The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Is that what YOU were like? Is that why you say that?
Yep. Me, my long time friend, her older siblings, my coworker's daughter who turned 18 recently...we were all like that. 🙄

It'll swing between, "I am an adult! I do not need to be told what to do". And then when you won't tell her what to do, she'll be like, "Please tell me what to do." Maybe not initially, but at some point you'll get into an argument and she'll play the "I'm an adult!" card.

Songbird76

I've had a headache otherwise I might have watched Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Haven't seen that in forever.
I have Bedknobs and Broomsticks on DVD...love that movie. I was so mad. We sat down to watch Flight of the Navigator the other day, and the Dutch Disney+ doesn't have it. It must only be for US residents. I tried to use Windscribe to get around it, but it didn't work.

MySmallWorldof4

Tell me about that if you'd like.
It was super easy to install. It just connects via an HDMI cable that it comes with. The set up was simple. I went to their website after I installed it in order to activate it. I didn't need to put any credit card info. I was able to add channels easily on the website. Many channels are free, such as Olympic Channel. You can also add channels directly on the tv when using the Roku. I just played around with the remote to figure it out. There really aren't too many instructions for how to use it. My kids have really only watched Disney plus since we got it.

MySmallWorldof4

Is that what YOU were like? Is that why you say that?
Last night I said to my daughter: "When you wake up tomorrow, you will be an 18 year old...an adult. I can't believe it actually."
She responded:
"YOU can't believe it....no I can't believe it. I still feel like 13 or whatever". :):D
My daughter was a little sad when she turned 18. My husband and I were a bit sad also of course. She kept thinking that she was no longer a kid, and I had to remind her that she would always be my kid. The toughest thing to deal with has been doctors offices. She needed to give permission for me to speak on her behalf. She still is not comfortable making appointments and making phone calls to ask questions. I know I was the same way until I was in my late 20's. I keep telling her to just pretend she is speaking to me or her dad on the phone. I hope she enjoys her day and realizes that she is still the same person she was yesterday.

MySmallWorldof4

Yep. Me, my long time friend, her older siblings, my coworker's daughter who turned 18 recently...we were all like that. 🙄

It'll swing between, "I am an adult! I do not need to be told what to do". And then when you won't tell her what to do, she'll be like, "Please tell me what to do." Maybe not initially, but at some point you'll get into an argument and she'll play the "I'm an adult!" card.
Has yet to happen here. I wasn't that way until I was in my early twenties.

StarWarsGirl

My daughter was a little sad when she turned 18. My husband and I were a bit sad also of course. She kept thinking that she was no longer a kid, and I had to remind her that she would always be my kid. The toughest thing to deal with has been doctors offices. She needed to give permission for me to speak on her behalf. She still is not comfortable making appointments and making phone calls to ask questions. I know I was the same way until I was in my late 20's. I keep telling her to just pretend she is speaking to me or her dad on the phone. I hope she enjoys her day and realizes that she is still the same person she was yesterday.
That was one issue I didn't have. I'd known my doctor at the time since I was about 9; I had no problem calling him and asking for what I needed. I've been going to the same allergist and dentist since I was even younger; I had no problems calling them either. I also started doing those kinds of things when I was 17. I had a migraine at school one day, and my mom was working, but my dad was working from home. Called the doctor, made an appointment, and told Dad he'd better come get me because we were going to the doctor. "Do you expect me to drop everything and come get you?" "Yup." One of the few times he ever took me in place of mom. I was actually glad to just be able to go myself and not have to worry about having a parent take me. My mom did go on all of my doctor's appointments with that diagnosis I had earlier this year. It was kind of weird since she hasn't gone with me in a really long time.

I put my mom down as my health care agent with our local hospital so she can help if needed. I signed a HIPPA form saying my info could be revealed to her. Our doctor's office is associated with the hospital, so it's all synced. I finally had to add Dad before my surgery since he was coming to get me. Usually if you go to a new office, they'll have you sign a HIPPA form asking if there's anyone you can release info to, and I put down my mom.

StarWarsGirl

Has yet to happen here. I wasn't that way until I was in my early twenties.
I was that way from the day I turned 18. Especially since my dad is, well, bossy. It took a lot of repeating "Dad, I'm an adult; I can figure out my own bedtime now" "Dad, I'm an adult, I can figure out when to do my homework" "Dad, I'm an adult, I can watch Netflix instead of going outside if I want". Every now and then I still have to play that card. "Dad, I am an adult who is going to drive to this place in this car I own." 🙄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom