Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

Ismael Flores

with all the changes they did to the park to help with bottlenecks and crowding i am really curious how they will address the increase in foot traffic when Mickey Midway Mania opens in the last dead end of the park and possibly one of the worst offenders when parades are running and cutting off the main walkway to that corner of the park.

I still believe they need to consider removing the Fantasyland theater. The theater serves its purpose but does nothing to help in the evenings when it is most needed and no shows are running.

I wonder if they can figure out a gate system that would allow them to keep the needed backstage road that splits the northern area of the park. i guess depending on how much vehicle traffic it gets during the day maybe they can keep it open for guest traffic and create a walking path that connects that northern portion of Fantasyland to Frontierland.

The theater area can then be used for expansion whether an attraction fits there or a smaller enclosed theater.

One thing is certain and that is that toontown will see much more foot traffic when it has two dark rides in that area and eventually something will have to be done. will there also be a future reason to modify Donalds house and create an additional pathway under the berm to help with the flow of guests in and out of toontown?

Disney Analyst

with all the changes they did to the park to help with bottlenecks and crowding i am really curious how they will address the increase in foot traffic when Mickey Midway Mania opens in the last dead end of the park and possibly one of the worst offenders when parades are running and cutting off the main walkway to that corner of the park.

I still believe they need to consider removing the Fantasyland theater. The theater serves its purpose but does nothing to help in the evenings when it is most needed and no shows are running.

I wonder if they can figure out a gate system that would allow them to keep the needed backstage road that splits the northern area of the park. i guess depending on how much vehicle traffic it gets during the day maybe they can keep it open for guest traffic and create a walking path that connects that northern portion of Fantasyland to Frontierland.

The theater area can then be used for expansion whether an attraction fits there or a smaller enclosed theater. View attachment 417409

One thing is certain and that is that toontown will see much more foot traffic when it has two dark rides in that area and eventually something will have to be done. will there also be a future reason to modify Donalds house and create an additional pathway under the berm to help with the flow of guests in and out of toontown?

My question is, are they really going to shutdown this ride each night for fireworks... or will they pull a fantasyland and close it just before and reopen after?

The_Mesh_Hatter

My question is, are they really going to shutdown this ride each night for fireworks... or will they pull a fantasyland and close it just before and reopen after?

The construction is also impacting a lot of the pyro staging area. I’m personally surprised they’re still able to run pyro... it seems possible pyro could be relocated so the fall out area no longer impacts anything in the park.

Disney Analyst

The construction is also impacting a lot of the pyro staging area. I’m personally surprised they’re still able to run pyro... it seems possible pyro could be relocated so the fall out area no longer impacts anything in the park.

I do have to wonder what this means for that area of the park? Building a major e-ticket with the star Disney characters.... I just can't see Toontown closing every night now.

Ismael Flores

i just hope they don't think they can get away with doing all projection shows. until they can figure out how to make the more impressive the weekly shows with no fireworks seem to get old quick.

mickEblu

I’ve said this before but I wonder if they could build an exit out of the land that’s not in the fallout zone. So a large interior queue could have a 1.5 hour + line of people waiting in line while the fireworks are going. So in other words, the land is closed except for people who got into the MMRR queue by say 8:30pm. Then after fireworks they can open the land again as normal.

Sharon&Susan

Perhaps not everyone wants so many toppings. Maybe they would prefer to add their own toppings. I know I would. Anyway, I hope they keep the quick service eateries, if only for legitimacy, for a lack of better words. And anyway, your process seems to be very complicated, especially when you have to wait in lines.

Why is everyone so against simple foods anyway? Again, some people, including small children, are picky eaters.
Some people just don't want to have a good time at Disneyland cafes.

mharrington

Where, though? You would still have to contend with local residents who don't take kindly to the fireworks, either the noise or the fallout.

RescueTheDay

Pyro staging hasn’t been that affected, yet. Once construction gets further along, we might see some issues arise. Everything has been planned out though to keep both going strong.

mickEblu

I'm personally very curious as to how Toon is gonna operate when MMRR opens.. With the land now having an "E Ticket", are they still going to be closing at 8:30pm every night? What will happen w pyro? Are there any solutions available to keep this land open with the rest of the park?

Nobody knows but if you read even just the posts on this page you ll be all caught up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom