Ideas for Star Wars shows on Disney+

tribbleorlfl

Personally, I want to see more "slice of life" stories set in the SW universe. I want to see normal people, aliens and droids going about their days in that rich world without the story having grave "fate of the universe" stakes or direct ties to the saga. Seeing alternative perspectives of, or ramifications from, events in the saga are cool, I just want more than "this character grew up to be the Resistance soldier in the background at 35:42 in The Last Jedi." So I'm picturing "Modern Family in Space" or an anthology of vignettes kind of like what CBS is doing with "Short Treks."

What I was also think would be totally fun along the same vein is "broadcasts" from the Empire's media channel. "News" segments, "commercials", cooking shows and music performances (like from the Holiday Special), reality shows, sitcoms, propoganda, etc.

sedati

Disney got fifty scripts from Lucas for a live action series that he was waiting for technology to make reasonably affordable to do:

RandySavage

While there seems to be a movement towards smaller scale, more intimate series, I'll vote the other way: for an epic, big-budget military/war series. I'd like to see acknowledgement of a much wider war than what we've seen the famous characters involved in on screen to date. Trafalgar in space, with scores of capital ships and countless fighters.

Take a major Empire vs Rebel Alliance battle set during the Original Era - one we've never seen, ie the Battle of Tabashi Shipyards or the Assault on Mon Calmar - and create a series around it. Introduce individual players on both sides (we won't know who will live and who won't), from the command to the lower decks, in the lead-up, the battle itself and the after-effects.

Throw in some familiar characters to connect it to the Universe (i.e., Admiral Ackbar and Admiral Ozzle).

champdisney

I’m probably the only person on this planet that would want such a thing, but I would really like to see what the hell happened to Jar Jar Binks and the rest of the Gungans past Revenge of the Sith.

Disney better act on this because as the creator himself said: Goofy was the inspiration behind Jar Jar.

Robbiem

How about a ‘tweenquel’ series set between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens it could explain why the rebellion didn’t become a new republiic, how the first order came about what happened to the other trainee jedi etc

5thGenTexan

I want a show from the POV of R2-D2. All the beeps, whistles, and tweets translated. By the time The Force Awakens comes along he shuts down because he is old, tired, and sick of saving everyone. By the time the Last Jedi ends he has been doing his job for 65 years since his first appearance in the Phantom Menace. In his show he finds a way to go back in time before Poe Dameron and BB8 get the map piece, he then goes to find Luke on his own, tells him to suck it up and pull it together as the galaxy has gone to crap again while he is sitting and sulking.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom