Got Disney + ? What was the FIRST thing you chose to watch?

MickeyMouse10

I'm glad someone else saw it as a spaghetti western. I didn't want to play any Star Wars, at this point, I was over it, but... Werner Herzog.
I was really happy with it, and want the next episode NOW. I didn't think I'd like it, but it's good.
I don't know what that founder's circle business is, either, but if I'm part of it, it can't be much.

Yep, it's just Disney saying it loves us. If they send me a robe and tell me to kill my parents then I'm out. ... But I'm sure they won't.

Last edited:

mikeximus

I'm glad someone else saw it as a spaghetti western. I didn't want to play any Star Wars, at this point, I was over it, but... Werner Herzog.
I was really happy with it, and want the next episode NOW. I didn't think I'd like it, but it's good.
I don't know what that founder's circle business is, either, but if I'm part of it, it can't be much.

I'm a huge fan of Star Wars, well the OT and PT anyway... I have not been a fan of Disney Star Wars. To date Rogue One was my favorite by leaps and bounds. However, I watched The Mandalorian, and I was very intrigued.. I'm not all in yet, but I am very intrigued with it. Clunker spot with the Mando trying to ride the Blurg, but, all and all I was surprisingly happy with the first episode so far...

Tanna Eros

I'm a huge fan of Star Wars, well the OT and PT anyway... I have not been a fan of Disney Star Wars. To date Rogue One was my favorite by leaps and bounds. However, I watched The Mandalorian, and I was very intrigued.. I'm not all in yet, but I am very intrigued with it. Clunker spot with the Mando trying to ride the Blurg, but, all and all I was surprisingly happy with the first episode so far...
The animation of the two riding stuck out to me, and then I thought, this isn't Lawrence on a camel, there's probably going to be a weird gait, the blurg was two legged, like an ostrich.

mikeximus

The animation of the two riding stuck out to me, and then I thought, this isn't Lawrence on a camel, there's probably going to be a weird gait, the blurg was two legged, like an ostrich.

Yeah, it did seem strange.

The whole scene with the Mando trying to figure out how to ride the creature felt too clunky and ham-fisted in. It felt like the scene was just there so we could hear that the Mandalorians rode Mythosaurs... It didn't make much sense in that if the Mandalorian knew how to calm a creature down so he could ride it, why didn't he do that from the start? Just felt like filler time..

Still overall happy with the first show. Hopefully they continue to surprise me...

jt04

So we got Disney + just because we have a need, have a passion for Disney movies old and new. Since we are going on our next trip in May we now have all the Disney movies at our fingertips to watch as the days count down. I scrolled through the choices, was tempted to dive into Mandalorian but just couldnt help but bring up for nostalgia sake.... The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr Toad which I had to see. So what was your first choice to watch?

Mandalorian of course. 👍

Tanna Eros

Yeah, it did seem strange.

The whole scene with the Mando trying to figure out how to ride the creature felt too clunky and ham-fisted in. It felt like the scene was just there so we could hear that the Mandalorians rode Mythosaurs... It didn't make much sense in that if the Mandalorian knew how to calm a creature down so he could ride it, why didn't he do that from the start? Just felt like filler time..

Still overall happy with the first show. Hopefully they continue to surprise me...
I thought it was an arc of character development- he didn't thumb his nose and hail a cab, he gave it a shot. He's up for learning new things, even though it may break his buttbone.
The fact that he heard of his ancestors (being a foundling, I'm not sure how much he knows about his real ancestors) rode the mythos monsters, only spurred him to give it another shot.

tribbleorlfl

Tron Legacy, because it's such an underrated film and I'm hoping the more views it gets on D+, the more it will convince them to finally do Tron 3 ( even as a D+ original). With Disney taking a hiatus on Star Wars films, Tron could fit nicely into the gap. Plus, it will have the coaster at MK to cross promote with.

Princess Leia

I had three people ask me Wednesday if I had watched Mandalorian. As I am in the middle of a community musical theatre production and it’s tech week, I said no.

First date of the musical was tonight, as soon as I got home I watched the first episode (planning to watch the second tomorrow). It reminded me of Firefly a little (space western), and I’m pumped to see where it goes.

Followed Mandalorian with about half of the original Dumbo, the image quality looks incredible!

jt04

Such a great start to this new live action streaming content. Chapter 2 is well crafted and definitely leaves you wanting more. Very Star Wars. 😊

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom