Trip Report Riffraff, Street Rat...No one appreciates I'm broke.

What a great trip!

We arrived October 19th and left on the 24th. It was another stay at a Value, which I keep saying is my last time at a Value but with these yearly trips instead of every other year that's what is in the budget. This was a last minute (well 65 days is last minute for Disney) mother and other daughter trip (in case you read my mother daughter report from last year) , so we raided the coin jars, searched the couch cushions, stole money out of my husbands wallet and made it happen. We hit each park for one day each and had an evening at Disney Springs. I didn't take notes and I only have my photos as a guide for this report so we better get on with the details before I forget everything.

Trip takers for this one: Me & E. Sorry but the all pictures of us look just like this.

IMG_1302.JPG

Saturday, October 19th:

E drove to my house the night before since we had a morning flight. We got up around 4:45 am and was on the road by 5:20. The ride to the airport is a tad bit over two hours so we made a pit stop. I've added this since we crazy Disney people seem to like bathroom, light fixtures and food pictures.
IMG_1072.JPG

Everything went smooth at the airport, as proof here is the obligatory airport photo. She has no idea how many photos are in her future.
ILYW4489.JPG

When we arrived at ME it was the most crowded I've had to deal with. I guess I've been lucky in the past. We waited awhile but then had our own bus to the resort. Which is good because sharing a bus sucks 85% of the time.

IMG_1078.JPG

E commented several times that our driver was in the video but I missed it every time due to gawking out the windows. I didn't have cash on me to tip the driver. I always feel like a schmuck when I don't tip the bus driver from MDE. Why? I don't know. I don't tip the maid. I digress

IMG_1079.JPG

We arrived at POP and I hadn't received a room ready text so off we go to the front desk and wait our turn. The oddest CM I've ever dealt with helped us. He was young and in my opinion trying to impress/badly flirt with E. I previously requested a room in building 6 facing the water, I wanted close to the skyliner, we got building 3. It was the next building over and wasn't bad. E was celebrating college graduation and on her celebrating pin he wrote Navigator since he said she was in charge of the room map. Both confused and ready to run we headed to our room.

IMG_1080.JPG

IMG_1081.JPG

We put both beds down and there was still plenty of room for both of us to walk around.

With stomachs rumbling we headed for the bus stop to Disney Springs

IMG_1082.JPG

Here's the - I just arrived at Disney face -
IMG_1084.JPG

And the - try not to look like an idiot and just be cool face -
IMG_1085.JPG

Last edited:

wombat

What a great trip!

We arrived October 19th and left on the 24th. It was another stay at a Value, which I keep saying is my last time at a Value but with these yearly trips instead of every other year that's what is in the budget. This was a last minute (well 65 days is last minute for Disney) mother and other daughter trip (in case you read my mother daughter report from last year) , so we raided the coin jars, searched the couch cushions, stole money out of my husbands wallet and made it happen. We hit each park for one day each and had an evening at Disney Springs. I didn't take notes and I only have my photos as a guide for this report so we better get on with the details before I forget everything.

Trip takers for this one: Me & E. Sorry but the all pictures of us look just like this.

View attachment 421311

Saturday, October 19th:

E drove to my house the night before since we had a morning flight. We got up around 4:45 am and was on the road by 5:20. The ride to the airport is a tad bit over two hours so we made a pit stop. I've added this since we crazy Disney people seem to like bathroom, light fixtures and food pictures.
View attachment 421303

Everything went smooth at the airport, as proof here is the obligatory airport photo. She has no idea how many photos are in her future.
View attachment 421302

When we arrived at MDE it was the most crowded I've had to deal with. I guess I've been lucky in the past. We waited awhile but then had our own bus to the resort. Which is good because sharing a bus sucks 85% of the time.

View attachment 421304

E commented several times that our driver was in the video but I missed it every time due to gawking out the windows. I didn't have cash on me to tip the driver. I always feel like a schmuck when I don't tip the bus driver from MDE. Why? I don't know. I don't tip the maid. I digress

View attachment 421305

We arrived at POP and I hadn't received a room ready text so off we go to the front desk and wait our turn. The oddest CM I've ever dealt with helped us. He was young and in my opinion trying to impress/badly flirt with E. I previously requested a room in building 6 facing the water, I wanted close to the skyliner, we got building 3. It was the next building over and wasn't bad. E was celebrating college graduation and on her celebrating pin he wrote Navigator since he said she was in charge of the room map. Both confused and ready to run we headed to our room.

View attachment 421306

View attachment 421307

We put both beds down and there was still plenty of room for both of us to walk around.

With stomachs rumbling we headed for the bus stop to Disney Springs

View attachment 421308

Here's the - I just arrived at Disney face -
View attachment 421309

And the - try not to look like an idiot and just be cool face -
View attachment 421310
Eyebrows???????

riverside

Premium Member
I was just thinking of you...not sure if you Facebook or Instagram to follow DisneyFoodBlog but they had a post about how annual Passholders can get a free order of Mickey beignets at FQ! You have to order a specialty drink at Scat Cat’s Club Cafe and you get an order for free!
I actually did see it on Facebook the other day. I told E about it & I'm sure we'll definitely be taking advantage of it. I just hope the drink is something I will like!! Thanks for thinking of me!!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Today's the Day!

Magic Kingdoms hours are 8am - 6pm with EMH at 7am. E wants to stay all day with no breaks. I can do this.

We were up by 6am and out the door by 6:40. We hop on a mostly empty bus and wait a few more minutes before we are whisked away. After a few minutes E leans over and whispers "I love you mom, you're the best", I'm totally making this up. She whispers " I forgot my magic band". I just stare at her, good thing it's dark. Let's turn this into a good parenting moment, even though she's an adult. "No problem, we'll just ride back grab it. No worries." I know she was upset at herself. Unfortunately the bus driver has to stay at his stop for 6 minutes. What do I do? I take this opportunity to get off the bus and take a pic of what could have been. ( I was actually pretty bummed. Due to the hours of MK I wouldn't get to see the park at night and this was my chance to see the castle lit up. I would never let E know that I was disappointed)

IMG_1089.JPG

Look @Tuvalu, Shirley status at 6:55am back to POP

IMG_1090.JPG

After we made it back to POP the bus driver again had to wait for the obligatory 6 minutes, which was to our benefit this time. It gave E plenty of time to run back to the room and grab her magic band.

IMG_1092.JPG

When we made it back the sun was fully up and we were now looking in this line of people. Luckily for us we moved fairly quickly and followed a line that went fast. There were a lot of unhappy people lining up behind us.

IMG_1093.JPG

It was about 7:45ish when we made it in. I remember because we had to scan our bands to make sure we were resort guests.

IMG_1094.JPG

Since EMH was pretty much over I did what I always do in the mornings at MK. I headed to the left. We had FP's for PP SM and SDMT later. So we revised our morning plans and headed to Big Thunder!! Look at those walkways

IMG_1095.JPG

As we went through the tunnel into Frontierland I noticed a small crowd ahead of us heading to the same place. We made another immediate left and made my favorite ride the first ride of the trip

IMG_1097.JPG

IMG_1099.JPG

It was at this time that E decided we will make ridiculous faces in all of our ride photos. you'll have to forgive my photo of a photo. I didn't purchase the memory maker but had to document our moment somehow.

IMG_1101.JPG

After we got off we went to BTMRR which was a walk on, the very small crowd had dispersed.

big thun.jpg

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I just love MK in the morning. After BTMRR we headed to

IMG_1103.JPG

IMG_1104.JPG

We strolled to Pirates where I witnessed people (probably the people in the back of the above photo) using FP's. :rolleyes: I will tell you that I do believe we beat them to our boat.

IMG_1105.JPG

We knew to get on the Jungle Cruise before the crowds came. We had a great captain.

IMG_1111.JPG

IMG_1112.JPG

IMG_1113.JPG

IMG_1114.JPG

IMG_1115.JPG

We headed to HM next. Again no rush, we didn't even have to deal with the bottleneck while loading into our buggy.

IMG_1116.JPG

IMG_1120.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I remember after getting off HM just soaking it all in. We looked for some hidden Pascal's in the Tangled Lounge area. Then decided we needed a morning snack. E has a serious distaste for breakfast food so it was slim pickens. Even the Cheshire tail looked gross to her. We found ourselves over by the circus area and we settled on the famous Mickey pretzel and plastic cheese.

IMG_1122.JPG

Now not to start a Guac or Jelly debate but I thought it was gross. We sat on a ledge in the shade and did some people watching while eating our nasty pretzel. Well I take that back, E thought it was tasty.

IMG_1123.JPG

IMG_1124.JPG

With Dumbo just flying around us I had to ride. E obliged me. She was even amused by watching me wave to the people below.

IMG_1128.JPG

IMG_1130.JPG

Mermaid was next. Still walking onto rides at this point.

IMG_1131.JPG

IMG_1133.JPG

IMG_1134.JPG

IMG_1137.JPG

I'll admit, I almost pulled a Woody and waved @Tuvalu 🙂

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I'm going to see if I can get the rest of day 1 done today.

After exiting Little Mermaid it was around 11 and the plan we had worked out perfectly for us. So far everything we rode was a walk on. It was at this time that it stopped. I wanted to ride Pooh but the wait was 30 minutes and I wasn't ready to start standing in lines yet. We headed to one of my favorites - PeopleMover.

IMG_1138.JPG

We realize it's time for FP #1. Back we go to FantasyLand. I wanted to take the path that has the wishing well but it's blocked off. I'm glad though because I get this photo, it's one of my favorites :inlove:

IMG_1140.JPG

While entering Peter Pan E asks the question everyone does. Why is PP so popular? I go with the... it's nostalgia and every age can ride it answer.

IMG_1141.JPG

IMG_1142.JPG

That nasty pretzel wore off and bellies were rumbling. E originally choose Pinocchio Haus for lunch but earlier she saw Cosmic Rays and that nostalgia thing kicked in and so off we went to Rays.

IMG_1143.JPG

When we got there only Bay 2 was opened. By the time we got our food another Bay was opened.
We got the chicken nuggets and fries. The nuggets good, fries cold. How can there be that many people and the fries get cold? I would think there would be someone back there constantly making a new batch of fries! Rant over. I will say they have the best ranch sauce. Delish. Also, we realized we should've shared this meal. It was a big portion of nuggets and fries. Save yourself some money and share.

IMG_1145.JPG

It was now after 12 and time for FP #2. Actually it was 12:08 to be exact. I remember standing outside of the FP entrance for a couple of minutes. Our Fp was for 12:10. I knew there's some grace time so we walked through at 12:08.

IMG_1146.JPG

Buzz said the wait was 25 minutes. I finally thought it was time to wait in a line. But that just didn't happen. The line moved very fast and by the time we got to the front of the line it was 10 minutes. During that 10 minutes emily looked up the high scoring targets. We memorized them. And totally failed. I didn't get any of them. E got the first one right away but it was all downhill after that.

IMG_1149.JPG

IMG_1151.JPG

I thought it took your picture in the spacey room so I made a dumb face. Then next thing I know another flash goes off and I ruined our photo by looking normal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom