Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

begood524

That is correct. Even the POVs show both transports moving through the scenes
Okay Theme Park Review is saying that there are two different paths too... in their video of the AT-AT room, there are clearly two vehicles, but only one goes up the elevator - maybe there are two versions in fact?

bclane

Were the drones worth it? What do you all think?
They looked super cool up in the air in my opinion, but should have flown away and out of view vs what the did which was basically nothing. They need a TIE fighter to chase. That would be epic!

Bob Harlem

Man that ceremony didn't do anything other than sucking some of the air out of the excitement. (Mainly the drones and Chapek, the actors were pretty good) Real test will be tomorrow.

Magenta Panther

I watched a video ride-through at the Site That Shall Not Be Named, and eh. It's all very slick and pretty. But please tell me why I'm supposed to care about Rey, be scared of Kylo, or give a damn about The Resistance. I cared about the Jedi, et al, in the OT because I cared about the characters and what would happen to them. The razzle-dazzle effects were the icing; the characters were the cake. Compared to the OT, Iger's Star Wars is just a bunch of woke empty calories. Again, meh.

SWGalaxysEdge

Okay Theme Park Review is saying that there are two different paths too... in their video of the AT-AT room, there are clearly two vehicles, but only one goes up the elevator - maybe there are two versions in fact?

..no there are 2 elevators... see below...(upstairs map)

2nd layout-markup2.png

Brer Oswald

I watched a video ride-through at the Site That Shall Not Be Named, and eh. It's all very slick and pretty. But please tell me why I'm supposed to care about Rey, be scared of Kylo, or give a damn about The Resistance. I cared about the Jedi, et al, in the OT because I cared about the characters and what would happen to them. The razzle-dazzle effects were the icing; the characters were the cake. Compared to the OT, Iger's Star Wars is just a bunch of woke empty calories. Again, meh.
Meh. Soy Wars is Soy Wars. It was dumb then, it’s still dumb now. Might as well make the best of it. With this ride, I feel like they did (although some strange screen choices for their premiere attraction).

TP2000

Posted this in our Resistance ride thread on the Disneyland forum, but it applies here even more.

Just watched the "big" DHS opening ceremony. Here are my Deep Thoughts on that...

• No celebs. Just Chewbacca, Vi Moradi Presented by Clairol ColorSilk, and a gaggle of kids from Tallahassee Junior College pretending to be fighter pilots and gritty townsfolk on stage. You can dress up a blonde twink as a fighter pilot and smear dirt on his face, but that doesn't mean the audience buys it.
  • Drones. Okay, kind of cool, but also kind of pointless. They moved more like the Goodyear Blimp than an X-Wing Fighter. Were they supposed to do something more?
  • Bob Chapek. He is still exactly like Bob Chapek, or the animatronic they use for Mr. Chapek. He read his script reasonably well and hit all his Power Words. Immersive is still firmly in his vocabulary, thank God. He still has a good grasp of how to pull off Executive Casual with the blazer, so thank you to Mrs. Chapek or whomever styles him.
  • Does the ride work? At the end Mr. Chapek didn't tell the crowd "we invite you to experience Rise of the Resistance!". Instead he said "we invite you to live your own adventure throughout Star Wars Galaxy's Edge!" They didn't mention the ride was open. That's odd.

tirian

Posted this in our Resistance ride thread on the Disneyland forum, but it applies here even more.

Just watched the "big" DHS opening ceremony. Here are my Deep Thoughts on that...

• No celebs. Just Chewbacca, Vi Moradi Presented by Clairol ColorSilk, and a gaggle of kids from Tallahassee Junior College pretending to be fighter pilots and gritty townsfolk on stage. You can dress up a blonde twink as a fighter pilot and smear dirt on his face, but that doesn't mean the audience buys it.
  • Drones. Okay, kind of cool, but also kind of pointless. They moved more like the Goodyear Blimp than an X-Wing Fighter. Were they supposed to do something more?
  • Bob Chapek. He is still exactly like Bob Chapek, or the animatronic they use for Mr. Chapek. He read his script reasonably well and hit all his Power Words. Immersive is still firmly in his vocabulary, thank God. He still has a good grasp of how to pull off Executive Casual with the blazer, so thank you to Mrs. Chapek or whomever styles him.
  • Does the ride work? At the end Mr. Chapek didn't tell the crowd "we invite you to experience Rise of the Resistance!". Instead he said "we invite you to live your own adventure throughout Star Wars Galaxy's Edge!" They didn't mention the ride was open. That's odd.

Glad I wasn’t the only person who thought that about the stage...uh...production? Or as That One Guy shrieked at the end, “Yaaaaaah!”

Brer Oswald

You weren’t negative enough on Mr. Chapek. If I didn’t know any better, I’d suspect he rehired you to say nice things about him (or as nice as one could say about Ol’ RoBobto).

peter11435

There are two path. But both paths go through the AT-AT room and the gun room. Both path take the elevator in the AT-AT room. There are two elevators.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom