Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

The_Jobu

Alright here's some positive chatter, my plan for when I get to Orlando next: rope drop RotR, then SR, walk around looksee, buy a first order cap, breakfast at Rontos, possibly Oga's though I'm not sold on it yet, pose with stormtroopers in cap, and then off to DHS.

Any thoughts from people who've been already?

Mickeyboof

Alright here's some positive chatter, my plan for when I get to Orlando next: rope drop RotR, then SR, walk around looksee, buy a first order cap, breakfast at Rontos, possibly Oga's though I'm not sold on it yet, pose with stormtroopers in cap, and then off to DHS.

Sure...? That’s, like, what everyone does...

The_Jobu

Sure...? That’s, like, what everyone does...

Heh. I'd be very surprised if someone actually copied my plan who wasn't me.

Looking to see if anyone says "don't bother with that" or "make sure you try this instead" , etc.

The rope drop is just a guess. Not sure what patterns will form after RotR

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member

Check out Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities.
Wait for Dianoga to appear over the water drinking fountain, just outside the restrooms at The Market.
Ronto Wrap (lunch) was good and tasty.

scaughron

Heh. I'd be very surprised if someone actually copied my plan who wasn't me.

Looking to see if anyone says "don't bother with that" or "make sure you try this instead" , etc.

The rope drop is just a guess. Not sure what patterns will form after RotR

We did the 6 am magic hours, was well worth getting up that early. Was able to do a lot in Galaxies edge then spend an hour hitting some other attractions in the park. Once none resort guest came in we went back the Galaxies edge to shop and eat.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member

For the first time you to SR, I highly recommend doing the full queue. The Single Rider Line is very efficient, but you miss everything in the queue to see (and do, if you choose to use the datapad).

The Ronto Wrap is larger than it looks. I did the regular (not the breakfast), and it was quite filling.

At Oga's the mixed drinks are almost all very sweet according the folks I was with. I did the beer flight, and it was good. It's a good show, and the exit door was the only door I recall sliding open when I approached as is supposed to happen in Star Wars (not saying others didn't, but it was opening day and I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the doors).

The photo op from the raised platform overlooking the Falcon is really good.

The_Jobu

For the first time you to SR, I highly recommend doing the full queue. The Single Rider Line is very efficient, but you miss everything in the queue to see (and do, if you choose to use the datapad).

The Ronto Wrap is larger than it looks. I did the regular (not the breakfast), and it was quite filling.

At Oga's the mixed drinks are almost all very sweet according the folks I was with. I did the beer flight, and it was good. It's a good show, and the exit door was the only door I recall sliding open when I approached as is supposed to happen in Star Wars (not saying others didn't, but it was opening day and I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the doors).

The photo op from the raised platform overlooking the Falcon is really good.

I'll have my fam along for the trip so no single rider lines for me! Heh.

Heard good things about the Ronto Wrap, mixed comments on the other food in the Land.

I'm still waffiling on Oga's. May use that money towards a First Order cap instead.

Rteetz

Back from finally visiting Batuu.

I will preface this with I am a younger star wars fan. I am a fan of the new trilogy too. I can see why those who love the original so much may be not as happy.

The land itself is huge. It’s bigger than I even expected from photos and video. I loved the detail and atmosphere. I know some criticize the background music or lack thereof but I think it’s fine.

Smugglers run is fun and I was lucky enough to be pilot on my first ride. I will definitely ride again and again to see how I can improve my scoring and what not. Though it’s not a blow you away attraction. Enjoyable sort of D level in my opinion.

I didn't do Docking Bay 7 but did do Ronto Roasters and the Cantina. I loved the ronto wrap. I’d definitely get that again. In the cantina I got that yub nub which was good and yes pricey but I knew that going in. I’d do the cantina again but it’s not a must do every time simply because it’s expensive. DJ Rex is awesome.

I need to spend more time doing the data pad stuff.

I built a droid and I thought that was cool. The cast was very interactive and it was a lot of fun.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Back from finally visiting Batuu.

I will preface this with I am a younger star wars fan. I am a fan of the new trilogy too. I can see why those who love the original so much may be not as happy.

The land itself is huge. It’s bigger than I even expected from photos and video. I loved the detail and atmosphere. I know some criticize the background music or lack thereof but I think it’s fine.

Smugglers run is fun and I was lucky enough to be pilot on my first ride. I will definitely ride again and again to see how I can improve my scoring and what not. Though it’s not a blow you away attraction. Enjoyable sort of D level in my opinion.

I didn't do Docking Bay 7 but did do Ronto Roasters and the Cantina. I loved the ronto wrap. I’d definitely get that again. In the cantina I got that yub nub which was good and yes pricey but I knew that going in. I’d do the cantina again but it’s not a must do every time simply because it’s expensive. DJ Rex is awesome.

I need to spend more time doing the data pad stuff.

I built a droid and I thought that was cool. The cast was very interactive and it was a lot of fun.
Nice write up. Glad you had a fun time.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Moving this to an appropriate thread...

That’s fair. That level of interactivity was supposed to come from interaction with the PLAY DISNEY app. I admittedly haven’t tried it out. Does it work?

The app has a bit of a learning curve... it could have been designed better. But it does have its fun aspects. It certainly made the land feel even bigger hunting around to accomplish all the tasks. It made the land feel like it is its own full sized park.

ToTBellHop

Moving this to an appropriate thread...

The app has a bit of a learning curve... it could have been designed better. But it does have its fun aspects. It certainly made the land feel even bigger hunting around to accomplish all the tasks. It made the land feel like it is its own full sized park.
Will have to try it out! Any interactivity or just more of a scavenger hunt?

Mickeyboof

.......I literally just said you can make things beep and boop. That’s all that happens in this video.

My “surely” was sarcasm because all that happens is beep and doops and turning of heads.

Meanwhile, at Magic Kingdom A Pirates Adventure.... canons are firing, ships are singing, inanimate objects are springing to life and skeletons are appearing from the depths of water. Then over at Universal, a little magic and a wand sends a knights armor to repair itself, quills to float in midair, eyes to follow you, a thousand chandeliers glowing with illumination in windows above just by a slight flick or the wrist....

Sounds better than scanning QR codes, or getting a piece of a star map.

Darth Snips

Some theatrical smoke or a droid moving its head wouldn’t be too much to ask for, surely...
Actually, you can cause those effects! I’ve made the Falcon spit out steam and I’ve had droids spin their domes around.

The only odd thing I’ve encountered is that the effects don’t always work. I don’t know if it’s operator error or if the app is just glitchy, but I have done the same thing multiple times and sometimes the effect will trigger and sometimes it won’t.

Mickeyboof

Actually, you can cause those effects! I’ve made the Falcon spit out steam and I’ve had droids spin their domes around.

The only odd thing I’ve encountered is that the effects don’t always work. I don’t know if it’s operator error or if the app is just glitchy, but I have done the same thing multiple times and sometimes the effect will trigger and sometimes it won’t.

Yeah the steam is the coolest. But that effect should be carried out throughout a land.

Harry Potter has dozens of physical moments regarding interaction. I mean, actual physical things happening!

Star Wars turns a droid head and beeps and blows steam outta the falcon. That’s not cool. It’s not exciting. Text based games will never be cool.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom