Tomorrowland new entrance

D.Silentu

It looks like congestion waiting to happen.
I struck up a conversation with someone who looked like a manager I saw in the park the other night. I asked about the curb lowering and the planter alterations and their impact on crowd flow. He talked about how they can navigate crowds in ways they couldn't in the past.
These posts align with my thoughts. Regardless of how it looks, I'm not perceiving the potential improvement to crowd flow. If there is no advantage, then I'm confused as to why they made changes to begin with.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
compare.jpg

I put side-by-side Biorecunstruct's image and one from Google Earth. You guys can decide if they really gained a ton of square footage in all of this.

Stevek

View attachment 428237

I put side-by-side Biorecunstruct's image and one from Google Earth. You guys can decide if they really gained a ton of square footage in all of this.
Quite honestly the bigger issues is the bottleneck on either side of the astro orbiter as you enter the land. But the walkways are now a bit wider overall now though so that's a good thing

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

These posts align with my thoughts. Regardless of how it looks, I'm not perceiving the potential improvement to crowd flow. If there is no advantage, then I'm confused as to why they made changes to begin with.

The gentleman I talked to made it clear that there is an advantage, since they no longer have to use specific spots on the hub for paths due to accessibility issues with curbs.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 428237

For me it was never about making more walkway space. It was about removing more of the TL ‘98 silliness. Project Starbust has so far been a cancer for the park but at least it removed those rocks.

DanielBB8

They could have brought back Rocket Rods with all the money they spent on Project Starbucks.
Tron roller coaster is the successor to the Rocket Rods. I can’t wait for them to announce it. Plus demolish the People Mover tracks. Move Astro Orbitor, but they have to reskin it too. The Discovery looks clashes with the retro look. Ultimately, the retro theme has to be modernized. It can’t be verbatim 60-70s space age. I prefer they use Tomorrowland movie for inspiration.
B621CC15-9E71-4BD9-8914-686385ED0D83.jpeg

mickEblu

Tron roller coaster is the successor to the Rocket Rods. I can’t wait for them to announce it. Plus demolish the People Mover tracks. Move Astro Orbitor, but they have to reskin it too. The Discovery looks clashes with the retro look. Ultimately, the retro theme has to be modernized. It can’t be verbatim 60-70s space age. I prefer they use Tomorrowland movie for inspiration.
View attachment 428484

I’d be ok with this. Ultimately I want them to choose whatever it is they can hit out the park. Id imagine trying create TL: the movie land is much more difficult than the retro look

Last edited:

Professortango1

View attachment 428484

Rocket Rods had movement throughout the land, a thrill ride with a small overall footprint, and was something that felt unique. Tron is a giant boxy show building with an exposed roller coaster track akin to Six Flags or Knotts. The ride in contained and is based upon a franchise set in the modern day and feels very similar to other nearby coasters (Space Mountain, Pony Express). Bringing the Tron coaster to DL would be another stupid decision in the recent history of stupid decisions.

Ismael Flores

Looking at that picture, how are we supposed to know what land we are in? Nothing says Tomorrowland. We could be in Galaxy's Edge for all Tourists know.

you know whats funny? i have heard prople refer it to the new star wars area, oblivious that there is a new land at other end of park. seems like many people do not pay attention to maps or they do kot know how to read it or they have no clue that Galaxy edge is part of the star wars story. with so much Star wars stuff in tomorrowland i do not blame them for thinking that is star wars themed now
View attachment 428237

not a lot of space but it does seem designed for better crowd flow with the circular planters instead of corners. The area that should benefit is if and when they removed the remaining rocks. At the moment they have a set up for Buzz lightyear queue in front of those rocks that make the walkway in that area narrow. If they remove those rocks and then use that foot space for the queue then they will gain at least an extra 4 to 6 feet of walkway.

It also looks like they widened the path between the grass area and the fairy fountain a bit.

Last edited:

DanielBB8

Rocket Rods had movement throughout the land, a thrill ride with a small overall footprint, and was something that felt unique. Tron is a giant boxy show building with an exposed roller coaster track akin to Six Flags or Knotts. The ride in contained and is based upon a franchise set in the modern day and feels very similar to other nearby coasters (Space Mountain, Pony Express). Bringing the Tron coaster to DL would be another stupid decision in the recent history of stupid decisions.
You’re wrong about Tron. It’s an advance that has totally new ride profile and vehicles. It doesn’t come close to our Space Mountain which is decades old. Rocket Rods already have a counterpart with Radiator Springs Racers. It doesn’t make sense to revive it on People Mover tracks. Do you think they will rebuilt the tracks for Rocket Rods II? That’s a fantasy. Disney isn’t going to blow the budget for an already failed attraction and market it based on that. Okay, maybe Sequel Trilogy Galaxy’s Edge.

Tron is a success!!! No one will say it’s a stupid decisIon except for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom