Insider info/ AMA on WDW's 50th Ann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spresso81

I find this decision to be very disappointing. Tokyo's Dreamlights parade should be the example parade for each park to emulate/build upon. It mixes both old and new technology while having great music.

Nostalgia is great but a brand new cutting edge parade with nods to history (maybe even a few re-created updated Spectro floats) should have been a no-brainer for the 50th budget be dammed.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
The boss told us that it's too expensive. We run the most expensive parade (Festival of Fantasy) and have the most expensive fireworks of any Disney Park worldwide. Theres no room in the budget. Also, a new parade wont be done in time for the 50th.
Plus with anything new, there's a question how well fans will receive it. MSEP already has a strong fan base and the nostalgia factor is immense, especially if they build on that to make it even more enchanting and mesmerizing.

FWIW I enjoyed Spectro but MSEP really grew on my entire family. It always transported us into our happy place.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
Plus with anything new, there's a question how well fans will receive it. MSEP already has a strong fan base and the nostalgia factor is immense, especially if they build on that to make it even more enchanting and mesmerizing.

FWIW I enjoyed Spectro but MSEP really grew on my entire family. It always transported us into our happy place.
This is the exact feeling that leadership has right now. Billy has hit the nail on the head.

brb1006

I find this decision to be very disappointing. Tokyo's Dreamlights parade should be the example parade for each park to emulate/build upon. It mixes both old and new technology while having great music.

Nostalgia is great but a brand new cutting edge parade with nods to history (maybe even a few re-created updated Spectro floats) should have been a no-brainer for the 50th budget be dammed.
And add newer floats (as of 2017 an updated section) and remove some of them.

That reminds me, Dreamlights is also able to have a Christmas version of the parade. This actually isn't the first time they used it. During MSEP's second run between 1998-2000 they made a Christmas variation that mixed Christmas medleys with the normal parade music in 1999.

The last time MSEP used this idea was during it's run at Disneyland Paris sometime in the early 2000s.

Here's a video that has the Christmas Edition of MSEP.

RobbinsDad

And I'm officially following...

brb1006

TDO has to have the motivation to WANT a new Parade.
If they are not interested, then it's not going to be pursued.

I personally wish they had pursued.
A new nighttime light parade is long overdue for WDW.

-
The Disneyland section for this year's D23 felt like such a tease. Especially when they revealed their new daytime parade "Magic Happens" complete with a preview of the parade theme.

Disnerd2003

Original Poster
Well I headed in to the parks for dinner after work now so I'll let some questions brew and I'll return around 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom