Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

Slpy3270

From Variety:

Industry sources told Variety that the Disney Plus problems are not related to the video-streaming infrastructure, which Disney is handing off to content-delivery network providers like Akamai Technologies.

Rather, the problems appear rooted in Disney Plus’ authentication systems, which handle the process of verifying users are valid subscribers with Disney’s own apps and third-party devices. If the authentication piece of the software stack was overloaded with requests, as may have been the case, that would have led to the problems users reported having logging in.

[...]

Nevertheless, Disney compounded the technical problems by evidently being woefully unprepared to handle the calls from frustrated Disney Plus users — and then issuing the statement that high demand caused the issues in the first place. “It’s not an excuse to say, ‘Too many people tried to access the service.’ That’s bull PR,” said Abinash Tripathy, founder of Helpshift, a San Francisco-based customer-service platform startup. “The reality is their technology is probably poorly implemented.”

Problems people had accessing Disney Plus created “a dog-pile situation” leading to long waits for customer service and support. “What you’re seeing is a massive, traditional media company just not being prepared for this,” Tripathy said.

Beacon Joe

- Walt Disney's Disneyland TV show
- True Life Adventures (I see some, such as Living Desert and The African Lion)
- Zorro (I only see The Sign of Zorro)
- Swamp Fox
- Mouseterpiece Theatre
- Unabridged classic Mickey cartoons
- Any Oswald cartoons
- The original Duck Tales (I see seasons 1-3)
- Victory through Air Power
- Follow Me, Boys
- Make Mine Magic
- Reluctant Dragon (Yes)
- The Three Caballeros or Saludos Amigos (Yes)
- Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (Yes)
- Davy Crockett (I only see King of the Wild Frontier and River Pirates)
- Light in the Forest
- Swiss Family Robinson (Yes, 1940 and 1960)
- Song of the South
- etc (Yes)

Keep in mind that just because it isn't there on day one, doesn't mean that it may not be added in the future.

Thanks for checking. I'm disappointed the WWII films aren't on the platform.

Are the classic cartoons, Merrie Melodies (LOL slight brain fart there, very embarrassing), etc, really not on the platform? :confused: If not, what's the point?

Schema

Thanks for checking. I'm disappointed the WWII films aren't on the platform.

Are the classic cartoons, Merrie Melodies (LOL slight brain fart there, very embarrassing), etc, really not on the platform? :confused: If not, what's the point?

I'm not sure what you are looking for specifically, but there are lots of older cartoons, such as Flowers and Trees, The Pied Piper, The Goddess of Spring, Clock Cleaners, Boat Builders, The Ugly Duckling, The Art of Skiing, Fun and Fancy Free, Pluto's Sweater, Pluto and the Gopher, etc. etc.

seascape

The most significant thing cut from broadcasts, I think, was the second verse of Edelweiss.
I love the high quality sound and picture. They did a great job. I am going to spend the full 3 years of my discounted D23 membership just watching all the old shows and movies. Disney Plus is a bargain and will blow away the projected numbers of subscribers. I expect 90 million worldwide by the end of 2020.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
So, after opening hours problems, looks like they're getting a handle on it. This comports with my experience that at around 1 PM ET, things started working normally.

1573603936275.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom