Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

kthomas105

Just out of curiosity, what species?
It’s a type of cypress, someone else will need to help you with exact species. And it’s not so much the tree itself but the grouping of the trees in the area. Overall it’s referred to as a cypress mound which is a common habitat for many animals that are endangered or protected and therefore the state has protected this particular type of environmental feature.

Mainahman

They are not allowed to remove those trees because they are an endangered species native to Florida. Otherwise they would have been removed when they built the park. They just built around them.
Thank you! I find that super interesting for sure! it seemed odd, with everything around it, yet a big patch of trees. Totally interesting!

Tom P.

It’s a type of cypress, someone else will need to help you with exact species. And it’s not so much the tree itself but the grouping of the trees in the area. Overall it’s referred to as a cypress mound which is a common habitat for many animals that are endangered or protected and therefore the state has protected this particular type of environmental feature.
Not saying it wouldn't be an enormous undertaking, but would it not be possible or legally permissible to transplant the trees to another location?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Not saying it wouldn't be an enormous undertaking, but would it not be possible or legally permissible to transplant the trees to another location?

Last I internetted it, I couldn't fine good information on what makes a cypress mound a cypress mound and the details of its ecological importance.

But I would guess for a single species to take over a small specific region that there would have to be special soil requirements that keep out other invasive species of plants. That would make creating a mound not easy. But, who knows?

Anyway, there are several easy-to-use expansion pads throughout DHS, others that require more killing of back stage or existing attractions (looking at you, Launch Bay), and then the whole expanse of parking lot and forest between DHS and CBR that could double the size of DHS.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Anyway, there are several easy-to-use expansion pads throughout DHS, others that require more killing of back stage or existing attractions (looking at you, Launch Bay), and then the whole expanse of parking lot and forest between DHS and CBR that could double the size of DHS.

Talking to myself...

The purple are various places to easily add new stuff to.

The bright yellow is the expansion pad for SWL.

The orange is easy expansion... put attraction on the lot and add more parking (or a parking garage elsewhere (e.g., top of the light yellow section)). That's 90 acres of easy expansion.

But consider the entirety of the light yellow area. That too can be attractions on the current lot and build more parking further out in the forested area (and reconfigure the entrance).

That's a massive amount of expansion space (if they don't put a resort there).

And that doesn't even consider demo'ing current backstage or current attractions.... yet.

NoChesterHester

Any Bets on What Comes After Galaxy's Edge?

More complaining about whatever it is? :rolleyes:

Sounds like 1st thing is the black box ride.

What needs to happen is a connection of the end of Sunset to where the Animation Building is today. Some demo required. Retheme RnRC to whatever that new theme is. Add an attraction and open up several expansion opportunities. Beyond that the shows need a strong refresh.

erasure fan1

I think DHS got in it's recent poor state because of shuttering and demoing current attractions instead of adding... They need to add and expand, but tear down and replace...
I totally agree, I've been on that bus for years. In a park that the majority of its complaints are it's a half day park. It is amazing that they did things like replace GMR with Mickey instead of adding Mickey and updating GMR.

DiscoveryTank

Hopefully, we will hear more at next year's D23--- or perhaps soon as an exclusive to this site.
Looking at this after D23 2019,
We got nothing sadly :(
But with one side of the park getting overhauled. SW:GE and TSL were put on the southern side,
The northern part may be getting the next major overhaul (my theory). This area includes ToT which hopefully will stay but soon might get something like what Paris got. Better not be Guardians of the Galaxy, if it had to be Marvel I would be happy with Doctor Strange.
Also this area includes RRC: SA, I also wish that this would stay but all good things go eventually, could still be a Monstropolis retheme to Monsters. We could maybe just have it be something else but we just need to wait.
The entry area is currently getting some face-lifts, MMRR is going there, IJ Stunt Show night get a slight overhaul, could be moved to an Indiana Jones land (it should).
These are my theories and also don’t expect these at all.

Lintemuthstudios

This would be the perfect scenario for the next ten years at DHS, if you ask me.
  1. 2020: Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, Toy Story Land's Roundup Rodeo BBQ, new mission for Smugglers Run. Preparations for expansion begin later in the year.
  2. 2021: Gap year, maybe a Tower of Terror overhaul to introduce new stories or a new restaurant in Galaxy's Edge.
  3. 2022: Black Box dark-ride, first iteration to feature the Eternals or Doctor Strange.
  4. 2023: Indiana Jones expansion. This would include two E-tickets, a clone of the Indiana Jones rides found across the world (new theming though) and a water ride. The water ride could either be the Shanghai Pirates system or a rapids ride like Grizzly River at DCA. The stunt show would stay (as the expansion would go out into the parking lot and where Star Tours currently lies), and a new full-service restaurant and kids play structure would be added as well. A path dead ends in the land, the fate of it unknown (for now). Opens in time to combat Epic Universe.
  5. 2024: Gap year (see 2021)
  6. 2025: Gap year (see 2021)
  7. 2026: Cars Land expansion. Opens behind Indiana Jones Land, the dead end path a dead end no more. Pretty much the same as the DCA version, minus the swinging flat ride DHS already has. Preparations for expansion in Animation Courtyard begin, Rock n' Roller Coaster closes forever.
  8. 2027: Gap year (see 2021)
  9. 2028: Animation Courtyard Expansion Phase One. One major E-ticket and a flat at opening, replacing Launch Bay. The new courtyard is based around Walt Disney Animation Studios properties, including Big Hero 6 and Wreck it Ralph at opening. The main attraction here is a Big Hero 6 indoor roller coaster using the F.L.Y. and Avengers ride system (AKA a launched flying coaster) and the flat ride is based around Wreck it Ralph. A new path leads back towards Tower of Terror.
  10. 2029: Animation Courtyard Expansion Phase Two: A clone of the Zootopia E-ticket opens on the plot of land once home to Rock N' Roller Coaster.

Steph15251

This would be the perfect scenario for the next ten years at DHS, if you ask me.
  1. 2020: Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway, Toy Story Land's Roundup Rodeo BBQ, new mission for Smugglers Run. Preparations for expansion begin later in the year.
  2. 2021: Gap year, maybe a Tower of Terror overhaul to introduce new stories or a new restaurant in Galaxy's Edge.
  3. 2022: Black Box dark-ride, first iteration to feature the Eternals or Doctor Strange.
  4. 2023: Indiana Jones expansion. This would include two E-tickets, a clone of the Indiana Jones rides found across the world (new theming though) and a water ride. The water ride could either be the Shanghai Pirates system or a rapids ride like Grizzly River at DCA. The stunt show would stay (as the expansion would go out into the parking lot and where Star Tours currently lies), and a new full-service restaurant and kids play structure would be added as well. A path dead ends in the land, the fate of it unknown (for now). Opens in time to combat Epic Universe.
  5. 2024: Gap year (see 2021)
  6. 2025: Gap year (see 2021)
  7. 2026: Cars Land expansion. Opens behind Indiana Jones Land, the dead end path a dead end no more. Pretty much the same as the DCA version, minus the swinging flat ride DHS already has. Preparations for expansion in Animation Courtyard begin, Rock n' Roller Coaster closes forever.
  8. 2027: Gap year (see 2021)
  9. 2028: Animation Courtyard Expansion Phase One. One major E-ticket and a flat at opening, replacing Launch Bay. The new courtyard is based around Walt Disney Animation Studios properties, including Big Hero 6 and Wreck it Ralph at opening. The main attraction here is a Big Hero 6 indoor roller coaster using the F.L.Y. and Avengers ride system (AKA a launched flying coaster) and the flat ride is based around Wreck it Ralph. A new path leads back towards Tower of Terror.
  10. 2029: Animation Courtyard Expansion Phase Two: A clone of the Zootopia E-ticket opens on the plot of land once home to Rock N' Roller Coaster.
This all sounds good ,but imo never going to happen. Also while I feel HWS needs more rides,I do not think it really needs 6 or so more rides,I would say maybe 3 or 4 more rides.I also would rather them not keep on getting clones.

I say have them add the black box dark ride ,a mini Indy land with 1 e-ticket ride,overlay rockin roller coaster with something else and add a new ticket ride for another new land with in that area.add a D or c-ticket ride to to GE and a table service restaurant

Thelazer

I doubt you'll see any Indiana Jones expansion.. I'd expect it to be cut and removed completely.
It's not "IP" enough these days..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom