So uh.. What Now For Disneyland Resort?

Mouse Trap

The amount of time it’s taken in development combined with awful looking trailers leads me to believe its bad...but will still make a lot of money and convince them that only sequels matter.

Amount of time in development has nothing to do with the quality of a film. If you believe that then you're going to be very disappointed with Irishman which was in development for 10+ years.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Amount of time in development has nothing to do with the quality of a film. If you believe that then you're going to be very disappointed with Irishman which was in development for 10+ years.
Not universally...but something “ain’t right” with a frozen sequel that was greenlit almost 7 years ago

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

1. When will you make the FALCON RAMP WALKABLE?

2. When will you stop doing HMH forever?

3. When will you convert DCA back to a parking lot? ball park it for me.

Figments Friend

What's next for Disneyland Resort -

1. 'Galaxy's Edge' is redeveloped into 'Discovery Bay'.
Rock formations may or may not be allowed to remain.

2. Tomorrowland redevelopment / major refresh
Overhead transportation system of some type ( WEDWay...cough ) a must.

3. Another appropriately themed major Attraction for DCA
'Pixar Smear' overlay removed.

4. A new era dawns, where lion and hyena come together in a great and glorious future...!
Oh wait...

-

TP2000

You think?

It’s amazing how fast those would resurface if they get their way. Bet that development would look pretty good to Orange County and Anaheim in a recession...

Never bury anything when politics and greed are involved

Meh. From what I've heard, that 4th Hotel ship has already sailed.

TDA and Burbank have moved on, and they need some concrete legal and political changes made to Anaheim city hall before they move forward with a big hotel investment. You'd also need to get Ada Briceno and UNITE HERE out of the picture entirely, and that's going to be very difficult.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a mid term (2020-2022) redevelopment of Downtown Disney's West End, also known as Ghost Town. But the big additions to dining and capacity at the existing footprint east of Disneyland Drive seem to have improved things nicely for at least the short term. Downtown Disney is no longer the big local hangout it was in 2005-2015; the cool kids have moved on to Food Halls in Anaheim, Irvine, Costa Mesa, etc.

Hopefully when the idea of new hotel development resurfaces for the Disneyland Resort later in the 2020's or 2030's, they go big on this and bulldoze the Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Pier Hotel and Downtown Disney's west end and get serious about being a "resort".

Sharon&Susan

Grizzly Peak will be rethemed to Muppet Mountain just in time for the second season of the New Muppet Show on Disney +.

All the Imagineers had to work was that Office styled Muppet show that aired on ABC a few years ago, so GRR will now have animatronics statues of the Muppets arguing and yelling at each other.

truecoat

That isn't happening, the are no plans to build a new Hotel or do a major Downtown Disney Remodel.

What they want from the city is ways to address parking. So bringing back the Eastern Gateway project, which will allow the Transportation plaza to be moved to Manchester, opening up land next to DCA/Disneyland, to allow park expansion. That is a five year plan, though the Pumbaa parking structure might not be built right away, waiting for the USCIS leases to expire, allowing it to be built in one phase. What Disney needs is the Bridge over Harbor, the new security check and ticket booths (and restrooms), plus the new Transportation Plaza for ART and other shuttle Buses, Public Buses, Uber/Lyft/Taxi area, a drop off area. Basically freeing up as much land as possible on the East End of the park (West side of Harbor). That is worth a lot more than any Hotel or new shopping. (Aka Park revenue and parking revenue is a much better profit maker).

Would the Eastern Gateway (bridge and drop off) part be earlier as in the next 2 years?

Rich T

The amount of time it’s taken in development combined with awful looking trailers leads me to believe its bad...but will still make a lot of money and convince them that only sequels matter.
I wouldn’t really call the Frozen 2 trailer “awful,” especially compared to the trailers for Onward or just about any other animated film this year. Even Klaus, which I’m really looking forward to, has a very low-aiming trailer focusing on slapstick gags, sarcasm and “we can make a difference yadda yadda”. Seriously, are all trailers created by one AI program these days?

And what I think is coming to DLR in the near future: Price increases and a show that (spoiler) relies on the words “magical,” “dreams” and “imagination.” Right before they sell you a thermal detonator full of Coke.

Miru

I’m not sure either...

while some areas need major revamps, I don’t quite trust Chapek with them...

Examples of areas that need revamps are Fantasyland’s outdated dark rides, the unused space of Tommorowland’s Starcade, Peoplemover, and Innoventions, the attraction-free Pacific Wharf, the incomplete Incredicoaster, and the so-90s-it-hurts Toontown.

Yet, I don’t really trust Chapek to handle most of these. It only... JII overtaking the Carousel building, revamped Snow White and company, Incredicoaster 2.0...

Last edited:

Model3 McQueen

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I’m not sure either...

while some areas need major revamps, I don’t quite trust Chapek with them...

Examples of areas that need revamps are Fantasyland’s outdated dark rides, the unused space of Tommorowland’s Starcade, Peoplemover, and Innoventions, the attraction-free Pacific Wharf, the incomplete Incredicoaster, and the so-90s-it-hurts Toontown.

Yet, I don’t really trust Chapek to handle most of these. It only... JII overtaking the Carousel building, revamped Snow White, Incredicoaster 2.0...

I love the charm of the old Fantasy Land rides, but I wouldn't mind a few upgrades that take in the spirit of Peter Pan's upgrades a few years ago! I think your assessment is right on the money!

alias8703

It took longer for Disney to move a kiddie ride a couple hundred yards than it did for Dollywood to construct and open a new land.

I mean technically yes, and Dollywood is a beautiful park mainly because of its surroundings, but to compare Dollywoods level of theming, landscaping, rockwork, path work etc to Disney's is just... cmon now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom