Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Are you sure about that? How do you know that wasn't the date given to Chapek by the team building the attraction?
It's been said in this very thread that alternate later dates were proposed to Chapek to address reliability issues, but they were all turned down.

ToTBellHop

Do you have to be in the Park to get a boarding group? If so this is a considerable benefit of EMH. While the ride won’t open at 8 AM on Sundays, resort guests would get first dibs on boarding groups starting at nine.

mitchiavelli

dude, as a child of epcot (born 74, went every year since it opened, obsessed with figment and alll of epcot) ok. star wars was coo-ish but super testosterone western in space, still is. star trek was the awesome what we could be, better than we were. which is so much more epcot/disney. so go on, good for you. pandora was awful, wouldn't pass a grade 9 literature response essay, and the lead american had the worse american acccent a brit has ever attempted, but ok.also. "pocohontas in space with sexy blue girls" but.yeah.

Nice try, but he’s Australian. Also, ‘brit’ isn’t a very nice word. A bit like ‘yank’.

mikejs78

Premium Member
What's the difference and does it matter?
It matters because it goes back to my original point. If the date were announced with the expectation that it would be done, and then people booked trips, then changing the date after the fact would be problematic. However if Chapek was told that the date would be extremely unlikely to be hit before he announced, then I would agree with you.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
It matters because it goes back to my original point. If the date were announced with the expectation that it would be done, and then people booked trips, then changing the date after the fact would be problematic. However if Chapek was told that the date would be extremely unlikely to be hit before he announced, then I would agree with you.

It's been noted by insiders that they needed to get at least one open before the holidays. That one was apparently DHS. So it is likely that a date was picked regardless of any realistic ability to be able to have the ride ready.

WDW Pro

It's been noted by insiders that they needed to get at least one open before the holidays. That one was apparently DHS. So it is likely that a date was picked regardless of any realistic ability to be able to have the ride ready.

It was determined that IF they could get one open before Christmas, it would need to be DHS because DLR probably can't handle a new E-ticket during holiday crowds... whereas DHS would be useful to draw holiday crowds out of MK. It's going to be interesting to see if they can keep the ride up consistently over the next few days. There have been WDI cast working around the ride today, which says to me that they haven't fully turned it over to Ops yet. That's unprecedented in the last twenty years, and represents a ton of extra effort to keep the attraction going on Day 1.

BoarderPhreak

Womp womp...

FB7FF110-64EB-45A8-8E11-D4F17337B0E3.jpeg

ppete1975

You mean like Vader, and Luke, and Han Solo...
But this land is supposed to be live, and the original characters there is a nostalgia and honestly better character development that defined good vs evil and people wanted to see those characters regardless of the outcome of rotj.
Regardless the only thing that caught my attention is they could have used a generic bad guy for kylo, or delayed it a month (its certainly been delayed before, and they could have worked out the issues) and the bad guy could be whomever ends up as the baddy (since this is the last movie).
Vader even redeemed as long as he is in his helmet there is a bada$$ cool evil character. With kylo so far weve seen an emo guy that feels likes hes on the fence. If he ends up a good guy at the end we will look at him as never truly being bad (regardless of killing his dad), while vader with the helmet still is menacing.

Once again not a big deal I cant wait to ride it, it looks amazing. Hopefully they can make it reliable (so many effects that they will have to keep running). It was more an observation on my point, that I hadn't thought about.. and now has become a rambling before my caffeine diatribe lol

BTW who is going opening night.. I have 4DX tickets smack in the middle

SWGalaxysEdge

Is that the case? I don't recall that being the case. IIRC the report of it maybe not being ready on time surfaced mid-October well after the date had been announced. The gist I got when the date was first announced was that it was aggressive but doable.

I could be wrong though. @marni1971 any thoughts on that? Was this date doomed from the start, or did they think it was doable?

...FL was doomed from the start way back in construction. Water intrusion, computers ruined, TIE Echelon not sealed properly and water damaged, floor pucks upside down, WiFi issues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom