Do you try new restaurants when you go to the world? What's one you keep saying you're going to try.

unmitigated disaster

If it's convenient, yeah. In 2013 we tried Tusker House and loved it. Flame Tree and Harambe Market in 2017. Both were hits. Pecos Bill, though, in 2018 was a big fat no.

With us it's more "what are we near when it's time to eat?" -since we eat almost exclusively quick service we don't have to worry about ADRs - than " is it a new place? "

I would have loved to have tried Satuli but we were too far from it.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Our last few trips we've eaten someplace new every time. The problem with that, of course, is that you find something you like and just have to go back.

Examples: in 2016, we hit the Prime Time Cafe and Yacking Yeti for the first time and fell in love with the ahi tuna nachos at YnY. That made it a must-do on our 2018 trip. And in that trip, we tried Les Halles (breakfast) and Skipper Canteen for the first time.

I fear that in the future, in our quest to accommodate our new favorites, including our old favorites (Tokyo Dining, Biergarten, Earl of Sandwich), we'll run out of meals to match up with our favorite restaurants!

zurgandfriend

We have some that we eat at every visit like breakfast at the Kona cafe. Many favorites where we will eat at a few of each trip, California grill, yachtsman. We do how ever attempt to try something new each trip.

Simba’s Mom

We tend to go to the same places, mostly because of money. What I mean is that it costs so much to eat at restaurants at WDW that I really hate to spend that amount on a restaurant that we may not like. I'd much prefer to spend the money on a "tried and true" restaurant than to take my chances. Food's just too darn expensive at WDW to roll the dice.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Only when they open a new one (in the parks that is, Springs only occasionally) :) I guess Space 220 will be Flower and Garden trip next year.

We have food types we enjoy and ones we do not. We even retry ones we have crossed off our list due to poor experiences to either confirm or revise our opinions.

JIMINYCR

We always have our favorites that we are certain to book and then throw a couple of new places in the mix to make it a different experience. Before deciding where to book, we watch different dining reviews on different sites to help us make informed choices. If I see a menu item thats been highly recommended I'll be sure to order it. This coming trip I'm especially excited about trying Chefs de France for the first time. And Space 220 when it opens up.

Minnesota disney fan

Wow, I'm surprised I guess at the amount of people who go to the same places. That is what we do. We have our old favorites and rarely try something new. I would like to at times, but my husband only likes the same places. He is not adventurous with food. So, we eat at the same places most of the time. We did try Art Smith's Homecomin and the Boathouse once. I wish that we could try more new places on our next trip in March. Not that I don't like our favorites, they are great every time, but would like to try a new place. For those trying Biergarten, we found it to be a good choice, but we like German food.

JIMINYCR

Wow, I'm surprised I guess at the amount of people who go to the same places.
With the cost of the meals for an entire family, you tend to go with what you know was good on past trips instead of taking a chance on dining in a restaurant that doesnt sound like something youd like. You want your Disney trip experiences to be all positive so if you did dine at a place that didnt deliver it would be a glitch in your trip. Thats why we go to only one or two new spots and thats after I really explore many reviews to be fairly certain that I'll enjoy.

Goofyque'

Like most of the other posters, we do a mixture of both. We have our must do list, and the need to try list. In addition, everyone in our trip gets to pick one!

EmmieSue

We like to try new. Via Napoli his on the list for this upcoming trip, November 2020 will be full of new like BoG Lunch, Garden Grill breakfast, and maybe Space 220 depending on the food choices. We are running out of "new" places that have food I'd eat since I am picky.

So one of the pictures on the home screen is a great one of skippers canteen and I realized we never ate there. Then I realized that we tend to frequent the same places over and over.

Do you make it a point to try new places? or do you tend to stick with the old reliables? What's one place you want to try out?

We try to add a couple of new TS places each trip to mix in with our "must-dos." We prefer TS to QS mainly because it's a chance to sit down, relax from the hustle of the parks, and take a little break. Sometimes it's hard to find somewhere to sit if you grab QS at a busy time. As a family, our all-time favorites are Liberty Tree and 50s Prime Time as our kids have always been picky eaters. Now that they're teens, it's improved some. Our kids both really like Yak and Yeti and Teppan Edo. My husband's not a fan of buffets, so we typically don't go to those. On our first trip back in 2010, we went to Biergarten and didn't enjoy the food. Our new places to try in February are Mama Melrose's (already dined at Tony's a few times and once at Tutto Italia) - I don't have high hopes for it, but it can't be too bad, right? We're also trying Monsier Paul's (did Chefs de France last trip). If it's just my husband and I, we like to hang out at Nomad Lounge in AK. It's fun to sit and chat with the bartenders or get a table outside and people watch. We were underwhelmed at the Brown Derby and Be Our Guest. Yachtsman's Steak House and Flying Fish were both good. I think that was the trip we dined at a lot of Signature restaurants and got tired of eating steak.

Hcalvert

I have been debating the same thing. I have to make June 2020 dining reservations next weekend and am at my wits end regarding where to book for a total of 14 nights (on DDP). Below are my choices for my upcoming January and March trips as well as my tentative choices for June. (There is a pattern to the restaurants as some are a must-do each time we go):

January-Rainforest Cafe at DAK, Storybook Dining, Yak & Yeti, Jungle Canteen, and BOG (lunch & breakfast)

March-Rainforest Cafe at DAK, Storybook Dining, Yak & Yeti, Jungle Canteen, BOG (lunch & breakfast), 'Ohana dinner, Beaches & Cream (Lunch--out of pocket), and La Hacienda (new for us)

June (Definite)-Rainforest Cafe at DAK, Storybook Dining, Yak & Yeti, Jungle Canteen, BOG (lunch & breakfast), 'Ohana dinner, Beaches & Cream (Lunch--out of pocket), Biergarten, Tusker House Dinner

-Can't Decide: Sci-Fi Diner or 50s Prime Time Cafe, Liberty Tree Tavern (too warm?), Space Restaurant??? Looking for suggestions

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I have been debating the same thing. I have to make June 2020 dining reservations next weekend and am at my wits end regarding where to book for a total of 14 nights (on DDP). Below are my choices for my upcoming January and March trips as well as my tentative choices for June. (There is a pattern to the restaurants as some are a must-do each time we go):

January-Rainforest Cafe at DAK, Storybook Dining, Yak & Yeti, Jungle Canteen, and BOG (lunch & breakfast)

March-Rainforest Cafe at DAK, Storybook Dining, Yak & Yeti, Jungle Canteen, BOG (lunch & breakfast), 'Ohana dinner, Beaches & Cream (Lunch--out of pocket), and La Hacienda (new for us)

June (Definite)-Rainforest Cafe at DAK, Storybook Dining, Yak & Yeti, Jungle Canteen, BOG (lunch & breakfast), 'Ohana dinner, Beaches & Cream (Lunch--out of pocket), Biergarten, Tusker House Dinner

-Can't Decide: Sci-Fi Diner or 50s Prime Time Cafe, Liberty Tree Tavern (too warm?), Space Restaurant??? Looking for suggestions
50’s Prime Time is always a favorite of ours. Liberty Tree Tavern is good but used to be better in my opinion.

TinkerTara

So one of the pictures on the home screen is a great one of skippers canteen and I realized we never ate there. Then I realized that we tend to frequent the same places over and over.

Do you make it a point to try new places? or do you tend to stick with the old reliables? What's one place you want to try out?

When it comes to dining I usually try to mix some old favorites with new places each time I go. One place I would like to try is Chef Art Smith's Homecomin', a friend of mine has told me over and over again how much she loves it there. By trying new restaurants I have found some new favorites to add to my collection such as Satu'li Canteen and Spice Road Table.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Are you serious?

On two points:

1. You call it “the world”? Tssk tssk 😏

2. You a city girl and you eat at the same places?

I think the new Coronado restaurant is the only place I haven’t tried...currently

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom