Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

The_Jobu

Despite the loud voices on the Internet, there are a lot of people (especially younger) who actually do like the Sequels. This is very anecdotal but I personally know many people who grew up with the Originals and the Expanded Universe who absolutely love the Sequels and are ready to move on from the Skywalker Trilogy characters.

Regardless, the point was someone would always complain. I've a diehard fan and I'm exhausted from this fandom right now.

I'm not arguing that people don't like the ST, just that I personally haven't across any online fans that love the ST and actively dislike the OT to the point of complaining if Disney gave the original characters significant representation in a Star Wars land.

You are absolutely right that people always complain, Im just considering the amount of this theoretical demographic

Rich Brownn

Hogsmeade originally was set on or around the day of the Tri Wizard Tournament. Similarly Cars Land was technically set between the two movies (biggest tell here is the addition to Flo's). I'm all for thematic integrity, but I think in a Universe as expansive as this you need to be flexible with the timeline.

Sure, don't have Kylo and Vader out at the same time, but you've got elevated areas throughout the land where characters around the Star Wars Universe can appear.
Thats not true. In fact, in the training materials there's a scripted response when asked what time period Hogsmede takes place. "The Wizarding World is Timeless". Specific attractions might have a time period, but the land itself does not.

Mike S

Again they only talk about Atom. I’d like to see other numbers as well to get a full picture as I’m sure they’re also high. Also I like how people are focusing on one thing but ignoring everything else that went on: a highly divisive film, the first flop in franchise history, low toy sales, and 2 $1 Billion lands that attendance wise have performed under expectations so far. All this happening to the golden goose franchise everyone was sure could never be taken down.

The Pho

Again they only talk about Atom. I’d like to see other numbers as well to get a full picture as I’m sure they’re also high. Also I like how people are focusing on one thing but ignoring everything else that went on: a highly divisive film, the first flop in franchise history, low toy sales, and 2 $1 Billion lands that attendance wise have performed under expectations so far. All this happening to the golden goose franchise everyone was sure could never be taken down.

Even with the issues surrounding the franchise, it should have a huge opening weekend. Not hard to believe it could be setting records (very specific records at that). Plenty of die hard fans that might be down on the direction the films have taken will be curious enough to see how it all ends.

The_Jobu

It's probably best to not read too much into presales. Solo also set presale records and had more presales than Black Panther and... well... yeah. I'll just leave it at that.

That said, it's virtually impossible for me to see this not making a billion, regardless of quality.

Mike S

Even with the issues surrounding the franchise, it should have a huge opening weekend. Not hard to believe it could be setting records (very specific records at that). Plenty of die hard fans that might be down on the direction the films have taken will be curious enough to see how it all ends.
Yeah I’m curious to see the ending as well. Also helps JJ is back.
It's probably best to not read too much into presales. Solo also set presale records and had more presales than Black Panther and... well... yeah. I'll just leave it at that.

That said, it's virtually impossible for me to see this not making a billion, regardless of quality.
It'll definitely hit $1 Billion no problem. How much over that is the question. I expect somewhere around TLJ if it’s good, TFA if it just floors people.

NoChesterHester

JJ makes fun movies. Regardless of opinion of the direction, it is hard to argue that that The Last Jedi was designed to be fun. It felt arduous and brooding.
The Force Awakens, for all its flaws, was an exciting, fun, well paced, and well constructed movie. I expect that the Last Jedi will be delightfully entertaining. If it brings together a meaningful close to the series it will exceed sales expectations.

gmajew

Premium Member
Yeah I’m curious to see the ending as well. Also helps JJ is back.

It'll definitely hit $1 Billion no problem. How much over that is the question. I expect somewhere around TLJ if it’s good, TFA if it just floors people.

will say this trailer is the best for any of the new movies! It got my blood pumping was so awesome....

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

pssst... the article is being super facetious

Kate F

Unless it absolutely blows people away, I imagine this film will be highly front-loaded but will still probably make a billion. How much over a billion, I couldn’t tell you.

Mike S

I agree but then it was a bumpy ride. This trailer actually got it back to a true Star Wars feel. The ships the detail etc it was just on point
Don’t get me wrong. I hate being this cautious about a mainline Star Wars movie. It’s something I thought could never have happened yet here we are. I’m more excited to see the first episode of The Mandalorian.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom