News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

HauntedMansionFLA

Ouch! I'm assuming the pace will be somewhat quick from here, perhaps increasing in speed once the F&W festival is done with Flavors from Fire on the reverse and they can go hard
Do they have anything going on in that area during the Holiday festival? Full steam ahead. I’m a bit surprised considering Disney’s track record on projects pace.

Dr.GrantSeeker

Figured out how to pull the pictures in full quality:
dsc05031.jpg

dsc04997.jpg

dsc05022.jpg

Click and enjoy the sharpness.
I was really hoping that seeing the demolition wouldn't hurt, but my god this is painful to look at. 😭😢

DreamfinderGuy

I find it twice as upsetting. I remember Martin mentioning that one idea had them being basically gutted and very open and glassy. It makes me have a glimpse of what it seems that could have looked like. And it would have been so cool.
It would’ve been so beautiful. It featured an actual expansion of the building, which is what it was always meant for. The overhaul team is breaking the foolproof formula that the original core had with these new additions, but with the way they’re treating the rest of the park I can’t say I’m surprised.

MaximumEd

This sucks. Epcot already had the space to soak up huge crowds without making the center of FW a giant open nothing. Would have loved to see them expand those buildings and use them. Hey, Disney, in the future, you might try, I don’t know, actually building attractions if you want people to come. There’s a botanical gardens 25 miles from my house if I want to walk through trees and water.

MaximumEd

They are actively building two brand new attractions as we speak. Not to mention the 3 attractions recently updated. 4 attractions about to receive major updates and more new attractions and updates on the way.

True. I was talking about the tearing out half of Communicore and the center of FW. Guess my bitterness gave way to hyperbole. I’m not really pleased with the direction of FW, but in all fairness, it’s been dead for a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom