SPOILERS: The Mandalorian S1 Chapter 2

BasiltheBatLord

I have no idea what’s going on in this series (what was the point of that entire first Sandcrawler sequence?) but I kinda like it. It has a tone unlike anything any other Stat Wars media before it.

erasure fan1

The only thing missing is the force and jedi, but I'm not convinced that it won't happen. Maybe not season 1 but I see them bringing in the force at some point if this is a huge success.
Yea, I'll be that guy and toot my own horn. Yea I knew it. It came a lot earlier than I expected, but that's fine by me. Depending on how this plays out, there are big implications for ep9. I guess they could choose to ignore it, but that would be a mistake in my opinion.

dreday3

I'm just here to say I love this show so far!

I thought the second episode was genius. It took the story sideways and I love it. It felt like I was watching the original Star Wars or Empire Strikes Back. Very little dialogue, but great storytelling.

Oh yeah, bring me the baby yoda plushie, I'm ready to buy it! :D

Tanna Eros

I'm just here to say I love this show so far!

I thought the second episode was genius. It took the story sideways and I love it. It felt like I was watching the original Star Wars or Empire Strikes Back. Very little dialogue, but great storytelling.

Oh yeah, bring me the baby yoda plushie, I'm ready to buy it! :D
I've heard several of my friends, relatives, myself, and several of you posters want one, also. (My house got a little crowded lately with sign up; I'll have to get the D+ couch.)
I watched Ep 2 again over dinner with that man I married- he then checked to see if MiniYoda was out for sale. We haven't found it, yet.

Last edited:

Cosmic Commando

Baby not-Yoda-unless-its-a-clone is the bomb.
They're gonna make back their $4B just in baby Yoda merch. :greedy: Also, it looks fantastic every time it's on screen.
what was the point of that entire first Sandcrawler sequence?
He returned to his ship while the Jawas were stripping it. He tried to blast his way through to get his stuff back.

Tanna Eros

I'm just guessing, but I bet they decided against doing a toy for launch due to how often things get spoiled from toys. The toy process starts SO early, there's almost no chance it doesn't get leaked. But I'd bet it's in production as we speak.
You have a point; and if I saw the product on the shelves, or even on the net as a leak, without seeing it as a character first, I know in my case, I would've given it a 'huh', thinking it was just a cutesified muppet baby Yoda.
When I first saw it in the show, I thought, "Agh, baby monkey! Get it FARRRRR away from me" for I strongly dislike baby monkeys.
The little yodini doesn't act like a baby monkey at all, though, so thus, it's on my collection list.

Wendy Pleakley

Which was then followed by a 10 min or so action/chase sequence which ended with nothing happening.

He tried to get his property back by force, failed, and had to take an alternate approach. This was more interesting, in my opinion, than if he was successful right out of the gate. Flawless characters who can do no wrong aren't interesting.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
He tried to get his property back by force, failed, and had to take an alternate approach. This was more interesting, in my opinion, than if he was successful right out of the gate. Flawless characters who can do no wrong aren't interesting.

Yeah, it showed he wasn't an unstoppable force and he couldn't use force to get whatever he wanted. He also learned to rely on the kindness of strangers. That lesson in empathy is going to pay off as he then has to protect the Yodaling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom