Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

doctornick

Gotcha! No tangible interaction with the land.

I won’t go into the incredible and powerful connection between touch and an experience.

Wait, I'm confused. Are you truly saying your problem with the fences is that they prevent you from actually touching the ships? Um, congratulations, you've just made a convincing argument that the fences are needed.

I mean, there's an argument to be made that if they didn't have the fences, guests would actually respect the property and just use the opportunity to get closer to the ships for pictures or to admire the craftsmanship. Because (arguably) guests aren't animals who would intentionally touch, damage, take, climb, etc. things that are meant to obviously just be enjoyed visually. I mean, I'd like to think that most guests would actually be respectful but you're making it hard, man, to believe that.

Regardless, it only takes the rare idiot who would physically climb on one of the ships for a fence to go up immediately. And we all know that would be bound to happen eventually. So, Disney just understandably cut out that step and put the barriers up from the start.

I do think the land could use a few more physical props that are intended for people to climb onto and physically interact with. Someone pointed out the bike that Rey rode in TFA. Why didn't they move the old speeder bike over that was across from ST? Or have some other stuff? I totally agree with the fences around large ships as understandable but a few smaller accessible things would help.

Mickeyboof

Wait, I'm confused. Are you truly saying your problem with the fences is that they prevent you from actually touching the ships? Um, congratulations, you've just made a convincing argument that the fences are needed.

I mean, there's an argument to be made that if they didn't have the fences, guests would actually respect the property and just use the opportunity to get closer to the ships for pictures or to admire the craftsmanship. Because (arguably) guests aren't animals who would intentionally touch, damage, take, climb, etc. things that are meant to obviously just be enjoyed visually. I mean, I'd like to think that most guests would actually be respectful but you're making it hard, man, to believe that.

Regardless, it only takes the rare idiot who would physically climb on one of the ships for a fence to go up immediately. And we all know that would be bound to happen eventually. So, Disney just understandably cut out that step and put the barriers up from the start.

I do think the land could use a few more physical props that are intended for people to climb onto and physically interact with. Someone pointed out the bike that Rey rode in TFA. Why didn't they move the old speeder bike over that was across from ST? Or have some other stuff? I totally agree with the fences around large ships as understandable but a few smaller accessible things would help.

How did touching and appreciating spiral into the belief I wanted to damage and climb on the damn thing....?

Not going to lie, I love giving a big hug to the castles when I visit. It’s just nice because they’re real. Believe it or not, I don’t give a about pictures. I wanna experience it in real life. I don’t give a about YOUR pictures either.
Touch is as important a sense as sight or smells.

If you don’t understand that, it’s fine. But imagineers do, creative people do. A lot of people wouldn’t realize how the senses are in play at a theme park land. That’s fine. But it’s happening subconsciously, if not consciously. That’s why railings, walls, pavement, books, boxes, cars in cars land, EVERYTHING is designed with touch in mind as WELL as visual appeal.

And it’s not just me. I have perfect eyesight. What about those who can’t see? Touch and sound is everything.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpoiledBlueMilk

Sadly, your argument that guests aren't animals is undermined daily by guests groping cast members, climbing on the Mexico pavilion, and hanging on things they shouldn't be. People suck.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yeah the steam is the coolest. But that effect should be carried out throughout a land.

Harry Potter has dozens of physical moments regarding interaction. I mean, actual physical things happening!

Star Wars turns a droid head and beeps and blows steam outta the falcon. That’s not cool. It’s not exciting. Text based games will never be cool.
What’s possible now is just the tip of the interactive plan. You may enjoy some of the yet to be activated functions (I had a private sneak peek and can’t discuss them)

Notes from Neverland

What’s possible now is just the tip of the interactive plan. You may enjoy some of the yet to be activated functions (I had a private sneak peek and can’t discuss them)
Fascinating. While you can't discuss details, do you think it's likely they'll be implemented? My fingers are still crossed for the possibility of drones at Galaxy's Edge.

Incomudro

Yeah the steam is the coolest. But that effect should be carried out throughout a land.

Harry Potter has dozens of physical moments regarding interaction. I mean, actual physical things happening!

Star Wars turns a droid head and beeps and blows steam outta the falcon. That’s not cool. It’s not exciting. Text based games will never be cool.

I've got to agree with you here.
Especially given the promos that GE was going to do things in ways that not only Disney, but no other them park had ever done.
Instead, we've got things that are exactly in line with what has been done before.

Incomudro

Ooh, this is promising.
Perhaps our April trip will reveal a land more involving than it is at the present.

Movielover

Shocking indeed.....ill see myself out

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom