Is this the new standard and am I the only one who sees it?

HongKongFu

In my rush to post I forgot to spell check lol

Fair enough......

I wasn't sure if it was a true wrong spell or sheer misuse of the phrase.

How many times have I read on this place:

"I could care less."

"If you think I am going to allow that, then you have another THING coming."

And of course these little beauties(Thanks, Patrick) :
"Look over their."
"Your being rude"
"To many guests clog up the pathways."

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Fair enough......

"I could care less."

"Look over their."
"Your being rude"
lol I can assure you it was just a spelling mistake.

Goofyernmost

and just because I am in the mood to be a smart @ss and embarrass you beyond belief https://www.healthline.com/health/yawning-excessive read em and weep
Wow, am I embarrassed. No wait.. I'm not. What you cited was one of many theories on yawning. What it says is that it happens. Well, duh, we already know that. There are many factors that have been stated as verification that yawning does exist and some of the triggers that may connect with it. What they don't know for certain is WHY it happens and what it achieves. If we are tired, sure. If we are bored, sure again but that wasn't what I said. I said they don't know what causes it. Yawning is a symptom of something and they are not absolutely sure about any specific benefit it serves when it actually happens.

Here's another "random" web search that spells out some of the problems that may connected to yawning. Not why it happens, just that it happened. Sorry to disappoint you.

Marne-la-Vallée

You're not the only one. During my last visit I concluded halfway that cast member morale is at a absolute low point at Walt Disney World.

I'm used to the service levels at Disneyland Paris, which are notoriously low. EuroDisney is struggling with finding decent people for years. You can see it all over the French resort: no motivation amongst staff, rude staff, bad hygiene, refusing to even speak English.

Now, I've been recognizing this kind of behaviour in Orlando. It wasn't there a few years back, but it is now. It was a shock during my visit last october. We saw so many cast members staring soulless in the distance. I got shouted at by a PhotoPass guy in Main Street for being in his picture. I overheard cm's complaining about hours and work pressure.

I still love the parks, but this is going downhill fast.

Lilofan

You're not the only one. During my last visit I concluded halfway that cast member morale is at a absolute low point at Walt Disney World.

I'm used to the service levels at Disneyland Paris, which are notoriously low. EuroDisney is struggling with finding decent people for years. You can see it all over the French resort: no motivation amongst staff, rude staff, bad hygiene, refusing to even speak English.

Now, I've been recognizing this kind of behaviour in Orlando. It wasn't there a few years back, but it is now. It was a shock during my visit last october. We saw so many cast members staring soulless in the distance. I got shouted at by a PhotoPass guy in Main Street for being in his picture. I overheard cm's complaining about hours and work pressure.

I still love the parks, but this is going downhill fast.
Agreed. Some non USA residents I know think it's odd I shower 1-2x a day. Where I have seen and smelled in the air in my outside USA travels that some people don't bathe regularly much less even put on deodorant. And when you try to mask the stink with perfume, it just makes it worse. Rude staff I encounter at times if they see that I am a tourist from the USA.

phillip9698

I've found that there isn't any less work ethic in employees in 2019 than in past times. If in 1980 the park was filled with college program CMs with access to watch phones you would have had the same issues then that you are seeing now. I remember an old manager who worked for me complained that when he worked the floor his crew would have never been found using their cell phone during work, when we all realized he was talking about 1991 it turned into comedy hour as everyone was trying to get their jokes in.

But anyway point being as times change management has to change too. If Apple watches are becoming a problem they need to be banned, we banned them at my job. Hire more secret shoppers or whatever Disney uses to monitor CMs to keep them on their toes. Manage to 2019 not to 1993.

Conno

Original Poster
Wow, yea, I am not on the same page as most folks. At a low pay job where customer safety is not a concern, I could care less if a staffer uses their cell phones a little while between customers.

I don't disagree with any of your post (only quoted a little to keep it brief), if I worked at Disney on minimum wage, I think I'd feel much the same way. However, this doesn't detract from the expectations that Disney has given us, and as consumers paying a lot of money, we expect their cast members to keep up that level of quality and service.

As someone said a few pages back, people move from around the world just to work at Walt Disney World -- these people obviously turn up with a desire to keep making this magic and keep the level or serivce at an all time high - but you're right, it's probably lost along the way due to poor working conditions and poor pay. Ultimartely though - this isn't my problem. It's Disney's. It's one they need to fix - because I'm now part of that crowd that says: 'enough is enough, you've lost my recurring visits'

Conno

Original Poster
Did you expect everyone to meet all your expectations for 19 days?

Obviously not. The problem is these issues are now prolific. We've all had the odd complaint about a CM who wasn't magical for whatever reason. I've often heard people joke that those who work in Universal Parks just didn't make the cut for Disney -- now they just appear to be on par with each other.

Conno

Original Poster

Yep, I've done DLP twice - wouldn't visit there again either, service was truly horrific. Near the Pirate of the Caribbean ride, there's a bunch of caves you can walk through - in one of the corners just outside, there's 20-30 cigarette butts, I let a CM know for 3 consecutive days, on my fourth and final day - they were still there :D -- posted it on twitter w/ a picture and tagged DLP - and some how the tweet was magically removed /deleted 3 times

JIMINYCR

Wow, am I embarrassed. No wait.. I'm not. What you cited was one of many theories on yawning. What it says is that it happens. Well, duh, we already know that. There are many factors that have been stated as verification that yawning does exist and some of the triggers that may connect with it. What they don't know for certain is WHY it happens and what it achieves. If we are tired, sure. If we are bored, sure again but that wasn't what I said. I said they don't know what causes it. Yawning is a symptom of something and they are not absolutely sure about any specific benefit it serves when it actually happens.

Here's another "random" web search that spells out some of the problems that may connected to yawning. Not why it happens, just that it happened. Sorry to disappoint you.

Now look what you guys made me do....

giphy.gif

Victor Kelly

All the flaws are management issues. Every single one of them. I am sure there are decent managers there, because law of averages pretty much says so. But we are seeing Disney lower their standards of appearance so who know what they are doing.

I had to ban cell phones where I used to work. People were always on them non-stop while others busted their butts working. Once people got the picture, they were allowed back on the floor. The workers then policed each other.

Victaman

Fair enough......

"I could care less."

"Look over their."
"Your being rude"

I'm going to go ahead and admit that I've always thought it was "another thing coming". So, thank you, I've learned something new today. :)

HongKongFu

I'm going to go ahead and admit that I've always thought it was "another thing coming". So, thank you, I've learned something new today. :)

Haha you're welcome

There are many, dare I say even a majority, that use "thing".........

Years back, early 1980's, there was a Judas Priest hard rock song that was very well known for its day. The song "You've got another thing comin" taught me the wrong way for a few years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom