Slinky Dog Dash rider experience and comments

RSoxNo1

If it were in a castle park, I’d be more critical, but I like it in the Studios. To each his own, I guess.
You have it in a castle park in Hong Kong, and you have a similar vibe with Storybook Circus in Florida.

I don't really have an issue with Toy Story Land in DHS. The park is still a bit disjointed despite having some excellent themed areas and I appreciate that it has a more child friendly vibe.

Steph15251

Have you seen Disneyland’s new entrance arch to Adventureland? Its dimensions completely disregard the surrounding proportions; it’s distractingly tall. Different internal team, but same rookie mistakes...from the company that’s supposed to be the best at this stuff...

That said, this particular canopy doesn’t bother me too much, and the theming is well done.

Slinky Dog is one of my favorite additions over the last few years, even over Mine Train (which is too short), and it’s almost (but not really) an off-the-shelf coaster. No dark ride segments or special effects, just excellent theming that’s carried far enough to feel plausible. It’s a sleeper hit for sure.
I love SDD but hate SDMT

Bocabear

no one hates SDMT!!! just the never ending line...lol I do wish it were a longer ride and had a few more show elements, even props during it's outside run, but it is sweet and very nicely done...
Slinky is cute, but I think everyone is over the giant Christmas lights and fiberglass All Star Resorts decor as theming. It could have been better...it should have been better.

ToTBellHop

no one hates SDMT!!! just the never ending line...lol I do wish it were a longer ride and had a few more show elements, even props during it's outside run, but it is sweet and very nicely done...
Slinky is cute, but I think everyone is over the giant Christmas lights and fiberglass All Star Resorts decor as theming. It could have been better...it should have been better.
Guest ratings suggest not everyone is over that theming.

tirian

You have it in a castle park in Hong Kong, and you have a similar vibe with Storybook Circus in Florida.

I don't really have an issue with Toy Story Land in DHS. The park is still a bit disjointed despite having some excellent themed areas and I appreciate that it has a more child friendly vibe.
Yeah, and the castle park versions are significantly inferior to the one at the Studios too. It’s all a mess. :(

I do get what you’re saying, and I agree it’s disjointed and a bit too large for just three rides; but for the Studios’ idea of shrinking to the size of a toy, it’s much better than the HISTK playground. ;)

tirian

We were singularly unimpressed with TSL in 2018; although we liked it better at night.

Fast forward to 2019, and it has definitely grown on us. The enclosed restaurant will be a much welcomed addition.

I agree with everyone else that a HIStK style playground would be the icing on the cake. Might this still be a possibility? Is there room for it anywhere?

Big missed opportunity IMO to not have relocated the Speedway to here -convert to electric vehicles, and weave it in and around and under the SDD tracks.

The Speedway and playground would’ve completed the effect! Good ideas.

But this brings us to the biggest issue with TSL: it effectively shuts down in rain because 2/3 of the attractions are outside or have outdoor queues.

tirian

Guest ratings suggest not everyone is over that theming.

I give Toy Story a pass because plastic toys look like giant fiberglass props.

In contrast, the El Cheap-o overlays at DCA’s Pixar Pier don’t belong in any Disney-caliber theme park.

Steph15251

I hate SDMT ,to me it is too short and boring

ilovetotravel1977

I hate SDMT ,to me it is too short and boring

We rode it in a peltering of rain...that was interesting. Here we are, sitting with ponchos on in the ride vehicle (hoods are obviously off since we are indoors), the first burst outside and boom! the rain felt like 1000 little pins in the face! LOL We literally couldn't stop laughing and still giggle about it today when someone brings up the ride.

A good, fun ride (but yes, could be longer).

Bocabear

but if MFSR was a coaster....any sort of coaster, it would be well received and beloved... People love coasters...they just do... So a coaster around All Star Resort Props come out looking amazing for guest satisfaction... And honestly the ride is cute... I would have preferred a completely different IP and theme.

tirian

The Studio parks (Disney and Universal) being the dumping ground of whatever is pretty sad.

If Playland or Galaxy's Edge make as much sense in a castle park as a studios park, than what's the point of it?
Ah, but they don’t.

But at the end of the day, does it matter anymore? Modern P&R sees the parks as marketing opportunities for branding. The majority of online fans obviously don’t care, because they defend budget cuts and thematic mistakes by saying, “It’s all Disney! My five-year-old loves it! And I choose to enjoy myself!”

The era of unique, highly themed theme parks has come to an end and the mobs are satisfied. At least we have the Imagineering docu series and plenty of books to remind us how Disney was, and how they used to build their reputation.

The Disney Parks of 1955–c. 2009 created the brand loyalty they enjoy today. If nothing changes, everything will become Fantasyland Lite to sell toys, and fans will accept marketing ploys as creative entertainment.

Example #1: Frozen in an imaginary kingdom in Norway.

Example #2: SWGE, centered only on the new trilogy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom