Coco ride? (Image on new Imagineering Site)

Sir_Cliff

This reminds me of a meme that was going around a while ago in Mexico!

coco.jpg

Epcot82Guy

I actually would be ok with the idea. But, as others have stated, I hope it's a ride about Dios de Los Muertos. That could be a wonderful way to use Coco and it's characters to be about something Mexican. And something you could do the in time the ride allows.

General Mayhem

Those things showed up after it left theaters. Making up the rule "but seasonal doesn't count" is silly.
It's not silly because it's the same exact event every year since it was introduced with little to no changes, so by legal definition it is not new. Attractions, shows and events that are over 18 months old can no longer be labeled as new because it is technically false advertising. So until you can give me a solid example of something that has opened after the film left theaters that's not just a seasonal show your point is still invalid. Good day sir.

THE Monorail Lime

I actually would be ok with the idea. But, as others have stated, I hope it's a ride about Dios de Los Muertos. That could be a wonderful way to use Coco and it's characters to be about something Mexican. And something you could do the in time the ride allows.
Exactly, IP CAN work in Epcot, Imagineers know what their doing

tribbleorlfl

Coco was actually one of the weaker performers in the US market. It did well worldwide but doesn't hold up domestically to older, non-sequel, Pixar Films like UP or Rat when you take inflation into consideration.

Here are the breakdown of Pixar films takings:

That said, I don't see why they wouldn't do this attraction. Makes a lot more sense to do it for many more reasons than just comparing it's performance at the box office.
That is a fair point, I did not account for inflation in my prior post. Coco comes next to last domestically of the non-sequel Pixar films when adjusted for inflation. It performed 25% less than the adjusted domestic average and almost 18% less than the adjusted domestic median.

That being said, I have my suspicions as to why it comparatively underperformed here, and I don't believe those domestic market forces would have an impact on getting a ride built. Afterall, the #1 and 2 adjusted domestic non-sequel Pixar films are currently only represented by a much-derided show (Monsters Inc Laugh Floor) and a meet-and-greet (Joy and Sadness from Inside Out) at WDW.

Since WDW gets so many international guests, Worldwide gross is still the best proxy for how a Coco ride would be received, esp in World Showcase. Adjusted for inflation, Coco is the #5 non-sequel Pixar film worldwide.

jaxonp

That is a fair point, I did not account for inflation in my prior post. Coco comes next to last domestically of the non-sequel Pixar films when adjusted for inflation. It performed 25% less than the adjusted domestic average and almost 18% less than the adjusted domestic median.

That being said, I have my suspicions as to why it comparatively underperformed here, and I don't believe those domestic market forces would have an impact on getting a ride built. Afterall, the #1 and 2 adjusted domestic non-sequel Pixar films are currently only represented by a much-derided show (Monsters Inc Laugh Floor) and a meet-and-greet (Joy and Sadness from Inside Out) at WDW.

Since WDW gets so many international guests, Worldwide gross is still the best proxy for how a Coco ride would be received, esp in World Showcase. Adjusted for inflation, Coco is the #5 non-sequel Pixar film worldwide.

Well TBH.. what Non-Pixar movie has done well for Disney outside of Frozen, Marvel and SW? Pixar has been the goto IP for many attractions and rightfully so. I would have no problem with Coco in the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom