Can i wear this in the disney parks?

NickMaio

So it's my sweet 16 and I REALLY want to dress up beautifully. Do you think I could wear a dress like this but red and with straps and a mid a-line neck? There aren't any sparkles on the one I got, but I maybe thought if I wore a jacket maybe it could help a bit? Or the Sweet 26 pin? Is it possible? Or would a basic homecoming dress be better?
You should send that pic to Disney and ask them. Letting them know about your bday as well.

mdcpr

That is exactly what Disney is trying g to avoid hence why it would not be allowed in the parks. The worst that will happen is she will be denied entry into the park and then will have to make her way back to her resort in order to change and then go back wasting a lot of time.
She said she will be wearing it to dinner, that should be fine, no?

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
She said she will be wearing it to dinner, that should be fine, no?
She wanted to know about in the park and in another thread she said she is considering Cinderella's Royal Table for her birthday dinner with a fireworks dessert party to follow.
I think it may be allowable if she were to go to dinner at V&A but that is not in a park so I guess if she is allowed to wear it to dinner depends on where she ends up eating.

The Empress Lilly

You wish people everybody would come in prom attire to visit a Disney Park?
Why yes. that would be just splendid!

4111015525_316c31bd63_z.jpg

drizgirl

We were at CRT a couple years ago and saw a group of girls in long dressy gowns (celebrating a Quinceañera ). It won't be practical, but as long as it isn't a wedding dress and it isn't an actual princess gown, I think you'll be fine. Have a great birthday!

AndyS2992

Rules state clothing cannot drag on the ground for health and safety reasons. The floor is filthy you and other guests will be stepping on it, should the fabric hang over on rides it could get caught in machinery and what not. You can wear it around Disney Springs, Disney Boardwalk and the resorts and get some nice pictures there or go for a nice meal etc, just not int the parks.

Paper straw fan

Be sure to go to either a ticket window, customer service or (best bet here > ) gift shop to get an “I’m Celebrating” button for your birthday- worth the couple of minutes!

Enjoy your day

wombat

So it's my sweet 16 and I REALLY want to dress up beautifully. Do you think I could wear a dress like this but red and with straps and a mid a-line neck? There aren't any sparkles on the one I got, but I maybe thought if I wore a jacket maybe it could help a bit? Or the Sweet 26 pin? Is it possible? Or would a basic homecoming dress be better?
Unadvisable I you are a bloke

KBLovedDisney

you can wear a wedding dress in the parks so i'd say it would be ok. disney are usually pretty good, especially for an occassion!
From a Disney info site:
Examples of unacceptable attire include:
  • Clothing displaying offensive messages/language
  • Adult costumes or clothing that can be viewed as a costume (children under age 10 are excluded)
  • Clothing made with offensive material, (ie transparent)
  • Clothing that is excessively torn
  • Clothing which exposes inappropriate portions of the body such as string bikini tops, G-strings, bikini bottoms, etc.
  • Guests wearing wedding attire are discouraged from entering the theme parks.

NickPytlinski

From a Disney info site:
Examples of unacceptable attire include:
  • Clothing displaying offensive messages/language
  • Adult costumes or clothing that can be viewed as a costume (children under age 10 are excluded)
  • Clothing made with offensive material, (ie transparent)
  • Clothing that is excessively torn
  • Clothing which exposes inappropriate portions of the body such as string bikini tops, G-strings, bikini bottoms, etc.
  • Guests wearing wedding attire are discouraged from entering the theme parks.

she should be ok then gonig by those rules.
discouraged doesn't mean not allowed plus its not a wedding dress.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom