News Mizner's Lounge to be expanded at Disney's Grand Floridan Resort into a Beauty and the Beast inspired lounge

TrojanUSC

This is far from good. This in no way (except for the sign) fits in the GF. The forest room looks like the Art of Animation food court, and the Library feels weirdly generic. Plus, who picked out that furniture? Some that watches two hours of HGTV could do better. Shame we had to lose the GF Orchestra Perch for this.

That forest room is embarrassing. It has no place in the GF. The main bar area is fine, but its plain-ness is why it works. Feels the most appropriate for the GF. Those high-top tables are a thematic mess, too.

Spash007

That forest room is embarrassing. It has no place in the GF. The main bar area is fine, but its plain-ness is why it works. Feels the most appropriate for the GF. Those high-top tables are a thematic mess, too.

I had thought the forest would be set up actually as a forest, like Artist Point. Still doesn't fit GF, but at least would have been much more interesting than a painted wall.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
They're not even trying anymore. Just pick a Disney movie and a Disney hotel and put them together. It's all Disney, right?
That’s just it. It’s all Disney. It all fits. It’s honestly as simple as that.

You’re falling into a sort of linguistic trap that reinforces the franchise mandate. A themed lounge is exactly what should be in a themed hotel, but what you lost, along with Enchanted Rose, would not be themed lounges. Themed experiences in a themed context should be related to each other and these don’t actually relate to the Grand Floridian.

Related to above. The new theme spans all 4 parks and however many hotels. The new theme is DISNEY! This fits that theme.

Flynnwriter

Another ill-conceived, poorly executed, amateurishly designed mishmash of contemporary design, an afterthought of story and a total disregard for the hotel’s compelling story, design and theme. This confused bar, along with the Yacht Club re-dos and Gran Destino tower signal a real problem at Disney Resorts. Stop guiding you choices by what the outside world is doing - you’re not the outside world. You’re Disney World. It’s getting really pathetic.

Last edited:

The Great Gonzo

I saw some videos of the new digs, it doesn't mesh at all.

I would have rather seen an over the top "Alice in Wonderland Tea Party" theming either here or at the old "Garden View Tea Room".

Bocabear

Another ill-conceived, poorly executed, amateurishly designed mishmash of contemporary design, an afterthought of story and a total disregard for the hotel’s compelling story, design and theme. This confused bar, along with the Yacht Club re-dos and Gran Destino tower signal a real problem at Disney Resorts. Stop guiding you choices by what the outside world is doing - you’re not the outside world. You’re Disney World. It’s getting really pathetic.
I could not agree more.
Poorly executed and ill-fitting. Wrong on so many levels.

The_Jobu

As a bar, it does it's function well. They have high end hooch and some comfy places to sit. The designers are probably happy As people are going to buy their drinks there. As a Disney bar, it's a mess in my opinion. That's what concerns me. It's like a team of marketing execs started bickering to get all their ideas in.

Theme wise it's completely out of place at the GF. Even just looking at, it's a sleek green/grey/blue box in the middle of white/gold/beige luxury hotel. This is basic stuff.

Then they put an ill suited IP, I don't know who this is for in a high end bar. Then they have their insanely priced cocktails that come with cutesy little stories about "the gift of thought" , again, who is that for? Do they want people to bring their kids with them to watch them overpay for drinks? The abracadabar does magic tricks, so I can see that entertaining adults, but these stories while watching someone pour your drink together is confusing.

I just had to vent my thoughts, it ties into broader problems I have with similar recent decisions by Disney. I feel better now, thank you for your time and I hope I get the position.

Disone

Just a heads-up for anyone who might want to just try Enchanted Rose:

You won't be able to park at the GF, unless you also have a reservation to dine at any of the sit-down restaurants of the resort. Plan accordingly.
This depends on how busy the resort actually is. Honestly, if you tell him you're just coming in to see the enchanted Rose, and you're doing this on an evening of the Very Merry Christmas party, it's probably not going to get you in. Chooseca day without the Christmas party it probably will get you in just fine.

Unfortunately too many people lie. And then the parking lot filled up with guest hope perhaps didn't lie but truly parked at the Grand Floridian so they could stop by and see the enchanted Rose, on their way to the Very Merry Christmas Party. And once they're enjoying the Very Merry Christmas Party people who are trying to park at the Grand Floridian to say, dine at citricos, can't find a parking spot.

But on a day where the Very Merry Christmas Party is not at play, you're likely to find him being much more lenient.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
This depends on how busy the resort actually is. Honestly, if you tell him you're just coming in to see the enchanted Rose, and you're doing this on an evening of the Very Merry Christmas party, it's probably not going to get you in. Chooseca day without the Christmas party it probably will get you in just fine.

Unfortunately too many people lie. And then the parking lot filled up with guest hope perhaps didn't lie but truly parked at the Grand Floridian so they could stop by and see the enchanted Rose, on their way to the Very Merry Christmas Party. And once they're enjoying the Very Merry Christmas Party people who are trying to park at the Grand Floridian to say, dine at citricos, can't find a parking spot.

But on a day where the Very Merry Christmas Party is not at play, you're likely to find him being much more lenient.
This new policy is being enforced from today on. Friday Nov. 8 was the last day when you could park at GF to visit Enchanted Rose alone. From today on, you also have to have an ADR for any of the table service restaurants at GF.

Disone

This new policy is being enforced from today on. Friday Nov. 8 was the last day when you could park at GF to visit Enchanted Rose alone. From today on, you also have to have an ADR for any of the table service restaurants at GF.
Oh. Well then they did a terrible job of enforcing that today. But what you say is probably true. Just the first day jitters. Also truth and full disclosure, the pictures I share are not from today. But I did go today. I just didn't take pictures today.

Attachments

• 20191003_175342.jpg
    20191003_175342.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 200
  • 20191003_175744.jpg
    20191003_175744.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 182

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom