What did you do?

OG Runner

I'm from south Texas so anything below 60. :)

I think for Floridians it's anything below 70.

Okay now I understand. In 2018 I ran the Disney Marathon. (I had to have that 25th anniversary medal) The week before
leaving for Florida I was running through snow. The day we left for Florida, we were the only flight that got out of Boston
for the whole day. This is the time of the year I pray for the temperatures to get up to 60 degrees.

OG Runner

I didn't run last night. I will be reffing soccer games tonight. I will run Friday night for a few miles. I am not sure about Saturday, as I am running a Half on Sunday. Still working on the proper planning for races.

Texas84

Morning temp dropped 20 degrees from yesterday, 48F with clear skies and an almost full moon overhead. Really nice running weather. Took two minutes off yesterday's 3 mile time.

JillC LI

Sorry I keep dropping out of sight. I am still running regularly though. Generally I do a 3.6m route outdoors early in the week, a 3.5m TM run mid week, and a 7 mile run on the weekend around the Lake. Three months into our move and I'm still hating the hills, but at least it's finally starting to feel a little bit like Fall here occasionally. Kudos to all of you as well keeping up with things.
I’m super proud of myself this week. Over the last year I’ve made major changes to my life and dropped nearly 100lbs. This was done primarily with nutrition and very little physical exercise besides walking etc and being on my feet during most of the day. I was watching a YT video this week where it’s creator randomly started talking about how he developed a running routine. Right there I dropped what I was doing, threw on some shoes, and started running. 2.5 miles later I realized two things... a) I’ve never run outside of a sports related practice, and b) I simply started running and didn’t stop once. I’m totally hooked... I’ve been running 4 days this week and I’m feeling amazing. My legs were hurting those first few days but they’re much better after some basic stretching.
Congrats on the weight loss and welcome to the running addiction! LOL
I’m slow man...
Not really. Don't try to push to go faster so early on. You don't want to risk injury at something you're suddenly enjoying.
Noted, I’ll take a look! Slowly getting up in distance. This week I ran just short of 10 miles, happy with that as it’s my first week of running (ever).
Great total distance. To avoid injury, try not to increase either your total weekly distance or your longest run of the week by any more than about 10% to avoid injury.
Damn.... 11 miles! I’m not sure my legs could push that far.
They can. With time. I never thought my legs could run 2 miles. Then 3. Then 5. Then 8. Then.......26.2. But they did. It's all in the training. Give it time and consistency, and be careful not to go too far or too fast so you avoid injury, and you can do things you never dreamed were possible!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom