News Holiday decor and entertainment to expand to all lands at Disney's Animal Kingdom in 2019

MagicHappens1971

Maybe Bob will come out and help decorate animal kingdom for the holidays šŸ˜‚
8EFD7FEC-8FE9-465C-A3D1-FB829D0ED26F.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The tree is cool, but the animation looks like it was done on a 1990's computer. Sorry just have to call that one out on a company who does animation. They did greatly improve the Cinderella castle projections over time to the point where there is 5 million things going on at once, like watching a Transformers movie.

I doubt that's the finished animation.

ThatMouse

Yeah, if this is the test, I'd suspect its more to confirm blocking, positioning and such. A final render would probably be more detailed, but no one wants to waste time finalizing something that needs to be changed.

It just looks like the previous years, which is choppy and blocky. It's not clear what is changing, making it longer or have it loop like they do on Tower of Terror. I only saw it once in person and I don't remember it looping.

tirian

Not to be particularly insensitive, but Kwansaa is a made-up holiday by Ronald McKinley Everett (who changed his name to something else), who spent time in jail for felonious assault. He's an avowed separatist It is NOT a holiday in Africa.
You beat me to it.

For various reasons connected to my old job at Disney, Iā€™m friends with many people who are from the portion of Africa represented in DAK. They grew up celebrating Christmas and had never heard of the American-made Kwanzaa.

Not that this matters; I just wanted to clarify that point.

It looks like the decorations will be great! I hope Disney improves the projections. The holiday season is my favorite time at ā€œthe World.ā€

tirian

The tree is cool, but the animation looks like it was done on a 1990's computer. Sorry just have to call that one out on a company who does animation. They did greatly improve the Cinderella castle projections over time to the point where there is 5 million things going on at once, like watching a Transformers movie.
And you still canā€™t tell whatā€™s happening on 60ā€“70% of the castle. :D

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
You beat me to it.

For various reasons connected to my old job at Disney, Iā€™m friends with many people who are from the portion of Africa represented in DAK. They grew up celebrating Christmas and had never heard of the American-made Kwanzaa.

Not that this matters; I just wanted to clarify that point.

It looks like the decorations will be great! I hope Disney improves the projections. The holiday season is my favorite time at ā€œthe World.ā€

I worked with a lady from Kenya for a few years and just listening to her discussing topics like that was very enlightening.

WDW Monorail

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom