SICK Space Mountain Holiday overlay

Cmdr_Crimson

One thing that still bugs me about this....Here we get this interesting idea adding a light show to Space Mountain, all new lighted displays at Tomorrowland Raceway, The return of The Jingle Cruise......And yet they don't have the time to bring back Country Bear Christmas Hoedown.....

prberk

One thing that still bugs me about this....Here we get this interesting idea adding a light show to Space Mountain, all new lighted displays at Tomorrowland Raceway, The return of The Jingle Cruise......And yet they don't have the time to bring back Country Bear Christmas Hoedown.....

Exactly. The most appropriate attraction for a Christmas overlay is ignored.

Yes, people have said that it takes time to reprogram the bears -- yet, we can put a crane up over the castle in plain view for a month in the fall.

Yes, people have said that at least one song (Rudolph) may have rights issues now -- yet, they were capable during the last general update to edit out parts.

There is absolutely no reason why the Country Bear Christmas Special doesn't run during the holidays. None.

joejoe

Pardon me if this has already been asked/answered, but is this only at Mickey's Christmas Party or also during regular park hours?

ImperfectPixie

Exactly. The most appropriate attraction for a Christmas overlay is ignored.

Yes, people have said that it takes time to reprogram the bears -- yet, we can put a crane up over the castle in plain view for a month in the fall.

Yes, people have said that at least one song (Rudolph) may have rights issues now -- yet, they were capable during the last general update to edit out parts.

There is absolutely no reason why the Country Bear Christmas Special doesn't run during the holidays. None.
Forgive my ignorance, but why does Rudolph have issues?

Touchdown

Rudolph is not exclusive, he appears at Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, and Sea World Adventure Parks.

I believe that as a result of the Dreamworks merger Universal holds the rights to the Christmas special (along with the older Rankin Bass specials) and I could see them eventually adding them to their holiday events but for now they are happy collecting the license fees. I do not know who owns the rights to the song itself but it was published in 1949 so there is still a bit before it enters the public domain.

prberk

Rudolph is not exclusive, he appears at Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, and Sea World Adventure Parks.

I believe that as a result of the Dreamworks merger Universal holds the rights to the Christmas special (along with the older Rankin Bass specials) and I could see them eventually adding them to their holiday events but for now they are happy collecting the license fees. I do not know who owns the rights to the song itself but it was published in 1949 so there is still a bit before it enters the public domain.

Either way, they could solve this by paying the royalties (like nearly everyone else is, it seems) or cutting the song (like they did for other parts of the original show in the recent edits). No excuse for not having a Christmas show by the CBJ. The perfect setting.

Touchdown

Either way, they could solve this by paying the royalties (like nearly everyone else is, it seems) or cutting the song (like they did for other parts of the original show in the recent edits). No excuse for not having a Christmas show by the CBJ. The perfect setting.

It’s a bit hard to cut seeing as it’s part of the closing medley but I fail to see why Disney wouldn’t just pay it, especially since it’s already a part of the BGM on Main Street.

prberk

It’s a bit hard to cut seeing as it’s part of the closing medley but I fail to see why Disney wouldn’t just pay it, especially since it’s already a part of the BGM on Main Street.

Exactly -- or, dare I say it -- record a new show or closing segment? We are talking about one of the largest, if not THE largest, entertainment companies.

KikoKea

I was hoping for some thumping bass, not music that sounds like kazoos. I'd rather have good music, darkness, and snowflake projections on the roof. But, I'll be in SM line in 3 weeks, anyway.

prberk

Well, apparently Disney is running the Rankin-Bass classic "Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer" on its Freeform cable channel. So, they are paying the rights to air it there.

Speedy71

They might as well give us the haunted mansion holiday overlay.

Thelazer

Easy Explanation.
Ent Dept, overlay on space mountain is easily done with existing equipment and staff.

CBJ / Haunted Holiday means that imaganering / ride and show has to be involved, costs 10X.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom