Trip Report **COMPLETED** Run or Fun?: Our Wine and Dine Trip

Hello everyone ! I have been back for a few days now so it's time to start my Trip Report :)

Who?
My Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
IMG_6742.JPG

When?
November 1 - 5, 2019

Why?
Wine and Dine 10K

Where?
Yacht Club! Our first time staying there and spoiler alert - we LOVED it!

Day 1 November 1, 2019
We had an early flight again so we stayed at a hotel across from the airport. We got up at 3:20 am and got ready 😴
DSC_0657.JPG

DSC_0660.JPG

We got to the airport a few minutes before the Southwest Counter opened up so we made friends with some other people who were running this weekend :)
Then, we were quickly through check-in and security so we could grab some bagels to eat.
Xpy+L+owTMKQ1qjnjyj2OA.jpg

I was absolutely convinced that we would not get out of Buffalo. The weather was horrendous. Super high winds, sleet type rain, etc. So we nervously waited at the gate to see what would happen.
qmIX7Ka+R4WNQnVe306qhQ.jpg

11BBC408-D1DB-4AC3-9214-C397B1D247DB.JPG

I saw the pilots board the plane and knew we were good to go. Phew!!
Magic Band time :)
bAca+RjVT0ORYf1O7JN5+g.jpg

%PvhYl66RgO%6DN4eYbc6A.jpg

Soon enough we made it to Florida, off the plane and to the fonorail!
DSC_0663.JPG

DSC_0664.JPG

Next up: more arrival fun

lindawdw

We actually enjoy the quiet pool more at Beach and Yacht Club versus Storm Along Bay because it's just so hectic at the big pool. We feel the same way about the West Wing room and have decided that the ballroom is our favorite. The last time we had dinner there we actually experienced a lot of what you did and have decided that we'll only have lunch there from now on. I love your skirt that you wore and you and your mom look so cute dressed up with your purple mickey ears! How fun that you were able to see the castle lighting and the MK fully decorated! It's too bad that the servers all walked by you in the Yacht Club lounge but walking around the Boardwalk all lit up at night is a pretty nice way to end your evening. :)

PeoplemoverTTA

Another vote for "OMG I love your skirt!" 😍

What a bummer about Ale & Compass Lounge -- that sound so out of the ordinary 👎

For me, BOG is "one and done." It's cool to see the inside, but the food was just meh for dinner (and since I'm plant based, I've heard that the new dinner is even more "meh"). I do love it for breakfast, though, and would go back for that if we had the chance.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
"ICE AND SNOW! ICE AND SNOW!!" Love this display of Disney magic! One of our favorite things is Main Street all decorated for the Holiday's! :inlove:

HAHAH My Mom and I kept chanting ice and snow when we were running the other day :joyfull:

We actually enjoy the quiet pool more at Beach and Yacht Club versus Storm Along Bay because it's just so hectic at the big pool. We feel the same way about the West Wing room and have decided that the ballroom is our favorite. The last time we had dinner there we actually experienced a lot of what you did and have decided that we'll only have lunch there from now on. I love your skirt that you wore and you and your mom look so cute dressed up with your purple mickey ears! How fun that you were able to see the castle lighting and the MK fully decorated! It's too bad that the servers all walked by you in the Yacht Club lounge but walking around the Boardwalk all lit up at night is a pretty nice way to end your evening. :)

I agree. Sometimes it is just nice to be in the quiet...as much as we love the sand bottom and the slide !
Thank you for all the kind comments !

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Another vote for "OMG I love your skirt!" 😍

What a bummer about Ale & Compass Lounge -- that sound so out of the ordinary 👎

For me, BOG is "one and done." It's cool to see the inside, but the food was just meh for dinner (and since I'm plant based, I've heard that the new dinner is even more "meh"). I do love it for breakfast, though, and would go back for that if we had the chance.

Thanks!
I feel like it will definitely be a bit before we head to BOG again. My Mom's dinner was plant based and it was fantastic last time she had it so who knows!

Yea! I finally figured out how to do the avatar; about time. I might change this picture as I was having so much fun checking the photos out:) Anyway you might recognize us the end o f February if we are lucky to get to say Hi! Great trip report and love the skirt.

Thank you and I love the photo! I should change mine sometime its super old

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 November 4, 2019
We both woke up before 6:30 because #daylightsavingstime
We had breakfast reservations, but not until 9 am so I stalked the app and was able to move it up quite a bit.
We did not have far to go :)
For some reason they still had this sign up even though the race weekend was over :cautious:
Maybe I should mention here that I asked several questions about Run Disney weekend while at the Yacht Club that no one knew the answer to. Things like - where is the expo bus, how do I get to Epcot with the gateway being closed, etc. I said something to the Mears woman working the Expo bus stop and she rolled her eyes and said they didn't even have any of the signs for awhile. Its like they forgot it was a race weekend :joyfull:
NKSHS0ieSc2oO0OIX8VSdw.jpg

%bBkfZlJQCa8VhgRq7Km3A.jpg

uY1qIAOQRUqwBd3m5HzjIQ.jpg

Zp8ex3DETs29OncPRvludw.jpg

Anyway - breakfast was at Cape May Cafe!
Ai4BU9exRBiH9rJWZoQkDw.jpg

S0Re3buvS8mEC1fxwg4VBg.jpg

Some food photos
Pumpkin spice pancakes, tater tots, cheese
G3ID57bKRCOjthq9VY1orw.jpg

Waffles and whipped cream with berries, bacon
3ZG80JGTS9iheGUD055l+w.jpg

Minnie came by very quickly
8+pCeNrAQ8uFbR2kep5GHg.jpg

IMG_7755.jpg

Next up: more Cape May

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
Fruit, bacon, chocolate muffin, chocolate croissant, scrambled eggs
PlvZJ4VySqm%DdUlWTAj8g.jpg

Daisy was up next
bybssySiT92lU%9KsBgz2A.jpg

n+XyWvjuSMONw2IhL1jI3A.jpg

Then Goofy
3ZTPYLBKRjmZ06PWxYmarA.jpg

cNe0u2LIS%2ob%k35Lmbmw.jpg

One last plate
The thing on the left was like this hash whipped egg thing - I don't know exactly but it was good.
C60q24deRGSTUK+ABFrWrA.jpg

And Donald was up last!
QAwiJJW4SP6YT4dzm5h6rw.jpg

XYB1+2H4QvOk968ePK8%EQ.jpg

Yum! Everything was great again and we had the best time with the characters ! They spent a lot of time with us!

Next up: AK!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
Since we had no plans until the evening my Mom suggested we go to AK (which is a shock since she doesn't really like it 😜 ).
We were hoping to see the Christmas tree up but it was not up yet :cautious:
Hello AK!
FVFERCZrQkKlNMse2sZagA.jpg

560770274.jpeg

560770521.jpeg

We debated about riding something but the crowd levels were nuts this day. By the time we got to the back to see the Safari wait time it was 100 minutes. So...we decided to rope drop Rafiki Planet Watch :joyfull:
cE9JpzWDQ+SrBDbiP7vVIg.jpg

We went immediately to the petting zoo. Probably should have changed to shorts, but whatever :hilarious:
Z4HVMvMRS9eISa+Ui5MqRQ.jpg

rxK0+LqKTMuWYq32zquYYw.jpg

These two guys weren't interested in taking photos
fy%48ihQRgSaHySR3QJL8g.jpg

qCA7RXS7Q2ypeN9VNfbLrw.jpg

This guys name is Sheldon and he was the best. He loved meeting people - my Mom wasn't so sure about meeting him :hilarious:
nDwGAiQ8Ri2zvkzYaxKSzA.jpg

GkPJf+x8RQSieHIjfbqiqw.jpg

Next up: more AK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
We walked into the building part of Rafiki's Planet Watch where they now have the drawing class.
We were not interested in waiting for the drawing class so we wandered around a bit.
We ended up running into the vet area and they were doing a CT scan on one of the sharks from The Seas. This shark had a gastric ulcer that they were watching and an ovarian cyst.
pBT%LDjoRnOF%VkLzKQuYg.jpg

They are filming a National Geographic special on AK for Disney Plus - hence all the cameras. So cool!
u%aFX1cMT2+ZIjJMsIBpzA.jpg

FF97636E-0D0E-4047-ABE0-584AD03470B0.JPG

DB5CfFkNRGKWjjjNJ2geVw.jpg

48Wcg3HQRiSsAaZHsU7hpw.jpg

63kLu%BaQbKYptTSP%Imlw.jpg

This was beyond cool! It so was so interesting to hear everything the vet said and watch the whole procedure :)
Train ride back :)
tu7Vjkn+SD6cLGMt8iYOJQ.jpg

DSC_0971.JPG

DSC_0976.JPG

Oh bother!

Day 4 continued
We walked into the building part of Rafiki's Planet Watch where they now have the drawing class.
We were not interested in waiting for the drawing class so we wandered around a bit.
We ended up running into the vet area and they were doing a CT scan on one of the sharks from The Seas. This shark had a gastric ulcer that they were watching and an ovarian cyst.
View attachment 427133
They are filming a National Geographic special on AK for Disney Plus - hence all the cameras. So cool!
View attachment 427134
View attachment 427135
View attachment 427136
View attachment 427137
View attachment 427138
This was beyond cool! It so was so interesting to hear everything the vet said and watch the whole procedure :)
Train ride back :)
View attachment 427141
View attachment 427142
View attachment 427143

Wow, that’s really interesting! We’ve never caught one of the vet procedures and I’m always torn between pleased none of the animals need treatment and sad to not get the insight into how they manage some of the more unusual creatures!

Sillysidewalker

lindawdw

I loved seeing all your pictures from AK! We always make a point of going to Rafiki's Planet Watch and hope to get the chance to view an animal having a procedure done which is soooo rare! The petting zoo animals are always so fun to interact with too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom