Man Arrested for Allegedly Groping a Face Character in WDW

Status
Not open for further replies.

BromBones

Original Poster
it is believed that at 51-year-old man allegedly groped Ariel at the Ariel's Grotto meet-and-greet.
He put his arm around her and the attendant asked him to move his hand. He allegedly moved it and cupped Ariel's breast.
He was then asked to move it again and he put it back around her shoulder where he started.
The face character started "shaking and crying" after he left and they shut down the attraction.
The man was arrested after leaving the park.
The CM said she was going to press charges and testify in court.

If this is 100% true it is inexcusable and it's morons like this who ruin the experience for everyone.
Disney is quick to react strongly to things like this and I wouldn't be surprised if Disney stopped allowing guests from making any physical contact with the characters going forward.

.... I searched for this and didn't find it anywhere on this site....

Last edited by a moderator:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
According to an unofficial Disney website, the guy was visiting MK with his wife!

If this information is confirmed, I wouldn't be surprised if Disney decided to end character interactions with adults, at some point.
If true, I hope this scumbag gets what he deserves.

DisneyCane

If it is true, then he needs to do time.

I have ways kept my hands to myself unless the character says to do something or moves my hands or arms. But then again I was raised correctly.
You say you "have ways" as if it takes a particular skill to not touch somebody inappropriately. If you're a normal person, the "way" is not to touch people without consent. If you are a TSA officer you can touch anywhere you want as long as it is with the back of your hand because that makes it no longer inappropriate.

Victor Kelly

You say you "have ways" as if it takes a particular skill to not touch somebody inappropriately. If you're a normal person, the "way" is not to touch people without consent. If you are a TSA officer you can touch anywhere you want as long as it is with the back of your hand because that makes it no longer inappropriate.
You know there is ways someone like you who just has to come along and say something that puts another person down. In the future keep your mouth shut or ignore me, because I am going to do the same with you starting now.

Victaman

I read that as a typo, thought they intended to type "I have always" rather than "I have ways".

Touchdown

wonder if Disney can legally refuse entry to a registered offender?

I would assume that as it’s a place where “children gather” theme parks would be a prohibited place for anyone on the sexual predator registry. While I will occasionally take pictures with fur characters I generally stay away from face characters (especially princesses I have met Star Lord, Capt Jack, Jack & Sally, and villains) because as a single male usually on a solo trip I want to avoid any chance someone may fear that I’m going to do anything inappropriate. It’s just the world we live in and it’s scumbags like this who are the reason why.

CJR

I have a feeling if this sort of stuff continues, they will eventually ban adults from posing with the face characters.

I believe as soon as technology allows, characters will be animatronics. They've already suggested that's one thing they want to do with some of their tests.

Heppenheimer

I would assume that as it’s a place where “children gather” theme parks would be a prohibited place for anyone on the sexual predator registry. While I will occasionally take pictures with fur characters I generally stay away from face characters (especially princesses I have met Star Lord, Capt Jack, Jack & Sally, and villains) because as a single male usually on a solo trip I want to avoid any chance someone may fear that I’m going to do anything inappropriate. It’s just the world we live in and it’s scumbags like this who are the reason why.
Oh, yeah, good point. Keeping away from places like a Disney park is probably part of their parole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom