Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Bocabear

Stitch gets a bad wrap. Most underrated attraction
because it is a terrible, poorly written show shoehorned into the place of a well designed, well written show...
Hard to dumb down something and then wonder why people don't love it...
Perhaps if they had purpose built an attraction for Stitch it would have been better received... This is 2 attractions now for stitch that Disney has just shoehorned him into an existing attraction...If they feel the IP is popular, I would think they would create something amazing for him...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
because it is a terrible, poorly written show shoehorned into the place of a well designed, well written show...
Hard to dumb down something and then wonder why people don't love it...
Perhaps if they had purpose built an attraction for Stitch it would have been better received... This is 2 attractions now for stitch that Disney has just shoehorned him into an existing attraction...If they feel the IP is popular, I would think they would create something amazing for him...
I don’t get the appeal of Stitch. IMHO just let him go. There’s plenty more stuff deserving a unique ride.

I actually loved Alien Encounter. It was a well done scare ride. The use of sounds and other physical effects in the pitch dark made it pretty damn scary even for full grown adults. For a small footprint the “ride” packed a unique punch, like a 4D movie on crack. Maybe they should just return it to the old AE version and add a bar somewhere. A true adults area in MK :)

999th Happy Haunt

I don’t get the appeal of Stitch. IMHO just let him go. There’s plenty more stuff deserving a unique ride.

I actually loved Alien Encounter. It was a well done scare ride. The use of sounds and other physical effects in the pitch dark made it pretty damn scary even for full grown adults. For a small footprint the “ride” packed a unique punch, like a 4D movie on crack. Maybe they should just return it to the old AE version and add a bar somewhere. A true adults area in MK :)
Watch the bar outperform Oga’s

Hotamber

It will most likely be the new line and load for the people mover. The current WDW is not going to pass up having a popular high capacity ride exit into an expanded giftshop. My guess would be that they add fastpass and a ride photo. If Monsters Inc has FP why not people mover. Plus outdoor food carts could take up the old outdoor people mover line. The current people mover line has been blocking the middle of the land when it's long

Steph15251

It will most likely be the new line and load for the people mover. The current WDW is not going to pass up having a popular high capacity ride exit into an expanded giftshop. My guess would be that they add fastpass and a ride photo. If Monsters Inc has FP why not people mover. Plus outdoor food carts could take up the old outdoor people mover line. The current people mover line has been blocking the middle of the land when it's long
For some reason I do not see them doing that.

Ok, so we know stitch is dead. When is Disney gonna swoop in and tell us it's all gonna be good when there's a better attraction there. It feels like they're just leaving stuff abandoned left and right.

KimAnnFran

Ok, so we know stitch is dead. When is Disney gonna swoop in and tell us it's all gonna be good when there's a better attraction there. It feels like they're just leaving stuff abandoned left and right.
Actually, the Alien Encounter was not all that bad. It was totally preferable. Why not bring that back? Of course not though, you guys are right, things seem to be likely left for dead.

In general, I like the parks better without every single attraction being connected to a Disney movie.

Rich Brownn

Actually, the Alien Encounter was not all that bad. It was totally preferable. Why not bring that back? Of course not though, you guys are right, things seem to be likely left for dead.

In general, I like the parks better without every single attraction being connected to a Disney movie.
The problem is, unlike Disneyland, our Magic Kingdom has a reputation for being the "kiddie park" nowadays, so attractions the kids can get into that are scary are a no-no.

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Would they finally add an elevator instead of those awkward moving ramps? :p

GoofGoof

Premium Member

I will second that idea. :)
The problem is, unlike Disneyland, our Magic Kingdom has a reputation for being the "kiddie park" nowadays, so attractions the kids can get into that are scary are a no-no.
I agree with you but in this case it’s just an empty building at this point anyway. It’s not like they would be taking away a kid friendly favorite for something too frightening for toddlers.

Rich Brownn

I will second that idea. :)

I agree with you but in this case it’s just an empty building at this point anyway. It’s not like they would be taking away a kid friendly favorite for something too frightening for toddlers.
It doesn't matter. The original went bye-bye because of the amount of complaints it generated. There's nothing to indicate that would change now.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I think what made 94 Tomorrowland so successful is the cohesive story/"sci fi city" ala Eddie Soto (was he the imagineer in charge?)

It was so thoroughly convincing to me as a kid; I would see the posters along the queue for The Timekeeper for conventions in space and wondered why I couldn't go.
OKAY SAME! Remember how the TTA was the “Blue Line” and there were also the “Red Line” and “Green Line”? I wanted to seek out these “other” peoplemovers that apparently went to these “other” Tomorrowland-ish places SO BADLY!!

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

I wonder if Tomorrowland is attempting to segregate itself from the rest of MK's "kiddie park persona" with the inclusion of Tron and a return to it's 1970s nostalgia. The closure of Stitch, the low guest satisfaction of Monsters, IMO are all indications or possible precursors to what will be a massive overhaul on the horizon. Who knows? Maybe Tomorrowland will see the return of A.E. in time. If they're shifting to a more adult/teen oriented land "Alien Encounter" would certainly fit the bill.

It'll be interesting to see what changes come to Tomorrowland in the next couple of years.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

I’m really surprised they didn’t have a replacement ready for the 50th

If nothing else, I hope they do mission to Mars again for the 50th. I know it’s not likely but at least it would be something and it would be pretty cheap since the theatre still exists in the same basic set up.

If it sits empty for the 50th that will be really sad.

Donaldfan1934

I wonder if Tomorrowland is attempting to segregated itself from the rest of MK's "kiddie park" persona with the inclusion of Tron and a return to it's 1970s nostalgia. The closure of Stitch, the low guest satisfaction of Monsters, IMO are all indications or possible precursors to what will be a massive overhaul on the horizon. Who knows? Maybe Tomorrowland will see the return of A.E. in time. If they're shifting to a more adult/teen oriented land Alien Encounter would certainly fit the bill.

It'll be interesting to see what changes come to Tomorrowland in the next couple of years.
While a massive overhaul may be on the horizon, I can guarantee the chances you see the return of A.E. are less than zero. Even if the changes to coming Tomorrowland make it have less of what you call the MK’s “kiddie park” persona, there’s no way Disney is going to take things that far in the MK ever again. The best you can hope for Disney creating an experience of similar intensity again would probably be at DHS.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It doesn't matter. The original went bye-bye because of the amount of complaints it generated. There's nothing to indicate that would change now.
While a massive overhaul may be on the horizon, I can guarantee the chances you see the return of A.E. are less than zero. Even if the changes to coming Tomorrowland make it have less of what you call the MK’s “kiddie park” persona, there’s no way Disney is going to take things that far in the MK ever again. The best you can hope for Disney creating an experience of similar intensity again would probably be at DHS.
I agree with you guys that it’s not coming back. I still think it would be cool if it did, but not my call.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom