Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

JustInTime

So this may have been discussed here, if so forgive me.

I was told the real reason for the delay with this attraction opening is that Disney tried to use a cheaper manufacturer for the trackless system. They had it installed at Disneyland first and it just didn’t work. WDW had not stated installation yet. So they had to switch the systems to a different manufacturer which made WDW be now ahead of the west coast version of the ride because there was nothing to rip out.

Forgive me, I was asked to not name sources. As always, take with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Monorail_Orange

So this may have been discussed here, if so forgive me.

I was told the real reason for the delay with this attraction opening is that Disney tried to use a cheaper manufacturer for the trackless system. They had it installed at Disneyland first and it just didn’t work. WDW had not stated installation yet. So they had to switch the systems to a different manufacturer which made WDW be now ahead of the west coast version of the ride because there was nothing to rip out.

Forgive me, I was asked to not name sources. As always, take with a grain of salt.
I believe that theory has been advanced and debunked at least twice before in this thread. (I know you qualified your post already, so that probably won't be a surprise.)

Hawkeye_2018

My online sources tell me the construction of this ride was not well planned from the beginning. However, the delays were made worse when Rian Johsnon randomly showed up and started causing all kinds of confusion at the site. Supposedly they had to bring back one of the original designers just to try and ensure this thing meets the deadline.

RobWDW1971

While everyone seems happy with the original ride design. George Lucas recently visited and wants add a bunch of unnecessary animatronics and at least one audible 'Nooo' from Darth Vader.

If that means we get one of the greatest villains of all time vs the emo, non-threatening Kylo Jr., I’m OK if Vader sings “It’s a Small World” as I go by.

And if only DIsney would “Special Edition” the barren, abandoned Batuu with actual wandering droids and creatures, even a walking Jabba, that would awesome. Thanks.

Thelazer

oh come on, we all know the real reason is they are delaying this thing till enough merchandise is shipped over from china for the gift shop.

wityblack

I heard that George Lucas kept muttering something about adding comedy relief, insisting that a newly designed Jar-Jar animatronic is "the key to all of this."

trainplane3

I just went on a ride 2 days ago with an actual capacity of 200/hr (Do-Dodonpa at Fuji-Q). Boy it is frustrating. The line simply does. not. move.

Anyway, when do you reckon would be a good time to visit WDW? After the 50th?
I've heard that while the rides themselves are great, the actual ride operations are miserable. Is that really true?

swge

Nothing has been directly experienced/seen by me. This is a collection of everything I've heard by people directly related to the project. I trust everything I heard/am writing is factual and correct, but you don't have to. I am a messenger. Please do not shoot the messenger.

Everything I know about RotR @ DLR.... part 1

QUEUE

Standby queue is long... nothing has been confirmed but the queue (both inside and outside) is guesstimated to hold about 3 hours of line... more or less.. Extended queue will start at the entrance and take over some of the walkway coming into the land. When that fills up, the line will back into Critter Country in the wide hungry bear walkway... it is expected to reach Splash Mountain. Once in the outside queue, loud radio calls can be heard and guests will get close to a large waterfall. Inside the caves, guests can find many props, costumes, and replicas from the movies. The cave is also etched in a way to create seating while you wait. FP is said to skip all of the outside switchbacks and most of the indoor cave scenes/props. However, FP will NOT miss/skip any pre-shows.

PRE-SHOW 1 (BRIEFING ROOM)

***NOTE: Once you arrive at this point, your wait is *technically* over. the next pre-shows/scenes will follow one after another until your ride ends. This is where the attraction begins and is said to last 15 minutes. The pre-shows shouldn't be compared to ToT or Guardians where you wait in more switchbacks/queue after the show ends.***

Inside the cave, FP and standby guests will arrive at the merge point. They will be funneled into a space where 1 of 2 sets of doors will open towards them (there are 2 preshow rooms). In this preshow, there will be a BB8 animatronic and a "hologram" of Rey. This "hologram" will be achieved using the Peppers Ghost effect. So basically images being reflected against clear class.. but apparently it looks really good. Rey will ask for your help and tell you to board the shuttle (ITS). Poe and BB8 are waiting in an X wing outside and will be alongside you throughout your flight. The doors open into an outside courtyard where you will pass Poe's X wing to your right. BB8 is on top and you will see Poe's silhouette in the drivers seat. In front of you are 2 cast members and the blue shuttle ready for you to board.

PRESHOW 2 (ITS)

You will walk up the ramp and board the main shuttle room. (There are 3 of these rooms that will rotate on a turntable... 1 in the courtyard, 1 in the star destroyer, and 1 "in flight"). The platforms capacity is over 50 guests, but only 48 will be loaded at a time. The room will rotate/move up to the show building once dispatched from an outside console. There are rumored to be *2* characters aboard the ITS. The floor will shake/move but it will overall be a smooth ride. You get sucked into the star destroyer and will see stormtroopers run to line up in their positions. The doors will open and you will see many animatronics already in position.

**NOTE: There is NO alternate experience for the shuttle. If it does not work, the entire attraction simply must go down. You may not skip it and walk into the star destroyer. If you're already inside the star destroyer at the time of the shuttle breakdown, you will proceed and finish the attraction. Anybody before that will not be able to experience the rest of the ride. This rule seems extremely problematic and may change in the future**

STAR DESTROYER/HANGAR

The doors will open and you will walk inside of the SD. To your left, you will see a ride vehicle with a droid in front just there for show purposes. You will be greeted by 2 first order officers and will be rushed into the next hallway. You will not be able to free roam inside of the star destroyer... in fact, you'll only be able to be in the large hangar for a couple seconds before you're moved to the next hallway. Inside the hallway, you'll be grouped into 4 different detention cells, 16 guests maximum in each one.

PRESHOW 3 (DETENTION CELL)

You are now being held captive by the first order and have been locked inside of your detention cell. Inside of the triangular room, you will look up to see Kylo and Hux on a catwalk talking about your captivity. This will be a screen. They plan on keeping you here and will deal with the fate of your existence at a later time. They leave and your group is left in a very solid room with no real way out. Suddenly, a loud and bright laser appears to start traveling across the room, cutting straight through the wall. The laser makes an outline and suddenly the wall aggressively breaks open! The resistance knew about your captivity and was already on a mission to break you out. As you walk through the destroyed cell wall, 2 hacked first order transport vehicles await you in the next room. The boarding process begins.

The end.... for now.

fradz

I've heard that while the rides themselves are great, the actual ride operations are miserable. Is that really true?
Tough to say if it's all on operations or on the rides types themselves. On one hand, in terms of ops:
You have all this system where it's a pay per ride or it's a all rides included ticket, which is assigned to a face scan of you, then there is facial recognition before each station.
You also have these lockers with individual keys and you have to empty EVERYTHING in there before boarding. Yes, even your tissues.

On the other hand, they always have enough people lined up in the boarding station so that they can immediately board, and that goes pretty smoothly.
But look at the S&S 4th dimension coaster (Eejainaka) : you have 3 seatbelts to fasten, the restraints are to be set through your arms (over the shoulders restraints), and all that takes a looong time, even with 4 employees exclusively doing that.
Do-Dodonpa, they have 2 seatbelts, they don't let you lock your restraints yourself, and the launch (I believe) needs to "recharge" the compressed air between each launch so that also takes a while.

I guess they're doing their best with the machines they have, but every major ride has a terrible hourly capacity as a result

Old Mouseketeer

From my Bothan spy contacts, GE West is still working hard on the RotR ride vehicles. I can't specify what they are working on (nothing to do with ADA conversions) but it takes about 6-8 hours (almost a full shift) per car to do what they are doing to them. Still got about 18 cars to go, last I heard.

Did you steal my Bothans? I've been using that tired schtick for a couple of years! Hey--I stole it first!

Movielover

Hey--I stole it first!

1573981828955.png

TP2000

Nothing has been directly experienced/seen by me. This is a collection of everything I've heard by people directly related to the project. I trust everything I heard/am writing is factual and correct, but you don't have to. I am a messenger. Please do not shoot the messenger.

Everything I know about RotR @ DLR.... part 1

QUEUE

Standby queue is long... nothing has been confirmed but the queue (both inside and outside) is guesstimated to hold about 3 hours of line... more or less.. Extended queue will start at the entrance and take over some of the walkway coming into the land. When that fills up, the line will back into Critter Country in the wide hungry bear walkway... it is expected to reach Splash Mountain. Once in the outside queue, loud radio calls can be heard and guests will get close to a large waterfall. Inside the caves, guests can find many props, costumes, and replicas from the movies. The cave is also etched in a way to create seating while you wait. FP is said to skip all of the outside switchbacks and most of the indoor cave scenes/props. However, FP will NOT miss/skip any pre-shows.

PRE-SHOW 1 (BRIEFING ROOM)

***NOTE: Once you arrive at this point, your wait is *technically* over. the next pre-shows/scenes will follow one after another until your ride ends. This is where the attraction begins and is said to last 15 minutes. The pre-shows shouldn't be compared to ToT or Guardians where you wait in more switchbacks/queue after the show ends.***

Inside the cave, FP and standby guests will arrive at the merge point. They will be funneled into a space where 1 of 2 sets of doors will open towards them (there are 2 preshow rooms). In this preshow, there will be a BB8 animatronic and a "hologram" of Rey. This "hologram" will be achieved using the Peppers Ghost effect. So basically images being reflected against clear class.. but apparently it looks really good. Rey will ask for your help and tell you to board the shuttle (ITS). Poe and BB8 are waiting in an X wing outside and will be alongside you throughout your flight. The doors open into an outside courtyard where you will pass Poe's X wing to your right. BB8 is on top and you will see Poe's silhouette in the drivers seat. In front of you are 2 cast members and the blue shuttle ready for you to board.

PRESHOW 2 (ITS)

You will walk up the ramp and board the main shuttle room. (There are 3 of these rooms that will rotate on a turntable... 1 in the courtyard, 1 in the star destroyer, and 1 "in flight"). The platforms capacity is over 50 guests, but only 48 will be loaded at a time. The room will rotate/move up to the show building once dispatched from an outside console. There are rumored to be *2* characters aboard the ITS. The floor will shake/move but it will overall be a smooth ride. You get sucked into the star destroyer and will see stormtroopers run to line up in their positions. The doors will open and you will see many animatronics already in position.

**NOTE: There is NO alternate experience for the shuttle. If it does not work, the entire attraction simply must go down. You may not skip it and walk into the star destroyer. If you're already inside the star destroyer at the time of the shuttle breakdown, you will proceed and finish the attraction. Anybody before that will not be able to experience the rest of the ride. This rule seems extremely problematic and may change in the future**

STAR DESTROYER/HANGAR

The doors will open and you will walk inside of the SD. To your left, you will see a ride vehicle with a droid in front just there for show purposes. You will be greeted by 2 first order officers and will be rushed into the next hallway. You will not be able to free roam inside of the star destroyer... in fact, you'll only be able to be in the large hangar for a couple seconds before you're moved to the next hallway. Inside the hallway, you'll be grouped into 4 different detention cells, 16 guests maximum in each one.

PRESHOW 3 (DETENTION CELL)

You are now being held captive by the first order and have been locked inside of your detention cell. Inside of the triangular room, you will look up to see Kylo and Hux on a catwalk talking about your captivity. This will be a screen. They plan on keeping you here and will deal with the fate of your existence at a later time. They leave and your group is left in a very solid room with no real way out. Suddenly, a loud and bright laser appears to start traveling across the room, cutting straight through the wall. The laser makes an outline and suddenly the wall aggressively breaks open! The resistance knew about your captivity and was already on a mission to break you out. As you walk through the destroyed cell wall, 2 hacked first order transport vehicles await you in the next room. The boarding process begins.

The end.... for now.

Well.... that was extremely helpful. Thank you! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom