Trip Report Riffraff, Street Rat...No one appreciates I'm broke.

What a great trip!

We arrived October 19th and left on the 24th. It was another stay at a Value, which I keep saying is my last time at a Value but with these yearly trips instead of every other year that's what is in the budget. This was a last minute (well 65 days is last minute for Disney) mother and other daughter trip (in case you read my mother daughter report from last year) , so we raided the coin jars, searched the couch cushions, stole money out of my husbands wallet and made it happen. We hit each park for one day each and had an evening at Disney Springs. I didn't take notes and I only have my photos as a guide for this report so we better get on with the details before I forget everything.

Trip takers for this one: Me & E. Sorry but the all pictures of us look just like this.

IMG_1302.JPG

Saturday, October 19th:

E drove to my house the night before since we had a morning flight. We got up around 4:45 am and was on the road by 5:20. The ride to the airport is a tad bit over two hours so we made a pit stop. I've added this since we crazy Disney people seem to like bathroom, light fixtures and food pictures.
IMG_1072.JPG

Everything went smooth at the airport, as proof here is the obligatory airport photo. She has no idea how many photos are in her future.
ILYW4489.JPG

When we arrived at ME it was the most crowded I've had to deal with. I guess I've been lucky in the past. We waited awhile but then had our own bus to the resort. Which is good because sharing a bus sucks 85% of the time.

IMG_1078.JPG

E commented several times that our driver was in the video but I missed it every time due to gawking out the windows. I didn't have cash on me to tip the driver. I always feel like a schmuck when I don't tip the bus driver from MDE. Why? I don't know. I don't tip the maid. I digress

IMG_1079.JPG

We arrived at POP and I hadn't received a room ready text so off we go to the front desk and wait our turn. The oddest CM I've ever dealt with helped us. He was young and in my opinion trying to impress/badly flirt with E. I previously requested a room in building 6 facing the water, I wanted close to the skyliner, we got building 3. It was the next building over and wasn't bad. E was celebrating college graduation and on her celebrating pin he wrote Navigator since he said she was in charge of the room map. Both confused and ready to run we headed to our room.

IMG_1080.JPG

IMG_1081.JPG

We put both beds down and there was still plenty of room for both of us to walk around.

With stomachs rumbling we headed for the bus stop to Disney Springs

IMG_1082.JPG

Here's the - I just arrived at Disney face -
IMG_1084.JPG

And the - try not to look like an idiot and just be cool face -
IMG_1085.JPG

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Whoo Hoo! Animal Kingdom day! I know for some Animal Kingdom isn't their favorite but I love it. I also don't understand how it could be a half day park. Now I don't need to stay from open to close but there is no way I could get everything done in 5-6 hours. We didn't get to do everything I wanted with a full day.

With that said I don't feel the need to do the EMH since we had a FOP FP but I was letting E make most of the choices and happily so. It was fun to watch her get excited for things. So we're up early again and we arrived right around 7am. She hasn't seen Pandora but I let her know how popular FOP was and we could head there first to gage the crowds and decide what to do from there. They must've opened the park a tad early. As we enter Pandora FOP is listed at 60 wait. E thinks it's crazy to wait at 7am. I explained that I don't think it's really at 60 minutes already but she's skeptical. I told her I think she's think it was worth it......

IMG_1292.JPG

This is where we head instead, we both like Nav'i and it is a walk on which makes E happy.

IMG_1289.JPG

This did not make me happy. If your going to be rude I guess go balls out and make sure your screen is at it's brightest. This pic is for you @riverside (since I tell you to take pics of obnoxious people)

IMG_1291.JPG

After leaving Nav'i I tell E that FOP still says 60 minutes. "Are you sure you don't want to ride it now"? She is not swayed at all. :bored:

Everest of course says 5 minutes. So we walked to Asia. We were zigzagging through the crowds trying to get there.

IMG_1294.JPG

Have I mentioned yet that E is extremely afraid of birds. I don't know why, she was never attacked, chased, pecked in her life. I had quite a few laughs throughout the day.

IMG_1295.JPG

IMG_1293.JPG

IMG_1296.JPG

Now I'm afraid of heights. I didn't used to be but as I get older it freaks me out more. I love rollercoasters but the first hill gets me every time. Not sure if you can tell but the pictures below were taken by me just moving my phone to take pics while I'm looking straight ahead. Also when getting on Everest I always make the other person get on first. That way when climbing up that first hill their side is a drop off while I have the stairs on my side. What kind of horrible mother would make their kid be on the drop off side?

IMG_1297.JPG

It's a good pic for not looking at what I was doing. :happy: Tilted for the artsy effect.

IMG_1298.JPG

IMG_1300.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
From what I remember I believe we rode Everest twice in a row then headed to Kilimanjaro Safari. Only to find out it wasn't open yet, whether it opens later or there was some technical difficulty I don't know. So we people watched. Then a line formed for the safari. Then a CM came out and kept telling people that he "didn't know why people were lining up for something that wasn't even opened yet and that we should go enjoy the rest of the park". It was a bit snarky but the funny thing is no one moved, including E and I. This elderly couple got in line behind us and we waited a bit before the man gets off his scooter (he needed it) to use the restroom. Of course while he was gone they opened the safari and the lady looked panicked as if not sure what to do, E and I tried to stall and go very slow hoping man would come back but we ended up leaving her to fend for herself.

What to do after you leave a poor lady in the dust...take a selfie.

IMG_1302.JPG

I really like this pic of E and I but my Simba shirt is distorted and reminds me of the poor dog below in the pound in Lady & the Tramp.

dog.jpg

IMG_1304.JPG

IMG_1308.JPG

IMG_1309.JPG

Of course E was right next to these "really big birds". She had a moment.

IMG_1312.JPG

We headed to Starbucks for some coffee for E and walked the trails by the Tree of Life for me.

IMG_1314.JPG

IMG_1317.JPG

IMG_1318.JPG

IMG_1320.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I'm interrupting this trip report to show you that I have received Honorary Status to the @Tuvalu Card Club. :inlove: While reading Tuvalu's report I noticed that I sat at the same dining table (same chair too) at Mama Melrose as her and Woody just a few weeks after they were there. I just received my card in the mail!! You should all be checking your pictures for evidence of Tuvalu!! :joyfull:

7C6E5DAA-8D86-467F-BC04-94B31E1B8C6F.jpeg

maxntina

I'm interrupting this trip report to show you that I have received Honorary Status to the @Tuvalu Card Club. :inlove: While reading Tuvalu's report I noticed that I sat at the same dining table (same chair too) at Mama Melrose as her and Woody just a few weeks after they were there. I just received my card in the mail!! You should all be checking your pictures for evidence of Tuvalu!! :joyfull:

View attachment 423784
Bucket List!!!

fractal

View attachment 423784
@Tuvalu
I guess my card got lost in the mail.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Well, considering there's an upcharge for in-person card delivery, (and you chose not to elect that option), Tuvalu tends to take her time sending out the mailed ones. ;) (At least, this is the scuttle on the street . . . )
What we need in this situation is a Time Rover, since @fractal and I did meet in person in July 2017 BC (before cards!) Then I could climb aboard and hand-deliver his card!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
We headed to Gorilla Falls. There were very few people walking through at this time. It was very enjoyable. E realized we walked into the bird room. She did not wait for me to take some pictures

IMG_1322.JPG

IMG_1324.JPG

Why are hippos so darn cute!!

IMG_1327.JPG

There was a lot of fog this morning. Not great for viewing. They did try to wipe down the windows but weren't able to with the gorilla's

IMG_1331.JPG

We hung around hoping to get a better view of the baby but this was the best we got.

IMG_1334.JPG

IMG_1338.JPG

This is the best! Can't say how much I love it when characters are walking around.

IMG_1340.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
We went from one trail to another. Maharajah Trek wasn't open yet so we hung around and people watched. There was this dad and daughter standing right by me. The daughter was mid teens and not looking happy. Dad kept telling her that this would be nice to see. She "wanted to go ride rides." After a little back and forth I looked at Dad and motioned to E and told him that when E was his daughters age she was the same way but look at her now, waiting patiently for the Trek to open just to make her momma happy. I probably made the daughter inwardly hate me but dad seemed happy to hear there was hope.

IMG_1343.JPG

IMG_1344.JPG

IMG_1345.JPG

IMG_1346.JPG

IMG_1348.JPG

"Mom why are you taking pictures of a cow?"

"It's a Disney cow E"!

IMG_1347.JPG

Oh My! This bird! Another bird room. When entering E didn't panic until we saw this guy. She started power walking and yelled back at me "He's going to poop on you" which freaked out the two older ladies in front of her. Next thing I knew it was a race between the 3 of them as to who would get to the exit the fastest.

IMG_1349.JPG

IMG_1350.JPG

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
After our Trek we used our first FP on what else... another ride on Everest, it really never gets old. After this it's a little bit of a blur but between my pictures and my FP times it looked like we headed to one of our "must do's" next. I know that with our FP times, midday break, and lunch the show times weren't working in my favor But we headed back to Africa to see Lion King. In all my years coming to Disney I've never been in the Giraffe section until today!

IMG_1351.JPG

IMG_1356.JPG

I was loving the fire guy today! He was happy to be there today, it showed.

IMG_1361.JPG

IMG_1366.JPG

After our show we went to our 2nd FP, Dinosaur. This is actually one of E's favorite rides. I'm not afraid of the dark but I would love this so much more if there was "distant light" in the background. Maybe shadows of dinosaurs, scenery, something. It's just too much darkness with a few flashes of light and scary dinosaurs popping out once in awhile. IMHO.

Off to the other side of the park once again to lunch. This was a pick of mine that couldn't be changed. Satatlui' (or how ever it's pronounced).

E went with the beef, noodles, and herb dressing.

IMG_1367.JPG

Me, beef, hash, and herb dressing. This was as good this time as it was last year. Both times my girls wished they would've went with the hash. Why don't children ever listen to their parents.

IMG_1368.JPG

We shared the desert. I'm not the biggest desert person but I got this mostly for E. She really didn't look at the menu I just told her about the pods and bowls. I thought she'd get a kick out of it and she did. I had a few bites and it was really good. I did have a small texture issue with the yellow part and only had a small taste of that.

IMG_1369.JPG

Last FP of the day! FOP!! This guy was excited as we were to ride it!!

IMG_1370.JPG

Shouldn't that be Sigourney Weaver?

IMG_1372.JPG

What did E think? "We should've rode that this morning, it's worth a wait" :facepalm:

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I"m loving your report!! I especially love the interaction between you and E that you include. Memories being made for sure!
Thanks so much for reading. We are so much alike. Anyone that has a relationship with their daughter where they butt heads then they would understand E and I. (so happy that's not the case since she's gotten older) This trip was so wonderful. We had nothing but laughs and understanding for each other. I can't wait to have more mother/daughter trips!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom