New Cirque du Soleil 'Drawn to Life' show in development to replace La Nouba

halltd

Haha! No nothing against them. I was just wondering where her hands were, and why he looked so calm about it. :hilarious: I'm sure they're terrific acrobats.
Well you must be near DC if that show is the main show on their page. Go see it. It’s stunning. I’ve seen it like nine times. And check out that vid I posted.

Sir_Cliff

Still think this is a tremendously missed opportunity.

I got ripped on these boards before for suggesting this earlier but this theater would have made an amazing UFC ring. Since I posted this before, ratings in ESPN for UFC have been outstanding, and events at DS, maybe broadcasting “Fight Night at the Springs” would have been an excellent anchor. They could have run ESPN title fights mid-week for additional foot traffic during otherwise slow nights.

Coupled with the new NBA experience, they could have drawn interest from the NFL, MLB and/or NHL for additional experience attractions and made the Springs/WWS a world class sports Entertainment Mecca, maybe even boosting a sagging ESPN franchise.

Instead they go with a high-priced acrobat show you can see at AK Lion King day.

Missed opportunity!
Whimsical French Canadian acrobatics to the music of classic Disney animated features seems a little more on-brand for Walt Disney World than Fight Night at the Springs.

halltd

Instead they go with a high-priced acrobat show you can see at AK Lion King day.

Missed opportunity!
No offense to Festival of the Lion King cast because I LOVE that show, especially the Tumble Monkeys. But, if you think a Cirque show is the same as FoLK, you have no idea the training and talent it takes to put on one of those shows. The strength and performance ability of the Cirque athletes is beyond compare.

Kman101

lol at someone who thinks Disney would ever put in a UCF arena. LOL. Just no.

Can't wait for this new show.

I do find it odd they want us to buy tickets, keep giving us glimpses into the show, yet, no name yet? Did I miss that?

I do think they're missing out on adding a real Broadway theater, but I know folks argue against it because of downtown Orlando's district. But still ... they're missing out.

the.dreamfinder

lol at someone who thinks Disney would ever put in a UCF arena. LOL. Just no.

Can't wait for this new show.

I do find it odd they want us to buy tickets, keep giving us glimpses into the show, yet, no name yet? Did I miss that?

I do think they're missing out on adding a real Broadway theater, but I know folks argue against it because of downtown Orlando's district. But still ... they're missing out.
I mean, it would do better than the NBA experience and it would not have to only do Disney shows.

Kman101

I mean, it would do better than the NBA experience and it would not have to only do Disney shows.

It would 1000% do better than that godawful NBA experience (which a lot of us said was a mistake to begin with ....) and yep they could have other shows come in, doesn't just have to be Disney specific. Their broadway shows already tour in Orlando (Aladdin is coming next year Jan/Feb) ...

Robbiem

It would 1000% do better than that godawful NBA experience (which a lot of us said was a mistake to begin with ....) and yep they could have other shows come in, doesn't just have to be Disney specific. Their broadway shows already tour in Orlando (Aladdin is coming next year Jan/Feb) ...

A Broadway style theatre in Disney springs is a good idea like they have in shanghai. Rotate out the shows every few years and you have another new reason for people to return

Epcot82Guy

A Broadway style theatre in Disney springs is a good idea like they have in shanghai. Rotate out the shows every few years and you have another new reason for people to return

While I'm sure it has do to with internal contracting, I was surprised they didn't have a theater rotating the Disney Broadway shows through a Disney Springs theater. They have plenty of shows now. I mean, a quarterly rotation of Lion King, Mary Poppins, Frozen and Beauty and the Beast could probably work alone (and that leaves 6 other major shows and a number of others on the table).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

dhslxop

At Disney Springs, the full theater is now behind walls - including the store, box office and the restrooms are closed. Interestingly the window coverings on the 2nd floor are down, but it’s still difficult to see anything.

brb1006

Cirque-du-Soleil_Full_36836.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom