Pin trading on cruise

michmickey

Original Poster
Hi, I was just curious if there was pin trading on the cruises? If so, is it comparable to the pins you find while trading in the park? Thanks!

tk924

Hi, I was just curious if there was pin trading on the cruises? If so, is it comparable to the pins you find while trading in the park? Thanks!

Yes and Yes. You will see officers standing around with lanyards outside of the Walt Disney Theater.
But be aware that it is not very organized. There are some nice people that try to form lines in front of each officer but we have always seen unsupervised children, and sometimes even adults, that run up to each officer and jump in line. Just FYI.

ChuckElias

I haven't tried it in a while, but the last few times I went to the Pin Trading onboard, the pins being offered by the officers were pretty standard. There were no Artist Choice or "premium"-type pins available.

tk924

Two cruises ago for us was rather lucky. We were able to obtain multiple 'Star Wars Day at Sea' type pins. I will admit it can be hit or miss.
Also, maybe 3 cruises back, I asked a crew member if they had a trading book (which they did). After going through the book we didn't see anything we liked and the crew member asked us what we were looking for. For me, it was anything Star Wars. He immediately looked through a drawer behind the counter, found a Star Wars pin and just gave it to me. Again, the trading books are hit or miss but the hunt is always fun.

docdebbi

if you have a child with you try to get them to be the "officer of the day". our kids were chosen last cruise to do this. they were asked while we were in one of the shops trading pins with the staff.
by being the officer, the kids showed up before the trading started and were handed lanyards filled with pins to trade with other passengers. they stood in the line with the officers and did a group photo afterwards with all the officers. it was quite impressive and they felt very special.
then they were handed a certificate and a card with 5 pins for each of them to keep as well as all the pins they traded for with the original lanyards

jme

I've heard about this from a friend whose children were chosen - but I've never seen it happen personally. And my kids spend a fair amount of time each day in the shops looking through the pin books and trading with CMs.
Glad to hear they are still doing it though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom