News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

RobWDW1971

You’re a “hater”, Rob...which means you’ll be dismissed out of hand by those looking to accept this for their Disney mental psyche at all costs.

I do think you may be over the top...but you’re a Star Wars fan - a true one that defends the foundation of the fandom - and you’re still probably right about this.

It’s always about “tone”...which ignores the lack of substance far too often.

I’m a “hater” that just raved in the other thread about how amazing ROTR looks. I just judge them on what they actually build and I wish all of SWGE was as good as ROTR, but it is unfortunately not.

So now that I said ROTR looks amazing am I now a “Disney defender”? I need to know what t-shirt to where to the meetings. ;)

ToTBellHop

31-42 currently boarding.
So roughly 14 groups an hour. That's about 1400 guests/hour (I assume they are running a little below that, actually. Not everyone will return). If they are actually processing 1200 guests/hour, that's 16,800 today. Not awful for day 1. While it's had downtime today, that's been during short intervals so far. Given the state the ride is in, I'd say they are doing well so far.

Up to group 44.

Jon81uk

When I think of a land I think "Fantasyland" or "Tomorrowland" - awesome theme and lots of attractions. IMHO just two attractions isn't "a land" regardless of who built it or how good the theme is.

That said, I still enjoy all of them and I'm super excited to see this new Star Wars "area" of Hollywood Studios ;)

But Animal Kingdom has amazing theming but low rides per land. There is more to life than just rides. Of course at AK you can also walk the animal trails or watch a show. It feels like a big issue in Batuu is that many of the extra attractions like droid depot needs further payment and/or a reservation.

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

They've been accelerating the pace. Moving you along from room to room without having time to see everything or take pictures.

The early morning group 10 they allowed you to linger in each of the rooms and take it all in.
Are they like, "I know you're enjoying our 50 Storm Troopers but I'd like to invite you to enjoy this glass of White Zinfandel in our interrogation room so we can detain more people."?

Rob562

They've been accelerating the pace. Moving you along from room to room without having time to see everything or take pictures.

The early morning group 10 they allowed you to linger in each of the rooms and take it all in.

That also may have been a factor of timing delays in the show. If there's a delay up ahead, it forces groups to be held wherever they are.

-Rob

Rinx

I only saw one video because I do not want to spoil it too much for my January visit. It was a laughingplace video. What I meant by comparing it to The Great Movie Ride was that it's a trackless ride system, (relatively) slow moving through movie scenes with special effects happening around you. The being on steroids part refers to the multi-directional motion of the vehicles, state of the art special effects, and moving through the scenes right in the middle of the action.

totchos

When I think of a land I think "Fantasyland" or "Tomorrowland" - awesome theme and lots of attractions. IMHO just two attractions isn't "a land" regardless of who built it or how good the theme is.

Its hard to justify a land only by the number of rides it has. Would you consider Frontierland to be a land even though it only has two rides? You also have to consider that these lands (GE, Pandora, HP) are relatively new. Frontierland opened only with Tom Sawyer Island and The Country Bears I think which by todays standards would be no rides.

tissandtully

Its hard to justify a land only by the number of rides it has. Would you consider Frontierland to be a land even though it only has two rides? You also have to consider that these lands (GE, Pandora, HP) are relatively new. Frontierland opened only with Tom Sawyer Island and The Country Bears I think which by todays standards would be no rides.
Can we NOT in this thread please?

Mem11

So roughly 14 groups an hour. That's about 1400 guests/hour (I assume they are running a little below that, actually. Not everyone will return). If they are actually processing 1200 guests/hour, that's 16,800 today. Not awful for day 1. While it's had downtime today, that's been during short intervals so far. Given the state the ride is in, I'd say they are doing well so far.

Up to group 44.

How do you get 1400 guest/hour? My understanding is that ROTR opened at 6 this morning... So if you have 100 per group and say all 44 groups have gone through - 4400 guests in 6.5 hours, I get about 680 per hour.

hokielutz

That does not really help when you already have a three hour block of fast pass times made 60 days ago, I am just hoping this is gone by the 15th.
Needless to say... this is brand new and the must see ticket in town... so some sacrifice to ride it may be in the cards. Or if you don't care too much about Star Wars, then proceed with your regularly scheduled plans.

ToTBellHop

How do you get 1400 guest/hour? My understanding is that ROTR opened at 6 this morning... So if you have 100 per group and say all 44 groups have gone through - 4400 guests in 6.5 hours, I get about 680 per hour.
I believe it opened at 8 am (I was using 9, but stand corrected; it was closed before 8 as far as I know since it shut down very quickly). Now they are up to group 54. 5400 in 4.66 hours would be 1150 now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom