Bagless at Christmas?

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
My family and I will be spending 4 days and 5 nights at the Disneyland Resort this Christmas season. We will insanely be going during the busiest time period, 26-31st. Our for park days will be the 27th-30th.

I am curious to know if there is any benefit to trying to go bagless? I saw some older posts that Disneyland may not have bagless lines. My children are 6 and 11, so we are past the have to take everything for the toddler's stage. Our phones can be kept in pockets or on our belt.

We also have no problem with getting water from the fountains or quick service locations.

Travel Junkie

My family and I will be spending 4 days and 5 nights at the Disneyland Resort this Christmas season. We will insanely be going during the busiest time period, 26-31st. Our for park days will be the 27th-30th.

I am curious to know if there is any benefit to trying to go bagless? I saw some older posts that Disneyland may not have bagless lines. My children are 6 and 11, so we are past the have to take everything for the toddler's stage. Our phones can be kept in pockets or on our belt.

We also have no problem with getting water from the fountains or quick service locations.

They have bagless lines...sometimes. It basically is a sign they can put up and take down. I believe they use bagless lines unless it is really busy and they need that lane for everyone.

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
So considering they tend to be so busy they need to restrict access on those days, they most likely will not have backless lines anyway.

truecoat

I went during Christmas in 2012, the first year Carsland was opened. It was very busy but I would do it again as I didn't think it was that bad. Just get to the parks EARLY and take a break if you can in the middle of the day. It worked out great for us.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

They only benefit is less to carry. saves you from lugging things around all day. if you feel you can do it all without then go for it. i usually like to have a backpack with basic things: wet naps, purell, tissues, stuff for headaches, back up portable phone charger. things like that. if you do need to store stuff you can get a in park locker. but it depends on what you think you will need to get through the day with your kids.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

I can't be without a bag because I carry meds. My strategy, if you need a bag, is to a carry one and put everything in clear bags within the bag. Security can see everything and generally, they won't take as much time.

I'm assuming you're a WDW regular. My experience is that DL during peak crowds isn't nearly as bad as WDW during peak crowds. Getting in the park at DL takes more time; it's one advantage of MBs at WDW, but there's so many rides that the crowds are more dispersed. I went in 2017 in January. Found out later that the parks had been at capacity while we were there. We still found rides midday that had 30 minute waits. We were able to do everything we wanted to do between getting there early, staying late, and making use of FPs and single rider lines.

Have a great trip!

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
Thanks. I go back-and-forth on the issue. Even with out the bagless security lines, it seems like it might be nice to not have to worry about it all day. But I'm not sure I want all my pockets to be weighed down with phone chargers and other thingss.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom