News New Mickey Mouse meet and greet coming to the Imagination! pavilion

spacemountaincarlo

Hmm, interesting. I wonder if the concept idea is a reference to the old Imagination finale with all of the screens and Dreamfinder filming? Or maybe I'm overthinking this.

ThatMouse

For the EPCOT fans who don't know whether or not to be grumpy about this --

This space has a long history of some very memorable pre-show music and photography. Makin Memories, True Colors. The natural progression of this would be a new amazing musical score to a show involving smartphone & online photos & video. But that would require too much imagination on Disney's part. Mickey meet & greet is easier and cheaper.

spacemountaincarlo

For the EPCOT fans who don't know whether or not to be grumpy about this --

This space has a long history of some very memorable pre-show music and photography. Makin Memories, True Colors. The natural progression of this would be a new amazing musical score to a show involving smartphone & online photos & video. But that would require too much imagination on Disney's part. Mickey meet & greet is easier and cheaper.
I love Makin' Memories and True Colors as much as the next guy, but...

Those were literal Kodak advertisements. Kodak hasn't been in the building for ten years. There's no reason for them to keep talking about pictures and photography in this building anymore, that wasn't even the primary theme of the pavilion. I don't understand your logic here.

Spash007

This seems a bit of overkill in theme perspective from the new Shorts theater coming to DHS. They'll be showing a Mickey short in Epcot, with a M&G in the lobby. DHS has a theater of Mickey shorts, with a Mickey M&G around the corner? The concept art looks like it belongs at the Mickey Shorts theater, not at the Pixar Film Festival (now with Disney!)

UofMGuy423

I love Makin' Memories and True Colors as much as the next guy, but...

Those were literal Kodak advertisements. Kodak hasn't been in the building for ten years. There's no reason for them to keep talking about pictures and photography in this building anymore, that wasn't even the primary theme of the pavilion. I don't understand your logic here.

Agreed. Which is why the whole post-show Imagination pavilion feels very off with all of the photography-related stations when the Imagination ride has nothing to do with photography. Feels very much like an abandoned Kodak pavilion where Disney tried to keep the old stuff going without the Kodak's brand instead of overhauling the space.

punkabella

Meh, this is fine to me. It seems very temporary until a more permanent spot can be created for meet and greets. That initial waiting space is HUGE and is hardly ever filled up with people. Like everyone else, I'd love something more to happen with the pavilion as a whole, but as this seems so temporary, and there is space available here, why not?

DisneyDreamerxyz

Is there anywhere to meet Mickey and Minnie in Epcot before this opens (we’ll be there the week before Christmas)?
CharacterSpot should still be open til January. They need to tear down the Spot building eventually. They originally said Mickey would be moving to the Imagination lobby like where Ralph and Vanellope are, but I never knew how that would work because there isn't much free space to put another meet n greet there, so I guess they settled on the Magic Eye Theatre instead.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I have no real feeling about this. It’s definitely temporary. They need to do as much as possible to encourage crowd flow and distribute guests around the park during the overhaul.

PeoplemoverTTA

CharacterSpot should still be open til January. They need to tear down the Spot building eventually. They originally said Mickey would be moving to the Imagination lobby like where Ralph and Vanellope are, but I never knew how that would work because there isn't much free space to put another meet n greet there, so I guess they settled on the Magic Eye Theatre instead.

Thanks! For some reason I thought Character Spot was already closed.

Cmdr_Crimson

IMO I think it's a bit strange for having Mickey being put to the far right in the corner area..It also has that little incline as well where they are looking to put which I assume is right here..
Photo from allears
epcot-short-film-festival-4.JPG

Infact....Don't they have a huge amount of space now since they had gutted out the other half of Imageworks upstairs..It's time to re-open the other escalator hiding behind the wall in the corner area..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom