Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Should be? Sure. But it's not like they've demonstrated that ability in the last 64 years... Their history is replete with opening day chaos...
But given what @marni1971 and others have said about the reliability problems and rushed nature, the problems are not limited to opening day and will extend past it for at least a while.

This was an intentional decision to open a not ready ride.

KevinPage

The boarding group thing helps mitigate the chaos. Since we have group 27, there’s no point for me or anyone else not in the current group loading, to even go to that area. So the rest of the park is fairly chill (knock on wood).

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

The boarding group thing helps mitigate the chaos. Since we have group 27, there’s no point for me or anyone else not in the current group loading, to even go to that area. So the rest of the park is fairly chill (knock on wood).
How many in a boarding group? Just your party or you and a bunch of strangers?

mnels70

So the question is did WDW open it too soon? Should they have pushed it to January also?
From the rumor I heard, yes. I forget where (being either twitter or here/otherforums) but I remember a post saying that either ops/maintenence or WDI suggested the 14th as the absolute earliest day to open for reliability/problem solving reasons and Chapek saying no, they were keeping today as the opening. They knew there were issues and went through with it anyways

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

From the rumor I heard, yes. I forget where (being either twitter or here/otherforums) but I remember a post saying that either ops/maintenence or WDI suggested the 14th as the absolute earliest day to open for reliability/problem solving reasons and Chapek saying no, they were keeping today as the opening. They knew there were issues and went through with it anyways
So Chapek is essentially the Mayor from Jaws? 'Those beaches will be open for this weekend"

mnels70

So Chapek is essentially the Mayor from Jaws? 'Those beaches will be open for this weekend"
From what I remember reading a couple of days ago, yeah pretty much. It sucks too, because its such a good ride and its gonna get an undeserved reliability rep that could've been solved by just delaying it. But then that wouldn't help fatten up the holiday crowds now, would it?

ToTBellHop

Correct. What is a bit unfortunate is that the ride is perfectly ready for previews. If they were now starting two weeks of previews nobody would complain about downtime. Instead we will just have to be really patient. Most of us are rational enough to handle that but I do feel bad for the cast members who will have to deal with less rational, entitled folks. Hopefully the kid with dirt on his face from last night has a thick skin.

BoarderPhreak

Woohoo! Ride TWO!

6AB01201-38EC-4305-940B-5112117B6F26.jpeg

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

It seems like you want this to go badly. 🧐
No. I actually like the ride. It looks fun. But its just common sense at this point that WDW opened it too soon and It is for sure gonna go down again. I feel bad for all those people. Disney should have their $hit together when opening an E Ticket of this magnitude.

mnels70

Correct. What is a bit unfortunate is that the ride is perfectly ready for previews. If they were now starting two weeks of previews nobody would complain about downtime. Instead we will just have to be really patient. Most of us or rational enough to handle that but I do feel bad for the cast members who will have to deal with less rational, entitled folks. Hopefully the kid with dirt on his face from last night has a thick skin.
I can't even imagine how bad it is there and how bad its going to be for the foreseeable future if they don't have some magical breakthrough during maintenances nightly attempts to fix it every day. I have a friend starting an attractions CP in January and I can only imagine the pain if he ends up in studios and its still having issues

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom