certain point the greyed out area to join a group becomes active or do I have to wait until I am in the park before opening the app so that it refreshes the boarding group options?

I'm just trying to get as much of an edge as I can while 2,000 other people are storming into the park and trying to join a boarding group at the same time.

I hear you about wanting to get an edge on these things but seriously it’s not an issue or something you will need to stress about that severely. 30 seconds to load an app isn’t going to make alor break you time wise.

Most people who wander into the park have no clue what’s going on let alone immediately start joining a boarding party

DisneyJoe

Scan your magicband and enter the park! They may not even have boarding groups active that day though, you'll just need to wait and see.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Right now...

Attachments

• 2019-12-05 16.26.06.jpg
    2019-12-05 16.26.06.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 314

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom