Trip Report **COMPLETED** Run or Fun?: Our Wine and Dine Trip

Hello everyone ! I have been back for a few days now so it's time to start my Trip Report :)

Who?
My Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
IMG_6742.JPG

When?
November 1 - 5, 2019

Why?
Wine and Dine 10K

Where?
Yacht Club! Our first time staying there and spoiler alert - we LOVED it!

Day 1 November 1, 2019
We had an early flight again so we stayed at a hotel across from the airport. We got up at 3:20 am and got ready 😴
DSC_0657.JPG

DSC_0660.JPG

We got to the airport a few minutes before the Southwest Counter opened up so we made friends with some other people who were running this weekend :)
Then, we were quickly through check-in and security so we could grab some bagels to eat.
Xpy+L+owTMKQ1qjnjyj2OA.jpg

I was absolutely convinced that we would not get out of Buffalo. The weather was horrendous. Super high winds, sleet type rain, etc. So we nervously waited at the gate to see what would happen.
qmIX7Ka+R4WNQnVe306qhQ.jpg

11BBC408-D1DB-4AC3-9214-C397B1D247DB.JPG

I saw the pilots board the plane and knew we were good to go. Phew!!
Magic Band time :)
bAca+RjVT0ORYf1O7JN5+g.jpg

%PvhYl66RgO%6DN4eYbc6A.jpg

Soon enough we made it to Florida, off the plane and to the fonorail!
DSC_0663.JPG

DSC_0664.JPG

Next up: more arrival fun

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Oh my goodness! Sheldon is super cute!! I can't believe we have never made it over to Rafiki's Planet Watch. We always talk about heading over there but we never do! Maybe this visit coming up we will have to rectify the situation!

You definitely have to!! I hope they keep it open long term

That is so cool that you got to observe the vet!

It was one of the coolest things I've ever seen!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Wow, that’s really interesting! We’ve never caught one of the vet procedures and I’m always torn between pleased none of the animals need treatment and sad to not get the insight into how they manage some of the more unusual creatures!

I know that is a super weird moral dilemma. When I was a resident we got to go to the Buffalo Zoo to learn about snake bites/human issues, but we also got to see the vet do a well check on some of the animals so that was cool! It was cool to see an animal close up and not because it was hurt.

Was there water flowing in that little bucket? I was trying to see how that shark was breathing.

There was water and she had a tube in hermouth I'm assuming to move water. They also were pretty constantly pumping water onto her

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I loved seeing all your pictures from AK! We always make a point of going to Rafiki's Planet Watch and hope to get the chance to view an animal having a procedure done which is soooo rare! The petting zoo animals are always so fun to interact with too!

Thank you! I know it was SO cool! I can not believe we lucked into it. The CMs did say that you are more likely to see something earlier in the day!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
Back at the hotel we grabbed a snack and headed down to the pool.
I did not apparently consume enough cheese so I got more.
4qq1SFINR3OdoU6jCydm5w.jpg

My Mom had this vanilla cupcake/cake thing - which I now realize after seeing Frozen 2 yesterday what it is. P.S. - Frozen 2 was amazing !
bHb8tcQYQM+z4ftK5UCBlg.jpg

5gCfbwQmRDem5Xn%T37CyA.jpg

C45E51B0-5FD0-4109-A219-EAD8F53E72C8.JPG

After our pool time we got dressed and headed to the....Skyliner!
I was nervous to get back on this after the incident but I figured if they opened it back up that quickly they must have figured it out.
The nice thing about being so close to Epcot is also being so close to the Skyliner!
9twOQK7GTeKf66V%gK08Ng.jpg

1gJPud+1SgGlG2Oh+RPdrA.jpg

eWLjnubKSsiwuBwMZIK3vg.jpg

kl5KJyC0RzOGdR3hlLzd2w.jpg

Fun fact: if its raining you will definitely get wet! It started pouring by the time we pulled into the Caribbean/transfer station. Thankfully it was just a drizzle by the time we got on the next bucket.
w4c7m1evT%mITPw2k+9fNA.jpg

HeXQGMRrT7ag4XD6RGTJUw.jpg

Next up: Hollywood Studios

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
Instagram life ....
xtDptBoiQ+C+r7AVDtvU2Q.jpg

MicntQRVSBG8O88mZPwCaA.jpg

We still haven't ridden Smugglers Run - especially with my Mom's back we knew we would not be able to stand in line this time. Maybe someday :joyfull:
561035088.jpeg

561035178.jpeg

Our whole purpose was to go to Oga's Cantina finally.
Here we are in line. It is kind of weird how you check in. You stand in a long line outside and they check you in. You continue to wait in this line until they call you inside. It's like waiting for an exclusive club or something :happy:
RX1j4XlGQci3tUMbdG659w.jpg

We got to look at the menu while we waited
HKXjUlHmRDWeVbJI5e1dhQ.jpg

When we checked in we were told it was 90% standing and they asked if that was OK. In hindsight I wish we said no, but I was not sure what would happen if we did. Only because my Mom's back was really bothering her after all the standing we did inside and outside.
+wqsnHeuTHOrPLDYXWao3Q.jpg

0Jr+4L2%SYKpiV51xFnFiQ.jpg

uFJfqFsJSiC%N7hc5kiYqA.jpg

iyZmdXCkR5ChuO0o3tccog.jpg

Next up: more Ogas

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
We were hungry so we ordered the Batuu Bits (Crispy Galaxy Snack Bits with Spiced Chermoula Dip). They were essentially just like veggie chips - pretty good actually.
fullsizeoutput_4282.jpeg

For drinks my Mom got the Bespin Fizz (Bacardí Superior Rum, Yuzu Purée, Pomegranate Juice, White Cranberry Juice, and a Cloud Swirl) and I had the Fuzzy Tauntaun (Cîroc Peach Vodka, Bols Peach Schnapps, Simply® Orange with Tangerine, Pure Cane Sugar, and "Buzz Button Tingling" Foam)
q8UR4%ZeRHyruRztljyckA.jpg

Zr%sGpGRRimnuzHDmg8fiw.jpg

kFC0wc+oTISy33cW8eyxNA.jpg

Both drinks were very good! It was also a super cool vibe inside with DJ R-3X and all of the CMs who were super into it. We enjoyed our time there :happy:. It reminds me of Trader Sams but with a Star Wars twist. Again, I just wish we asked to sit at a table because by the end my Mom's back was really hurting.
After this we headed to Toy Story Land
8Fu2lWvyT1SXc9tQtnfI2w.jpg

Slinky Dog Dash!!
X3kfWcj4ToGliGETFxQamQ.jpg

Tb4HENqOQGWmKZYqGAplDw.jpg

My phone is in my hand because we Facetimed Max and my sister :hilarious:
561100438.jpeg

We had dining reservations for 50's Prime Time, but not for over an hour and we were exhausted. So - we decided to head out and grab food somewhere else.
New HS arch!
ggOMFt5pQVGTgFuhOM4bIQ.jpg

Next up: finishing up the day

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
I was feeling extra tired and exhausted so I made us take the Skyliner back instead of walking. I timed it and it took us 15 minutes to get back so it was actually faster than walking anyway.
h1dJod91QSuelmJ4T+OGeg.jpg

8LtpgSKLS3yyMNZ6YM%ARw.jpg

I spy Spaceship Earth
625ABsXcROW4dE04mHjUlw.jpg

We were really hemming and hawing about what to eat and feeling pretty tired and lazy. So - in the end we decided to order room service :inlove:. We always play a game while we are in hotels and we look at the room service menu and pretend like we are going to order something. I don't know why :joyfull: In this case, however, it helped because we already knew the menu:hilarious::hilarious:
We ended up over ordering as usual. We got a pepperoni pizza, chicken wings and fries. My Mom literally warned me not to order the wings assuming they would not be good (since wings outside of Buffalo usually aren't). She was right- they were just OK, but the pizza and fries were great!
lh+mlRrrSGW9xBAKnTylPw.jpg

Cute Pizza box! However, I wish there was a smaller version of the pizza. This was way too much for just two of us.
XidTIwY1T0SbNmyztjjkKg.jpg

We ended up eating on the bed with a table cloth down because they didnt bring us a tray or anything. We watched Jeopardy while we ate - it was like we weren't even at Disney, but it was nice :joyfull::inlove:.
After out dinner we took our last nighttime stroll around the Boardwalk
mwKfgGp8S4eAN8Bevc0dMw.jpg

We looked at some treats on the Boardwalk but did not get any.
XNKADz79QTCjJTIH6vyz7w.jpg

After this it was off to bed.

Next up: last morning :(

Oh bother!

Day 4 continued
Instagram life ....
View attachment 428193
View attachment 428194
We still haven't ridden Smugglers Run - especially with my Mom's back we knew we would not be able to stand in line this time. Maybe someday :joyfull:
View attachment 428197
View attachment 428195
Our whole purpose was to go to Oga's Cantina finally.
Here we are in line. It is kind of weird how you check in. You stand in a long line outside and they check you in. You continue to wait in this line until they call you inside. It's like waiting for an exclusive club or something :happy:
View attachment 428196
We got to look at the menu while we waited
View attachment 428198
When we checked in we were told it was 90% standing and they asked if that was OK. In hindsight I wish we said no, but I was not sure what would happen if we did. Only because my Mom's back was really bothering her after all the standing we did inside and outside.
View attachment 428199
View attachment 428200
View attachment 428201
View attachment 428202

Next up: more Ogas
Love your skirt!

lindawdw

You both look so cute in your Star Wars shirts! Sorry that your mom's back was hurting after the wait and then standing inside Oga's Cantina. :( We didn't go on the Star Wars ride either when we were there in October although we're not really big SW's fans either. Glad you enjoyed the Skyliner ride and thanks for the tip on getting wet if it rains! We loved it and think it's a great addition to the transportation at WDW! My DD and I ordered room service on our last trip together and just hung out watching The Office all night long which was such a fun memory!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Love your skirt!

Thank you - I got it on Shein for like 10 dollars :hilarious:

You both look so cute in your Star Wars shirts! Sorry that your mom's back was hurting after the wait and then standing inside Oga's Cantina. :( We didn't go on the Star Wars ride either when we were there in October although we're not really big SW's fans either. Glad you enjoyed the Skyliner ride and thanks for the tip on getting wet if it rains! We loved it and think it's a great addition to the transportation at WDW! My DD and I ordered room service on our last trip together and just hung out watching The Office all night long which was such a fun memory!

Thank you! That sounds like an amazing memory! I will never forget our little TV and room service time either

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 November 5, 2019
We got up, packed our bags and checked our luggage.
Then we headed to Ale and Compass to check in for breakfast
+PQ836pzRk6k2pHYwleeIA.jpg

Another interesting light in the lobby ...
xxMlPNyYQiWVPoXJWvsBFg.jpg

We had a long wait to be seated which was weird since the restaurant was dead :hilarious:
ESzTy9hgSfmCDu6W5TBxiw.jpg

We elected to skip the buffet and just order a la carte which did not seem to make our waitress happy. She was like - well then you will have to pay for your drinks. :rolleyes: Ok....well thats still cheaper than the buffet/entree :hilarious:. Eating an entree and a buffet was just going to be way too much food and there was nothing really on the buffet that interested us anyway.
There was a TV in the room we were seated in
Pnbp%nyfTje4mFKF8sVbnw.jpg

I got a tea
GYLuBuUxTTOFQkBEt3NI4A.jpg

And my Mom got an iced tea
ZAIZ47hbQ1mvsnyGCov2aQ.jpg

I was obsessed with this tea
+FoK1GIsQ%+pV%+0xxW3YA.jpg

I got the American Breakfast (there is bacon hidden under that giant piece of toast).
2XVLNY%pT1+fXCn9+%7Vnw.jpg

I would have loved ketchup but after our food came we never saw anyone again :hilarious:
And my Mom had the dark chocolate waffles
S10lYX%%Tx+Vx48z8O0LVA.jpg

Our food was fine but not great. My Mom's waffles were good but after a few bites they were a bit much honestly. If you LOVE chocolate then these are for you :)

Next up: saying goodbye

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
We had a small amount of time before our DME so we walked around the Boardwalk once more. Walking around the Boardwalk is so nice - its also just very peaceful in the morning. It does not feel like Disney at all :)
Ukn3AWjLQganbxnQlbG9dA.jpg

z5wrRTCIQu2zL8d0xvT+4Q.jpg

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

Then we relaxed on the balcony for a few minutes
E98B53D5-AC9E-484D-BE65-312DB1AEC9DF.JPG

Sadly then it was time for DME
RVOJWIZ%QeKQtw2x9n7peg.jpg

Butttt...we will back in 4 weeks !
x2+d0VXsSOqhBp6VxA72Cg.jpg

In our last of our crazy once a month trips we are heading down next week with the whole family :)

lindawdw

We used to love that place when it was The Captain's Grill restaurant but sadly with the new name and menu, we don't really see anything that entices us back. Your server and wait time experience seemed lackluster also. :( I can't believe you'll be back again in 4 weeks!!! I'll be down at WDW 12/7-12/12 so I'll probably just miss seeing you! Can't wait to read about another WDW adventure. :) Thanks for sharing with us!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom