Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

ifuhadreams

** I WAS WRONG ** - I will take the walk of shame and admit I was wrong about the AT-AT heads.
They do, in fact, not move as I was told. This coming from a second source who has ridden at least 10x so far.
In sort of fairness to my original source, they hadn't actually ridden the ride. They're in the show building, but hadn't ridden it.
Overall what is the impression of the ride experience from your source that has ridden 10X? If the light saber effect was cheesy, are there other parts that are also cheesy that we were looking forward to?

SWGalaxysEdge

Overall what is the impression of the ride experience from your source that has ridden 10X? If the light saber effect was cheesy, are there other parts that are also cheesy that we were looking forward to?

I'll ask but they did say the AT-AT part was quick and the Stormtroopers shooting at you, they said this...

(sic) "There are “screens” of storm troopers in the AT-Ats. Depending which elevator you go up you get a different screen / view. So in one elevator you’ll see the guns point at you and shoot. And in the other you’ll see the stormtroopers in the elavator rushing to track you down. "

wityblack

All of the promo showed the AT-AT's heads moving. I always assumed they wouldn't because it seemed like they welded the entire body a couple years back. It's a bummer that they won't move though, especially when they made it move in the promotional material.

Bender123

All of the promo showed the AT-AT's heads moving. I always assumed they wouldn't because it seemed like they welded the entire body a couple years back. It's a bummer that they won't move though, especially when they made it move in the promotional material.

Disney overselling their attractions? No way!!! Im always mad that Mickey isn't just waiting for me as I enter the park.

Honestly, though, being welded in doesn't really mean much, as they very well could have welded them in while building the mechanism for movement from the inside out before removing the welds. It happens in many other situations, so the welds weren't necessarily a confirmation without having access to the buildout plans for that specific element.

choco choco

Just heard rumor rumblings that some Imagineers have started being considered to temporarily xfer to Paris for their RotR build.
Nothing confirmed and strictly supposed to be considered "rumor" but the talking is there. Target opening in 2024/2025 so obviously its just talking now. I guess they are seeing who is willing so they can build up their team.

How do temporary transfers work? Do Imagineers get all lodging and expenses paid for four years or is it just relocation plus some salary increase to make it worthwhile? If it's like a chance to live for free in Paris for a couple years, it seems like a good deal.

RSoxNo1

** I WAS WRONG ** - I will take the walk of shame and admit I was wrong about the AT-AT heads.
They do, in fact, not move as I was told. This coming from a second source who has ridden at least 10x so far.
In sort of fairness to my original source, they hadn't actually ridden the ride. They're in the show building, but hadn't ridden it.
What about the West World storm troopers? Is there movement in all of them?

wityblack

1573605936539.png

This looks like John Boyega. Is he gonna be an animatronic in Rise?

matt9112

Veryyyy broad strokes.

I didn’t even think about how it makes no sense in the immersive™️ land that stormtroopers are walking by the falcon, too dumb to realize the Resistance is basically that ship.

Well it was that ship new trailer shows some magical fleet led by the falcon that magically showed up. I think it's more so they know falcon is suspicious but there here with kylo directly looking for the spy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom