Remnants of former attractions

I would like to talk about more remnants of Epcot center that you can find today from the time period of 1982-1994. Would anyone like to talk to me about it help me with finding more info on it.

Dragonman

Original Poster
I would like to talk about more remnants of Epcot center that you can find today from the time period of 1982-1994. Would anyone like to talk to me about it help me with finding more info on it.
Well there’s the space station and the peppers ghost vignettes inside Spaceship Earth, I believe the ride vehicle lift from World of Motion is still inside Test Track, etc.

That comment didn’t age well lmao.

Last edited:

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I’m just thankful that the UoE building itself is still mostly intact, albeit with a major facelift.

What became of the hydrolators in The Living Seas? Are they comepletely torn out?

I’m just thankful that the UoE building itself is still mostly intact, albeit with a major facelift.

What became of the hydrolators in The Living Seas? Are they comepletely torn out?
Yeah the hydrolators and the preshow were demolished when it went from the living seas to the seas with Nemo and friends those fake elevators were just turned into more queue and the preshow area just turned into more ride. The imagineers extended the ride to where the preshow rooms once where. All I can really say is that the hydrolators were complete domilshed and don’t exist today.

Janir

The original 1982 music Loop of the imagination Pavilion still plays in one certain area and is a hiddem gem.....In the pavillion's bathroom of all places..

To find this you have to you get to the Pavilion and make a right turn past the main entrance of the attraction. It hugs the side of the Pavilion itself.

OK, I can say that was the first time I've ever purposely watched a video of a men's room in my life...

Dragonman

Original Poster
Come to think of it, a lot of the previously abandoned spaces have been dealt with within the last few years. The only major one left really is Discovery Island and maybe the Fort Wilderness Railroad portions that are still intact.

Last edited:

Dragonman

Original Poster
What about things like the rest of sse 94, body wars etc

The 94 peppers ghost elements are being removed from what I’ve seen from recent evac pics, nothing is being done to the space station currently from what I know but it (or the animatronic inside) could end up being utilized in the next version somehow. Body Wars has nothing left now, all remaining signage was sent to archives and the simulators were destroyed years ago during the Star Tours revamp.

All I am happy for is that they leave hints to attractions that once were once there like test track has its fair share of world of motion same with journey into Imagination with figment and mission space having the horizons symbol in the space wheel.

The one thing I am happy for is that at d23 this year they said the original logos for attractions were back well some the mission space one tho looks like the horizons one.

This one looks like horizons but it is either for mission space or the guardians of the galaxy ride its nice to see

Cmdr_Crimson

This Lightspeeder hanging on the wall in Batuu East has the Initials LMA in Auberesh as a Nod to the former Stunt Show Lights, Motors, Action..
08-27-2019_Star_Wars_Galaxy_Edge_Green_Speederbike

Still hoping to see a Streets of America or Catsrophy Canyon nod..

Janir

When you enter the VIP Lounge at the Seas pavilion your greeted to this sign...
20130221-132130.jpg
Had my wedding reception there. Disney Wedding photography got us some cool pictures using that sign. The lightsabers in the pic were used in the ceremony as a Unity lightsabers vs unity candles. ( Darth Maul dual ended sabers were screwed into one big "unity" saber. :p )
ph357790813 - 0777.jpg

Raineman

This Lightspeeder hanging on the wall in Batuu East has the Initials LMA in Auberesh as a Nod to the former Stunt Show Lights, Motors, Action..
08-27-2019_Star_Wars_Galaxy_Edge_Green_Speederbike

Still hoping to see a Streets of America or Catsrophy Canyon nod..
That is one thing that most people should be able to agree on about Disney and their propensity to replace classic attractions with new attractions-they always have those Easter Egg type nods to the dearly departed.

There's definitely a reference to Horizons at the end of Space Mountain in Magic Kingdom! On one of the suitcases in the baggage claim display, a Mesa Verde sticker is shown right up front. I'm sure there are more, but that's the only one I can think of right now.

Also, notice the Space Station X-1 sticker, which references one of the first attractions to open in Disneyland's unfinished Tomorrowland in 1955.

Attachments

• horizons sticker space mountain.jpg
    horizons sticker space mountain.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 260

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom