Trip Report Two goofs take a Halloween getaway. Now with bonus Christmas content!

Greetings all! We have recently returned from our short but very busy trip to the world. This trip was much needed for both of us, but especially for A, who has had a very difficult last few months. It was so great to get back to our happy place and see that big smile on her face again. We managed to pack in quite a bit in just four days. Now let’s get to it!

Friday October 25.

We had traveled to some friends of ours house the night before to shorten the drive to the airport. We had a 6 AM flight out of Dallas love field. We were out of bed and on the road to the airport by 4, and through security by 445(we love that airport!). The weather was a little iffy this morning, but our flight boarded and took off without delay. We had a very bumpy flight, including the worst takeoff I’ve ever experienced! Fortunately it’s a quick flight, and two hours later we were in sunny central Florida!

E4A032A5-5093-4069-869E-02B0DAC15C6C.jpeg

Getting closer to her happy place!

We made our way over to magical express. It was moderately busy, but we were on a bus as soon as we were scanned in.
E371B41D-87AE-435D-A262-8200BFEABA89.jpeg

We were staying at pop century! We’d never stayed here before, and were excited to try something new. It was absolutely perfect for this trip, as we didn’t spend as much time at the hotel as we do on longer trips. I really liked the new rooms, they’re very clean feeling, and the Murphy bed makes the room feel very spacious when it’s up. It feels a bit cramped with it down, but still not bad. I got the room ready text the second our bus drove under the welcome sign! We were in the 60s section, building 4 room 4268. Basically the perfect room. A short walk to the food court, bus stations, and skyliner! It’s also right at the hippy dippy pool.

We went straight to our room to put our luggage up and get ready for the parks. There was a bus headed to MK waiting for us when we got to the bus stop. Just after we boarded the skies opened up! Fortunately the rain was over by the time we got to magic kingdom. We were through the gates and on Main Street by 1130, just over 6 hours after we started the day. Not too shabby!

1A3CD416-57AC-4DBB-80AE-8CDACC685B53.jpeg

We took a left at the hub and grabbed some spring rolls at the Adventureland cart. We had an order of hamburger spring rolls and an order of pepperoni. They were really good! I didn’t get a picture of them because at this point we were starving!

We headed to sunshine tree terrace for dessert. We shared a Redds Revenge.

486D0B61-6915-4CDB-9379-EBD2FD997884.jpeg

We both liked it, but agreed that the regular orange swirl float was better, as is the classic citrus swirl.

After dessert it was time for our first ride of the trip. Big thunder mountain! It started lightly raining on our ride, but we had a blast as always! The skies were getting darker as we exited big thunder. I was able to move our next FP for splash up, so we hurried over there, hoping the rain would hold up for us.

6C44253D-A909-439D-86BB-F55F8C87D97D.jpeg

We were successful! We were lucky to get on when we did though, because upon our exit of the gift shop the traditional Florida afternoon monsoon had hit!

F33CD289-9D60-4889-A2B3-FCED17647FBD.jpeg

We stood under an awning and watched it rain for about 10 minutes. Eventually we decided to put on our rain ponchos, and make a run for one of my favorite attractions.

AB549433-452E-4670-AD4C-EF359B3FC75C.jpeg

Fun fact time. The voice of Big Al is voiced by Texas native and early country music star Tex Ritter, who grew up not far from where we live. I am related to the Ritter family on my fathers side. This includes deceased actor John Ritter, as well as actors Jason and Tyler Ritter. So basically what I’m saying is that I’m cousins with Big Al!😜

After the show the skies had cleared and the sun was out in full force. It was about 15 minutes before the parade was scheduled to start. We decided to hang around Frontierland and see if the parade would run on time. Unfortunately the announcement came right at 2 that the parade was delayed. No big deal for us! We made a FP for small world that began as soon as we made it over there.
5577C652-C532-4DE8-BA30-23E7A1C76098.jpeg

We used to avoid small world at all costs, because A wasn’t a fan. Fortunately for me, she gave it another chance on our last trip and now it’s one of her favorites! She loves that she finds something new nearly every ride, and has decided the song doesn’t bug her that much anymore! I’ve always been a big fan of the art style, and have always loved the song!

Loco_driver

Original Poster
View attachment 424979

Citrus Swirl > dole whip. There, I said it.

giphy.gif

Did I go too far?
I went too far. I’m sorry. But you went too far first!!!
I like you @Darstarr, but citrus swirl is just better, it’s science!

Note that I DO in fact like dole whip, but I can get dole whip anywhere on earth. I can only get a citrus swirl at sunshine tree terrace at the magic kingdom. Also orange bird is awesome. Therefore, citrus swirl > dole whip. But we can still be friends!

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Monday October 28 cont

After our superior citrus swirl, we ventured over to pirates.

3AED9A6E-F99F-469B-9EBA-62DA7670F886.jpeg

We had the best time while waiting for pirates with the 4 people in front of us. The grandpa kept singing and embarrassing the other three. He eventually turned around and got us involved, so we naturally egged him on!

After pirates we went back over to Tomorrowland for one last trip on CoP. Thought about peoplemover but the line was long and the cars weren’t moving. We had a FP for Little Mermaid so into fantasyland we went.

7B351C73-6A3F-408C-BC94-E59F77C1306F.jpeg

We waved goodbye to Ariel and Eric. By that time A had finally made a decision about which Christmas ornament she wanted, so we stopped back by the Christmas store before heading for the exit.

46CA4EF3-D09C-434C-9291-F8E1DE7354DB.jpeg

See ya real soon MK!

By this point our lack of any real food was catching up to us. We decided to take the boat over to WL for roaring forks, but made a last second audible on the boat and decided on whispering canyon instead.

Despite having stayed at wilderness lodge on multiple occasions, we’d never had a meal at whispering canyon cafe. The restaurant wasn’t busy at all, and we were seated immediately. Our servers name was Akira. She did a really nice job of being sassy. She only had two tables at the time, so we were subject to her wrath quite often!

470CC390-96B8-4978-BAC1-F52EA33C4384.jpeg

I had burnt end nachos. I thought they were every bit as good as they looked, and very filling! It’s listed as an appetizer, but makes a pretty good lunch!

4D847855-89BE-4CBB-9304-B4766B241063.jpeg

A ordered the brisket sandwich. She said she really enjoyed it.

I was super thirsty from being at the park all morning and had quickly downed two glasses of ice water. Waitress Akira had a solution for me!

F24BCE80-0F4C-41A5-ABA3-2B36EB85A4C1.jpeg

This gigantic jar! Always up for a challenge, I downed it by the end of the meal.

0A661946-1947-4DEB-8F48-886D6B98F138.jpeg

I was rewarded with a free fastpass!

We really enjoyed our meal here. Our service was excellent, the food was good, and honestly the price for lunch was actually less than many QS meals with our AP discount. We will be making this a regular stop for lunch on our MK days now!

Unfortunately our time to board the tragical express was rapidly approaching. We bid the lodge farewell and took a Lyft back to pop to retrieve our luggage.

98868256-2BB6-42D1-9712-E8A801B49998.jpeg

The one bus that’s always on time.

Our flight home took off on time with no issues. We had the front row all to ourselves so we got to really stretch out on the flight, which was nice.

We once again had a fantastic trip and can’t wait to go back in December for the holidays! Thanks to all of you who have been following along and taking time out of your busy lives to read about our adventures. See ya next time!

krisri18

Monday October 28 cont

After our superior citrus swirl, we ventured over to pirates.

View attachment 425471
We had the best time while waiting for pirates with the 4 people in front of us. The grandpa kept singing and embarrassing the other three. He eventually turned around and got us involved, so we naturally egged him on!

After pirates we went back over to Tomorrowland for one last trip on CoP. Thought about peoplemover but the line was long and the cars weren’t moving. We had a FP for Little Mermaid so into fantasyland we went.

View attachment 425473
We waved goodbye to Ariel and Eric. By that time A had finally made a decision about which Christmas ornament she wanted, so we stopped back by the Christmas store before heading for the exit.

View attachment 425472
See ya real soon MK!

By this point our lack of any real food was catching up to us. We decided to take the boat over to WL for roaring forks, but made a last second audible on the boat and decided on whispering canyon instead.

Despite having stayed at wilderness lodge on multiple occasions, we’d never had a meal at whispering canyon cafe. The restaurant wasn’t busy at all, and we were seated immediately. Our servers name was Akira. She did a really nice job of being sassy. She only had two tables at the time, so we were subject to her wrath quite often!

View attachment 425474
I had burnt end nachos. I thought they were every bit as good as they looked, and very filling! It’s listed as an appetizer, but makes a pretty good lunch!

View attachment 425475
A ordered the brisket sandwich. She said she really enjoyed it.

I was super thirsty from being at the park all morning and had quickly downed two glasses of ice water. Waitress Akira had a solution for me!

View attachment 425476
This gigantic jar! Always up for a challenge, I downed it by the end of the meal.

View attachment 425477
I was rewarded with a free fastpass!

We really enjoyed our meal here. Our service was excellent, the food was good, and honestly the price for lunch was actually less than many QS meals with our AP discount. We will be making this a regular stop for lunch on our MK days now!

Unfortunately our time to board the tragical express was rapidly approaching. We bid the lodge farewell and took a Lyft back to pop to retrieve our luggage.

View attachment 425478
The one bus that’s always on time.

Our flight home took off on time with no issues. We had the front row all to ourselves so we got to really stretch out on the flight, which was nice.

We once again had a fantastic trip and can’t wait to go back in December for the holidays! Thanks to all of you who have been following along and taking time out of your busy lives to read about our adventures. See ya next time!
Love Akira! She was fantastic on our August visit to the Canyon! Thanks for sharing your trip, loved it!

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Love Akira! She was fantastic on our August visit to the Canyon! Thanks for sharing your trip, loved it!
Akira was so nice and hilarious! Hope we get her again some day! Thank you for following along!
Happy to see that you and A had a lot of fun on this trip, this was such an enjoyable read.
Great TR, thank you for sharing it with us! 😊
Thanks for reading Nunu! Who knows, maybe we’ll get to meet up with you and Frank on batuu in a few weeks!
As I started reading this morning I forgot that this was your last day :confused:. But thanks for sharing your fun trip 🙂
Thanks for following along, I’m glad you enjoyed it!
Oh no it's over :cry: Thanks for sharing your vacation with all of us!
I’m always sad at the end of a trip, but this one wasn’t so bad since we’ll be back so soon. Thanks for following along!

Ears to Disney

Just binge read the whole TR! Thank you for sharing your adventures! SWGE is just amazing...a feat of Imagineer genius!

So basically what I’m saying is that I’m cousins with Big Al!😜

AMAZING!! Can I have your autograph? Big Al is my favorite!! :hilarious:

F24BCE80-0F4C-41A5-ABA3-2B36EB85A4C1.jpeg

This gigantic jar! Always up for a challenge, I downed it by the end of the meal

We got this filled with Coke last year...needless to say, we couldn't finish it! Thank goodness for that Outhouse FP!

Dave B

I
It’s a big problem here for sure. People will breed dogs for hunting, and if they can’t prove themselves to be good hunting dogs, people will simply abandon them instead of finding them a good home. People also will let their dogs run around free, without spaying or neutering. We always encourage our friends and family to adopt a shelter dog instead of buying a dog.
May I ask, what you do with the dogs when you go to WDW, do you get someone to come house/dog sit, or do you kennel them, we are having difficulties with our three dogs and what to do when we go, this last time mother in law stayed at the house with them, but not sure we can do that every time.

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Admit it. You were drawn to Whispering Canyon subliminally after reading my 3 (count ‘em 3!) praiseworthy reviews of the Burnt Ends Nachos.

😉 🤣
Oh I really meant to mention that on my post! Yes the thought of your review of those nachos crossed my mind while on the boat. Thanks for the tip! Side note: our next trip is at grand Floridian, I’ve been taking notes from you on how to score the “million dollar view”! 🤣 🤣🤣
I had so much fun living vicariously through you - thanks for sharing your adventures!
Thank you for following. I’m glad you enjoyed them! I’m looking forward to your Christmas adventures!
Just binge read the whole TR! Thank you for sharing your adventures! SWGE is just amazing...a feat of Imagineer genius!

AMAZING!! Can I have your autograph? Big Al is my favorite!! :hilarious:

We got this filled with Coke last year...needless to say, we couldn't finish it! Thank goodness for that Outhouse FP!
Thanks for reading! Yes of course if you ever see me in the parks I’ll be glad to give you an autograph! It’ll have the same monetary value as my bathroom fastpass!(which I quickly had to make use of that day!) I’m enjoying you latest TR as well, hoping for another update soon!
Isn't that the truth:cry:

Great TR!! Have fun in December!!
Glad to have you follow along. Hope you had a great trip. I can’t wait to read all about it!
May I ask, what you do with the dogs when you go to WDW, do you get someone to come house/dog sit, or do you kennel them, we are having difficulties with our three dogs and what to do when we go, this last time mother in law stayed at the house with them, but not sure we can do that every time.
Fortunately my mother in law lives less than 5 minutes from us so she comes over and takes care of them. If the weather is nice the big dogs will stay out in the yard during the day, and she’ll come feed them and put them inside for the night(or of it rains, or gets too hot or cold). The small jack Russell stays with her at her house when we’re gone. There’s a really great doggie “day spa” that we can board them at too, but they are always much happier to just stay at home.
That'd be fun! 😀
I’ll try to remember to send you a PM when we get there. We’ll be at HS on the 6th, epcot the 7th, and AK/MK the 8th and 9th tentatively.

Last edited:

Loco_driver

Original Poster
Once again a fun TR! Another trip coming up in less than a month? Wow, love it and can't wait to binge read again. Makes our Minnesota winters go by quickly.
Glad you enjoyed! I do not envy you guys during the winter! It’s been unseasonably cold here for early November with highs in the low 40s And lots of rain. To see how most people around here are dressed, one would think we’re having subzero temps! I guess to be fair we did endure a pretty brutal end of summer, so the cool weather is a shock to the system for sure!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom