Disney plus Imagineering

PiratesMansion

I'm just hoping that what they're saying is true; that it will indeed focus on all of the parks and that they will be honest about some of their failures.

It'd make the whole series for me almost by default if Tokyo and Hong Kong got some actual quality material in the series, beyond the usual "we also built..." mention these properties usually get. But I'm not holding my breath.

BrianLo

I'm just hoping that what they're saying is true; that it will indeed focus on all of the parks and that they will be honest about some of their failures.

It'd make the whole series for me almost by default if Tokyo and Hong Kong got some actual quality material in the series, beyond the usual "we also built..." mention these properties usually get. But I'm not holding my breath.

Continues to sound encouraging.

The Imagineering Story - Part 1 - “The Happiest Place on Earth” -Walt Disney gathers a group of artists and engineers for the purpose of building a dream into reality. These ‘Imagineers’ formulate a set of design principles that transport people from their everyday lives to lands of imagination. Never has there been a place with themed environments, faithful to a story. Walt Disney vows, unlike a film that gets finished, Disneyland will never be completed.

The Imagineering Story - Part 2 - “What Would Walt Do?” Without Walt’s guidance, the development of Florida’s Walt Disney World is a risky endeavor, but Roy O. Disney fulfills his brother’s wish. A second generation of designers carry out the last of Walt’s ideas - EPCOT, where the Imagineers achieve a higher purpose beyond entertainment. Simultaneously, the first international park opens in Japan. No future plans threaten the survival of the company.

The Imagineering Story - Part 3 - Michael Eisner and Frank Wells save Imagineering and encourage widespread growth. They make Disney cool and relevant with teenagers. Every design project the Imagineers touch turns to gold. The crown jewel, Euro Disneyland, goes over budget and encounters resistance. Poor press coverage and cultural missteps cause low attendance. Humbled, management shies away from future Magic Kingdoms.

Part 4 may bring us to the tumultuous years of Eisner reign

I think Part 5 will bring us to China (Primarily Shanghai).

MK-fan

I can be somewhat of an Imagineering critic these days but this documentary looks great, when I was at D23 Expo 2015, this was announced and they had a trailer. It’s been in the making for a while, made with a lot of love hopefully. Can’t wait to watch!!!

smooch

This, along with The Mandalorian, will likely be a highlight for me.

Me too, these are the two things I am looking forward to seeing. Not much else original content looks interesting to me but I have been feeling nostalgic and wanted to go back and rewatch old Disney shows so I'll probably be doing that too.

Travel Junkie

Watched the 1st episode this morning. They are only releasing one at a time so no binging it on the first day. I enjoyed it. It covers the creation of Disneyland up until Walt's death. A lot of the stories you have heard before if you follow Disneyland history, but it does have some footage I haven't seen before.

The nice thing is it is a true documentary. It is not an infomercial. They certainly are not going to be critical of Disney, but it is not an ad either. Bob Gurr was certainly a highlight of the first episode.

I haven't watched it yet, but there is another show in there called Disneyland through the seasons from 1966, where Walt takes you around Disneyland throughout different parts of the year.

Anjin

As suspected, this is the first thing I watched and I was really happy with it. Considering the time frame they are going for, ending the first episode with Walt's death was a good call. I loved all of the archival footage. And the new interviews were great. I'm really looking forward the the rest now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom