Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Thanks to the weather I beat last years time by almost 10 minutes. Looking forward to Adventurers Club tonight. I’ll be wearing a white cap with the state of Texas on it.

So you're not going to meet us at 7?

Figment82

Sorry I wasn’t able to make the meet up. We were at Garden Grill for dinner, and then at the mercy of a 15 month old who just wanted to walk around. I hope you all had fun, and have a great time at the after party! In addition to the race, I also have “perfect” status for never attending the post-race celebration. 😂 Should be great weather for you guys - much better than last year for sure!

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Group pic at Wine & Dine After Party!
@LAKid53 @surfsupdon @Texas84 @Demarke
9AA282C8-A24B-4179-969C-8579C8224616.jpeg

surfsupdon

Today I was at my favorite park of them all to celebrate my achievement...TYPHOON!! It was empty so they let me bodysurf all the way in to shore (as opposed to stopping by the red line)! Longest rides ever.

If you don’t regularly go to Typhoon- you must go!!! It’s so refreshing; there are no lines, no Fastpasses, no schedules, no ADRs. You do what you want when you want. Plus it is the most cohesive and brilliantly themed and landscaped park. Nothing is out of place...give it a shot.

What did you do today, Winers & Diners??!

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Today I was at my favorite park of them all to celebrate my achievement...TYPHOON!! It was empty so they let me bodysurf all the way in to shore (as opposed to stopping by the red line)! Longest rides ever.

If you don’t regularly go to Typhoon- you must go!!! It’s so refreshing; there are no lines, no Fastpasses, no schedules, no ADRs. You do what you want when you want. Plus it is the most cohesive and brilliantly themed and landscaped park. Nothing is out of place...give it a shot.

What did you do today, Winers & Diners??!
Got up this morning and walked nine at Oak Trail about 9am, ended up playing with a couple of locals, one of which volunteers at the first water stop for all the half and full marathons!
65C85F92-79AA-4F45-9AEB-127F46F46CDE.jpeg

Then showered and stopped by Hollywood Studios for lunch, survived my inaugural trip on the Skyliner to Epcot for awhile, and back at HS til Fantasmic wraps up!

Totally agree with Typhoon Lagoon, I went Saturday afternoon for a couple of hours of lazy river and wave pool to recover before the half 😃

Last edited:

surfsupdon

Here’s my report, then. My race was amazing. I took a new approach and divided it up into thirds; 5mile to warm up, 5mile to race, and 3 miles to give it whatever is left.

In Corral A I started with Galloway’s son and Carissa shouted her hubby out and ‘my runDisney friend Don.’ Always makes me feel good. I tried staying with Galloway and this other dude I met but I lost them at mile 3.

So here it was mile 3 and I pushed myself more than I thought. So I figured I’d race the first 5 and cruise the 2nd 5 miles. New plan.

I finished the first 5 at 7:40 mile....I expected to be at 8/mile. Oh well here I was but I felt good. So I kept up the pace!! I didn’t cruise.

The 2nd 5mile section I repeated ‘I CAN do this, and I WILL do this’ at every mile. I still felt strong. I was like omg this is amazing. Pace even dropped to 7:37/mile. I just went with it.

The last 3 miles, my fav part, MGM boardwalk canal, boards, and Epcot. I call this my ‘home course!’ Nobody passes me here. I gave Tower a run by kiss— it was afterall the race that started it all for me in 2007. Then running down the canal route I saw Galloway in his green alien hat and I was like I NEED TO CATCH HIM. So I did, and I passed him! Then on the boards itself I passed the other dude I wanted to stay with at the start. Here I was PASSING them and feeling good. Wild.

Running through World Showcase is always great. I was singing aloud the Frozen song they had blasting and then bare necessities. I remember getting emotional bc it hit me that I was running Disney, singing, and on track to my PB. In World Showcase where I have just so many memories!!!

Then we went backstage and I said omg I feel terrible. My body must have showed it bc the runner behind me said don’t worry buddy less than 5mins to go, you got this, and I said you’re right I GOT THIS, and I pushed through and crossed that line feeling absolutely amazing, ahead of that guy. Lol. Carissa shouted a huge welcome, she knew it was my PB, and wished me a Merry Christmas!

I was elated I felt so good! My training paid off, my preparation paid off, I was so proud.

I’m now enjoying the afternoon on my BLT balcony getting ready to go swim.
A3D52042-3A97-424E-B25D-814C99AEC1B4.jpeg

Attachments

• 43FE358A-3C76-466B-BA2A-4DA02F136CDB.jpeg
    43FE358A-3C76-466B-BA2A-4DA02F136CDB.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 54
  • 1A1113D5-664A-42AF-8FB5-158E3AEA3E2A.jpeg
    1A1113D5-664A-42AF-8FB5-158E3AEA3E2A.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 3EEFACCD-3E55-4E29-BF2D-CE3F0C969E6F.jpeg
    3EEFACCD-3E55-4E29-BF2D-CE3F0C969E6F.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 55
  • D513949A-7F3C-4D40-9BDB-3B5D848B4970.jpeg
    D513949A-7F3C-4D40-9BDB-3B5D848B4970.jpeg
    70.4 KB · Views: 64
  • DCFD87ED-66F7-42FC-8999-AAE45E824005.jpeg
    DCFD87ED-66F7-42FC-8999-AAE45E824005.jpeg
    77.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 58020564-9B56-442E-91F2-3B3022AB769C.jpeg
    58020564-9B56-442E-91F2-3B3022AB769C.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 59

OG Runner

Here’s my report, then. My race was amazing. I took a new approach and divided it up into thirds; 5mile to warm up, 5mile to race, and 3 miles to give it whatever is left.

In Corral A I started with Galloway’s son and Carissa shouted her hubby out and ‘my runDisney friend Don.’ Always makes me feel good. I tried staying with Galloway and this other dude I met but I lost them at mile 3.

So here it was mile 3 and I pushed myself more than I thought. So I figured I’d race the first 5 and cruise the 2nd 5 miles. New plan.

I finished the first 5 at 7:40 mile....I expected to be at 8/mile. Oh well here I was but I felt good. So I kept up the pace!! I didn’t cruise.

The 2nd 5mile section I repeated ‘I CAN do this, and I WILL do this’ at every mile. I still felt strong. I was like omg this is amazing. Pace even dropped to 7:37/mile. I just went with it.

The last 3 miles, my fav part, MGM boardwalk canal, boards, and Epcot. I call this my ‘home course!’ Nobody passes me here. I gave Tower a run by kiss— it was afterall the race that started it all for me in 2007. Then running down the canal route I saw Galloway in his green alien hat and I was like I NEED TO CATCH HIM. So I did, and I passed him! Then on the boards itself I passed the other dude I wanted to stay with at the start. Here I was PASSING them and feeling good. Wild.

Running through World Showcase is always great. I was singing aloud the Frozen song they had blasting and then bare necessities. I remember getting emotional bc it hit me that I was running Disney, singing, and on track to my PB. In World Showcase where I have just so many memories!!!

Then we went backstage and I said omg I feel terrible. My body must have showed it bc the runner behind me said don’t worry buddy less than 5mins to go, you got this, and I said you’re right I GOT THIS, and I pushed through and crossed that line feeling absolutely amazing, ahead of that guy. Lol. Carissa shouted a huge welcome, she knew it was my PB, and wished me a Merry Christmas!

I was elated I felt so good! My training paid off, my preparation paid off, I was so proud.

I’m now enjoying the afternoon on my BLT balcony getting ready to go swim.View attachment 423392
Fantastic !!!

Texas84

A few notes. Really enjoyed the live music on the half course. The Epcot finishes were bad but understandable. I can see this being permanent. Just makes operational sense. Really enjoyed passing all the 10K Corral A walkers, especially the group of 8 walking abreast.

Monday I drove to DHS and took the Skyliner over to Epcot for some F&W. Skyliner is great, smooth and quiet. Then Skyliner back to DHS for more Star Wars. Galaxy's Edge at night is amazing. Weather was great until a shower hit and it got real muggy. Left during the fireworks to beat the tram crowds and Slinky was a walk-on. Back home Tuesday.

And fun seeing some faces to go with the names.

surfsupdon

A few notes. Really enjoyed the live music on the half course. The Epcot finishes were bad but understandable. I can see this being permanent. Just makes operational sense. Really enjoyed passing all the 10K Corral A walkers, especially the group of 8 walking abreast.

Monday I drove to DHS and took the Skyliner over to Epcot for some F&W. Skyliner is great, smooth and quiet. Then Skyliner back to DHS for more Star Wars. Galaxy's Edge at night is amazing. Weather was great until a shower hit and it got real muggy. Left during the fireworks to beat the tram crowds and Slinky was a walk-on. Back home Tuesday.

And fun seeing some faces to go with the names.
Yes I feel like I know you! Also....

When it was raining last night at MGM, I was there too. I rode Millenium again . This time adults were piloting and the ride was much more fun. I was told kids can’t reach all the buttons and levers so it’s a calmer ride when they pilot. 1st time it was babies piloting. This time was more movement. And therefore more fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom