Trip Report "The Best Disney Trip EVER"

Hello, hello everyone!! A warm welcome to everyone reading--I'm so glad you're here!!

WHEN: Tuesday, November 5th - Tuesday, November 12th

WHERE: I think you know us well enough by now!!

WHO: I'm sure you know most of us(don't worry--I'm not going to confuse you all like I did in June;)). In case you don't though, there's me, my nephew J, & my sister E. Besides us usual 3 Musketeers, E's husband/J's dad/my BIL joined us for the fun!! To keep confusion to a minimum for this TR I will refer to him as JSR.
562449274.jpeg

You could also call us "The Red Family". When E asked J what color MB he wanted he said that he wanted red & that we should all get that color so we could be "The Red Family". I know you can't see E's but trust me, her's was red also.

Looking forward to reliving "The Best Disney Trip EVER" with you all!!

Tuesday, November 5th

The plan was to leave E & JSR's at 7:00. I went to work for 5:30 to get a few last minute things done--also so that I could say to my boss that I was only off for 7 days, not 8. He teases me that "vacations are 7 days not 8". After doing some work & him teasing me a bit I was off on my merry way!! I got to their house only to find out that JSR was still packing!!:jawdrop: E was not thrilled in the least. He must have been close to being done though b/c we were only delayed a few minutes.

Then came the next delay. It was Election Day and E & JSR wanted to due their civic duty. I sat in the car with J & we talked Disney while we waited.
IMG_3046.JPEG

And, in typical Pittsburgh fashion, it was raining.
IMG_3048.JPEG

Rush hour traffic + heavy rain = a slow commute to the airport. I don't know what it is with this town but it seems like no one can drive in the rain around here. Trust me, we get more than our fair share of it so you think people would be used to it.
IMG_3050.JPEG

As we were waiting to check our luggage in the woman behind us noticed our luggage tags & said that she was going to Disney also and was staying at Caribbean Beach. She asked if this was our first time going which prompted JSR to throw in a few digs about us & the frequency of our trips. I think he's just jealous ;)
IMG_3051.JPEG

The Southwest agent was slower than molasses but after 10 minutes or so it was our turn.
IMG_3052.JPEG

JSR made fun of me all week b/c of this. I had two suitcases. The small one weighed 20 lbs & this one was 36.5. He kept saying, "How did you manage to bring 56 lbs. of clothes?" As it turned out, due to his last minute packing there were quite a few things that he forgot so I told him at least I didn't have that problem. He also told me not to tell E about what he had forgot b/c he didn't want to hear her say "I told you so".
IMG_3053.JPEG

E went to park the car while the J's & I proceeded to security. But wait, I couldn't go just yet. For whatever reason the Southwest agent left one of the suitcases behind. After unsuccessfully trying to get his attention for about 5 minutes I finally interrupted him & asked him to please put it on the belt. I was getting nervous that it would somehow get forgotten. He looked at me with a surprised look on his face & said he didn't notice it there. Really??
IMG_3054.JPEG

On the "monorail" we go!!
IMG_3055.JPEG

Zipadeelady

I went from sad to laughing at your two posts!

It was so nice of you taking the time to look for the picture I wanted. I still have one more option. I'll know by next weekend and hopefully I'll have it by Christmas.

Who takes their phone out while running in the rain to document the moment? :hilarious: Now that is dedication to the report and we all appreciate it, well except maybe E.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I hope you're feeling better, such a scary moment with you dad's horses (they're beautiful, btw).

I agree with you, the comment your waitress made, felt out of place.

Glad to see you made good use of your TIW card. Frank keeps all our WDW receipts too, and likes to make a final tally. There's some satisfaction for him, when he matches the final room statement down to the penny! 😄
I am feeling much better, thank you!! In the last few days I've noticed a big improvement. Most importantly--it doesn't hurt to breathe!!

The whole situation with the waitress was bizarre!!

We definitely made great use out of it!! Even when I take into account the discount we would get with our AP's we still come out ahead with TIW--getting 20% off on alcohol just might have something to do with it!!
Ouch - Hope you have recovered from your fall! This is my DD sixth year riding and she fell off the horse for the first time a few weeks ago (luckily nothing serious). She came home and told me it was karma - she had been hanging out at the stables with a bunch of the other girls and one of the riding instructors asked them to help her with the ponies because they’d gotten “undisciplined ” during the week because they’d only been ridden by inexperienced riders. But at the time she got on the pony she was supposed to already be on her way home and she knew she was breaking her curfew ... If she had called to ask, i would have allowed her to stay. Instead, not only did karma intervene but she lost phone and electronic privileges for a week for breaking the curfew...
I'm doing much better--thank you!! I'm glad your daughter is ok. Horses are nice but they can be dangerous. Your daughter sounds like me--I'm a big believer in karma!!
Always let go of the rope with horses! I grew up riding and one day I made the mistake of wrapping a lead around my hand. The horse got spooked and a good 2 in by 4 in section of skin on my hand was peeled right off. So glad you were ok. I wonder if the other waiter was late from his shift or break?
I know!! My dad felt so bad so bad but I kept telling him that really it was my fault for not using my head quicker.

Oh my!! I got queasy just reading that. I can only imagine how painful that was & how long it took to heal. Would I be correct in assuming that it was on the palm of your hand?? Gosh, I couldn't even imagine.

Not really sure but I think by them switching places it caused our orders to go in later which is why it took so long. Our reservation(& we were seated on time)was 25 minutes before the time that was on the receipt. I'm thinking that was the time that he finally put the order in which would make sense why it took so long.

Those Chip and Dale Nutcrackers are adorable! $12 for shipping sounds pretty good.
They are cute!! $12 was well worth it!! I didn't have to worry about making room for them or paying that $75 overweight luggage fee!!
I went from sad to laughing at your two posts!

It was so nice of you taking the time to look for the picture I wanted. I still have one more option. I'll know by next weekend and hopefully I'll have it by Christmas.

Who takes their phone out while running in the rain to document the moment? :hilarious: Now that is dedication to the report and we all appreciate it, well except maybe E.
I was happy to do it. I just wish it would have been successful!! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get one!!

I doubt she knows I took them!!:cautious::hilarious: Thank you for the compliment & yes, dedication it is. I have to take pictures of everything that happened or I'll forget when it's time to write my notes. Sad thing is I write the notes every night before I go to bed. The mind just isn't there like it used to be.....

Sillysidewalker

I am feeling much better, thank you!! In the last few days I've noticed a big improvement. Most importantly--it doesn't hurt to breathe!!

The whole situation with the waitress was bizarre!!

We definitely made great use out of it!! Even when I take into account the discount we would get with our AP's we still come out ahead with TIW--getting 20% off on alcohol just might have something to do with it!!

I'm doing much better--thank you!! I'm glad your daughter is ok. Horses are nice but they can be dangerous. Your daughter sounds like me--I'm a big believer in karma!!

I know!! My dad felt so bad so bad but I kept telling him that really it was my fault for not using my head quicker.

Oh my!! I got queasy just reading that. I can only imagine how painful that was & how long it took to heal. Would I be correct in assuming that it was on the palm of your hand?? Gosh, I couldn't even imagine.

Not really sure but I think by them switching places it caused our orders to go in later which is why it took so long. Our reservation(& we were seated on time)was 25 minutes before the time that was on the receipt. I'm thinking that was the time that he finally put the order in which would make sense why it took so long.

They are cute!! $12 was well worth it!! I didn't have to worry about making room for them or paying that $75 overweight luggage fee!!

I was happy to do it. I just wish it would have been successful!! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get one!!

I doubt she knows I took them!!:cautious::hilarious: Thank you for the compliment & yes, dedication it is. I have to take pictures of everything that happened or I'll forget when it's time to write my notes. Sad thing is I write the notes every night before I go to bed. The mind just isn't there like it used to be.....

It was my palm. It was my dominant hand so it took all summer! That’s crazy 25 minutes later. At least you had some yummy food out of it.

AKemily

On our trek to the bus stop the heavens let loose.
IMG_3196.JPEG

The bus stop feels so far & the thunder & lightening made it seem even worse. I love rain but thunder & lightening scare me like nothing else. If a storm is bad enough I'll actually sit in the basement with my dog. She's afraid of them too.
It was at this moment... that I was on Slinky Dog Dash :hilarious: Talk about a water ride!
giphy.gif

susan lees

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 5TH

J & I got away as quick as we could--yay!! As we walked by Blaze Pizza he asked me if I remembered that grandma(my mom)really liked their gluten free pizzas there. There's a few locations here locally & my mom would get their pizza quite often. She had celiac & said their gf pizzas were pretty good. My mom passed in April so I was pretty impressed that J remembered that esp. b/c the last time she probably ate at Blaze was last year b/c she was in & out of the hospital so much the last few months before she passed. When I told E that he said that she was quite amazed also!!
View attachment 427210

Our first stop was here:
View attachment 427211

He looked at the merchandise for awhile but decided he didn't want anything.
View attachment 427212

We pretty much walked in & right back out of here. I was surprised he didn't want to look around more than we actually did.
View attachment 427213

This would be why.......
View attachment 427214

I think you've seen J fill up quite a few candy bags over the years so I'm sure it's no surprise that this is what he wanted!!
View attachment 427215

He's happy!!
View attachment 427216

After Candy Cauldron I got a text from E that they finally broke free from the hawk's grip & were headed to our dinner reservation.
I noticed this pretty waterfall & asked J if we could stop & take our picture with it in the background. He was fine with it but told me he didn't want his candy getting wet!!
View attachment 427217

When we met up with E & JSR they told me they made plans for something but they didn't want me to feel like I had to do it. A DVC tour!!
I told them I would go even though I went to one last year. BTW--we each were supposed to get a $50 gift certificate emailed to us for doing the tour--we're all still waiting on them:cautious:
View attachment 427218

Time for dinner!!(yes, I know we had lunch 2 1/2 hours before....)
View attachment 427219
Children are so perceptive. It's lovely he has memories of his grandma.

susan lees

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 5TH

On our trek to the bus stop the heavens let loose.
View attachment 427692

The bus stop feels so far & the thunder & lightening made it seem even worse. I love rain but thunder & lightening scare me like nothing else. If a storm is bad enough I'll actually sit in the basement with my dog. She's afraid of them too.
View attachment 427693

Thank goodness we got there when we did b/c it really started pouring.
View attachment 427694

View attachment 427695

We waited about 20 minutes for a bus.
View attachment 427696

View attachment 427697

We got off at the South Depot & stood under cover for a few minutes. It was obvious that it was not going to let up anytime soon so we decided to make a run for Fulton's.
View attachment 427698

There were big unavoidable puddles everywhere. Every duck's dream....
View attachment 427699

After looking around Fulton's we headed to our rooms. It was a long but fun first day!!
View attachment 427700

I thought the red & green lights were so nice & festive!! Unfortunately, that was the only night that they were that color.
View attachment 427701

We got back to our rooms around 8 which was perfect for me b/c that's when I usually start preparing for bed.
OMG that was some storm. We were playing cards in our room and wondered what the noise was. What a show we got when we went outdoors.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
It was my palm. It was my dominant hand so it took all summer! That’s crazy 25 minutes later. At least you had some yummy food out of it.
I can't even begin to imagine how frustrating(& painful) that had to be.
It was good--esp. those greens!!
It was at this moment... that I was on Slinky Dog Dash :hilarious: Talk about a water ride!
giphy.gif
You had to have been drenched. That was a pretty heavy rain!!
Children are so perceptive. It's lovely he has memories of his grandma.
I totally agree!!
OMG that was some storm. We were playing cards in our room and wondered what the noise was. What a show we got when we went outdoors.
It was nuts!! I'm glad you were inside for it!!
That storm looks awful!
That it was!!
I absolutely am!

Plus, I must say, I am very thankful that you continue to keep me updated on the status of available toiletries! HAHA
No problem--glad I can be of assistance!!:joyfull: I'm really starting to think it depends on the mousekeeper.
I miss Homecomin' now...those deviled eggs and fried chicken...YUM and WOW! :hilarious:
You're not kidding!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm late but I'm here!

Your trip report is making me miss Homecomin'.... It's so good.
Glad you're here!! Not late at all--just getting ready to start day 2!

It's making me miss it too!!
Of course I'm late, but I'm glad to be here. I love your reports!
Yay!! You're not late--this is only the beginning. 7 more days to go!!
Thank you so much!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH

E & I met up at 6 for our morning walk. This was the view from my room. The North Depot was to the left.
IMG_3209.JPEG

Towards the end of the walk it started getting lighter so that's when we ventured down to FQ. While it was still dark we could hear the bats under the one bridge so we didn't want to go that way until it was light.
IMG_3212.JPEG

IMG_3213.JPEG

I wasn't especially impressed with the new beignet area.
IMG_3214.JPEG

Afterwards we headed to our rooms to get ready for our first park day!!

IMG_3215.PNG

Breakfast!!
IMG_3216.JPEG

Now this, my friends, took a great deal of courage on my part. I don't iron. I'm not good at it in the least & clothes end up looking worse when I get done with them-seriously. My mom & grandma used to holler when I wore wrinkled clothes(that was a huge pet peeve for both of them). So, for me to actually pull out the iron means that the wrinkles must have been pretty bad.:hilarious:
IMG_3217.JPEG

As luck would have it the iron wouldn't heat up. My shirt was pretty bad but I kept telling myself that at least I tried!!
IMG_3220.JPEG

BTW--I normally blame my wrinkled shirts on the seat belt :hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious: Couldn't do that today though!!
IMG_3221.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH

I had some time to wander around Riverside before we were meeting to get the bus.
I thought this was a bit bizarre....
IMG_3222.JPEG

IMG_3223.JPEG

IMG_3224.JPEG

So pretty!!
IMG_3227.JPEG

I headed to the North Depot. Bummer--it looks like we just missed a bus.

IMG_3228.PNG

IMG_3229.JPEG

That's the building I stayed in.
IMG_3230.JPEG

Being so close to a bus stop really is a plus!!
IMG_3231.JPEG

J was ready to go!!
IMG_3232.JPEG

And lucky for us a bus pulled in within a few minutes!! Can't always trust the app!!
IMG_3233.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH

We got there shortly after park opening & the security lines were quite long.
IMG_3234.JPEG

This guy cut in front of us:devilish:
IMG_3235.JPEG

I love this! I'm sure this is going to be an unpopular opinion but I enjoy the sight of the train station more than the castle:cautious:
IMG_3236.JPEG

It's kind of hard to tell but J was holding my hand along with his dad's. I found that to be a bit peculiar b/c he really doesn't hold my hand unless he's nervous.
IMG_3237.JPEG

IMG_3238.JPEG

No, the tree is not really leaning. I just have lousy photography skills!!
IMG_3239.JPEG

Main Street was crowded so we cut though the stores.
IMG_3240.JPEG

J made sure to remind me that we needed to get some jelly beans later!!
IMG_3241.JPEG

My 2nd favorite sight at MK!!
IMG_3242.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH

Our first FP was for the Tomorrowland Speedway so we headed there first.
IMG_3243.JPEG

I thought the girl on the left resembled my niece E so I sent her this picture & asked her if she was there.
IMG_3244.JPEG

J wanted to ride with his dad--that seemed to be the theme for this trip.
IMG_3245.JPEG

I would have liked to have seen the decorations lit up at night.
IMG_3247.JPEG

Someone kept tapping my car:cautious: Since J is too little to reach the gas pedal I think we know who the culprit was...
IMG_3249.JPEG

We headed to the Peoplemover next. We were looking forward to it esp. b/c we missed it last trip.
IMG_3251.JPEG

IMG_3252.JPEG

IMG_3253.JPEG

I could seriously stay on this all day long!!
IMG_3255.JPEG

I look at this picture quite frequently trying to decide if I will be able to ride this or not. I would be fine with the indoor portion but outside is another story.
IMG_3256.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH

Another example of my fine photography skills....
IMG_3257.JPEG

IMG_3258.JPEG

Has John's shoe always been untied??
IMG_3259.JPEG

Time for our next FP!! @tonystark I thought of you!!
IMG_3261.JPEG

I was sending R random pictures throughout the day & this was one of them. He asked me if E & JSR were arguing b/c of the way her hand was!! Interesting how he could guess what was going on without seeing faces!!
IMG_3262.JPEG

I swear I'm not a mean/miserable person. My ride photos always make me look like I am though!!
IMG_4548.JPG

I love the look on J's face!!
IMG_4549.JPG

I also love this mirror!!
IMG_3265.JPEG

See my man in the blue shirt??
IMG_3266.JPEG

He was busy holding his "service dog"......
IMG_3267.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH

Super adorable but I could only imagine what it cost!! Lego's are so darn expensive!!
IMG_3268.JPEG

Lots of cute Christmas merchandise was out!!
IMG_3269.JPEG

E wanted J to get a haircut so we stopped at The Harmony Barber Shop & they were able to take him right away!!
IMG_3270.JPEG

E said that this CM has cut his hair before.
IMG_3271.JPEG

IMG_3272.JPEG

IMG_3273.JPEG

The finished product!!
IMG_3274.JPEG

As we stepped out onto Main Street there was quite the noise all of a sudden. Everyone's phones were going off. Ironically, the last time I got an amber alert I was in Disney also!!
IMG_3275.PNG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH

Our last FP was to meet Mickey!!
IMG_3276.JPEG

The FP line was more like a slow pass. It was really long!!
IMG_3277.JPEG

IMG_3278.JPEG

Since I had plenty of time to kill I looked to see what FP's were available. You may be wondering why I only made it for 3. After lunch E was going to the GF to get her hair cut.
IMG_3279.PNG

I really wish talking Mickey was still there!!
IMG_4552.JPG

We told Mickey that J just got his hair cut to come see him!!
IMG_4553.JPG

IMG_4554.JPG

IMG_4555-1.JPG

IMG_4557.JPG

IMG_4558.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom