News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

ImperfectPixie

Isnt raising additional admission literally the single quantitative objective of a new land or attraction. The name attraction literally forwarns of its entire purpose. To attract people. So if the new attractions (land and ride) have not attracted people in a quantifiable way? Failure.
If you read the post I was responding to and my response again, you'll see that I specifically said the only factual way the lands can be deemed a failure is because they didn't increase main gate ticket sales. The lands aren't empty. They ARE selling food/drink/merch.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I'm envisioning this similar to a cruise/stay package. Is this correct? I'm definitely in for the experience. Does anybody know if they plan on offers like: 2 Days at Galatic StarCruiser with 3/4 Nights at Beach Club. Or is this going to be completely standalone?

Ravenclaw78

I assume package deals will only happen if they start having problems filling this hotel.
We'll see, but I expect them to be available from the start. The Starcruiser is going to attract a lot of people who aren't "Disney people", and it's a fixed-length stay. Many of those people will take a week-long trip to Orlando anyway, and spend the rest of the week at an offsite hotel visiting Universal and other attractions. A discounted 4-night hotel+tickets package for Starcruiser guests would entice some of that demographic to stay in the Disney bubble for their whole vacation.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
We'll see, but I expect them to be available from the start. The Starcruiser is going to attract a lot of people who aren't "Disney people", and it's a fixed-length stay. Many of those people will take a week-long trip to Orlando anyway, and spend the rest of the week at an offsite hotel visiting Universal and other attractions. A discounted 4-night hotel+tickets package for Starcruiser guests would entice some of that demographic to stay in the Disney bubble for their whole vacation.

It's going to be interesting to see if DHS admission is going to be included in the price, I assume it will be.

Awakening

This is what Disney was thinking when they built Galaxy’s Edge and there still hasn’t been an influx of non-Disney people. It’ll be interesting to see if the hotel can actually accomplish this.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

but disney does not want them to stay there for their whole vacation that is why there is a limited number of days they can stay.

Ravenclaw78

but disney does not want them to stay there for their whole vacation that is why there is a limited number of days they can stay.
We're talking about a post-"cruise" stay at a traditional Disney hotel, not tacking on additional Starcruiser nights. If your point is "if Disney wanted Star Wars fans to visit the parks, they'd let you stay in the Starcruiser for as long as you want", then you clearly still don't understand the concept behind the hotel, or Disney Parks' operating model, or even Star Wars fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Are the insults really necessary?
I did not insult anyone. "Man babys" was not directed at a particular poster but as a way to identify a group of people. My comment was not directed at any poster in particular and was repeating a phrase used by another poster to make a point,

Incomudro

Right, they don't but their man baby parents who grew up on Star Wars do. Thank you for making my and the other poster's point for us.

You know...
Many parents who will bring their children to GE and pay for the lightsaber experience - may not be very into Star Wars at all themselves.
Regular o'l parents who just want to give their children a fuller experience of the land.

ImperfectPixie

I did not insult anyone. "Man babys" was not directed at a particular poster but as a way to identify a group of people. My comment was not directed at any poster in particular and was repeating a phrase used by another poster to make a point,
The use of "man baby" do identify a group of people is a means of insulting an entire group of people.

Way to make assumptions, too, by the way, as 1) I'm not male, and 2) I have no interest in owning a light saber.

Again with insults.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom