Trip Report Breaker Breaker 1-9, We're goin' live!

What's our 20? We crossed the boarder into Florida and we're keepin' an eye out for Smokey's!
IMG_20191004_081527.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 4 cntd...

After our snack and beers it was time to go see Dr Stevens and uh, uh, move around a bit.

IMG_20191007_123534.jpg

We usually have at least two beers in us before riding just so we can tolerate this dude. After, uh, moving around a bit 17 times, we finally got to Sivako.

IMG_20191007_124717.jpg

IMG_20191007_125337.jpg

C's mom loved the hand prints of Cameron, Rohde and Landau and we stopped to get a picture as we always have. C was a bit emotional after the ride so we took a few moments to reflect on some good memories. During the planning of the trip she had told me that she wasnt sure if being at WDW would be an emotional overload. Riding FoP was the first time it hit her but she said it wasnt exactly a sad feeling but more of feeling her moms presence since they spent a lot of time in Pandora when they visited. Her mom loved the vegetation and just relaxing and having a beer outside Satuli and basking in the environment. We decided grabbing another beer to enjoy as we headed out of Mo'ara Valley.

IMG_20191007_130559.jpg

It was getting pretty hot out and I suggested we head back to BWV but there was another Pandora charm she wanted that wasnt at Discovery Trading co. in AK but they located it at Disney Springs so C pulled rank and decided thats where we were going. Quick pic with Tree of Life on our way out.

IMG_20191007_131322.jpg

She was in a hurry to get a Pandora store and wasnt thrilled about me stopping the process to get a pic, lol. In our experience, park to park buses or park to Disney Springs buses run pretty slow so I chirped a Lyft.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 4 cntd...

Our Lyft arrived quickly and got us to the Srings right away. And look who was a happy camper all of the sudden! It had started raining after we left Pandora so we ducked into Fontera for shelter.....and drinks.

IMG_20191007_143449.jpg

IMG_20191007_143504.jpg

She only "needed" one charm but ended up buying three..., again, lol. Please take note of her Pandora bracelet (left hand) which was quickly running out of room.

I decided that having a beer was a better idea than looking at the receipt and I took a moment to console our Disney visa since it had gone through such a strenuous workout so far that day.

IMG_20191007_143643.jpg

Stay strong, visa!

IMG_20191007_143644.jpg

C on the other hand was still smiling ear to ear,

IMG_20191007_143731.jpg

She thanked me for being so cooperative with her shopping.

I ordered an IPA and she had a jalepeno margarita. We also had some chips and salsa.

IMG_20191007_143718.jpg

We didnt know if you could order drinks to go so we asked the bartender and he said yes. So, a round to go we ordered!

IMG_20191007_150536.jpg

C thanked me for being such a good sport and reminded of where I stand in the rankings.

IMG_20191007_150842.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 4 cntd...

The rain had stopped and the plan was to head to the bust stop and get back to BWV, but.... C discovered and Alex and Ani store 😬.

IMG_20191007_151322.jpg

I clutched the Vader Visa card tightly, but C's shopping power was too strong!

IMG_20191007_153123.jpg

She got the Annual Passholder charm and I was glad to see that they required you show AP proof and I.D. to purchase it. She also got a First Order (Star Wars) bracelet as well.

IMG_20191007_144616.jpg

After Alex and Ani we finally got on a bus and back to the resort.

C was dehydrated from all the shopping but still all smiles 😁

IMG_20191007_163803.jpg

We headed to the room to relax and shower up for a dinner reservation we had coming up...

harleebug

Day 4 cntd...

After our snack and beers it was time to go see Dr Stevens and uh, uh, move around a bit.

View attachment 417984

We usually have at least two beers in us before riding just so we can tolerate this dude. After, uh, moving around a bit 17 times, we finally got to Sivako.

View attachment 417985

View attachment 417986

C's mom loved the hand prints of Cameron, Rohde and Landau and we stopped to get a picture as we always have. C was a bit emotional after the ride so we took a few moments to reflect on some good memories. During the planning of the trip she had told me that she wasnt sure if being at WDW would be an emotional overload. Riding FoP was the first time it hit her but she said it wasnt exactly a sad feeling but more of feeling her moms presence since they spent a lot of time in Pandora when they visited. Her mom loved the vegetation and just relaxing and having a beer outside Satuli and basking in the environment. We decided grabbing another beer to enjoy as we headed out of Mo'ara Valley.

View attachment 417987

It was getting pretty hot out and I suggested we head back to BWV but there was another Pandora charm she wanted that wasnt at Discovery Trading co. in AK but they located it at Disney Springs so C pulled rank and decided thats where we were going. Quick pic with Tree of Life on our way out.

View attachment 417988

She was in a hurry to get a Pandora store and wasnt thrilled about me stopping the process to get a pic, lol. In our experience, park to park buses or park to Disney Springs buses run pretty slow so I chirped a Lyft.
All the feels for C ❤️❤️

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
C's bracelets are very pretty, and I like her new charms that she bought (with your credit card :happy: )!! Although it must have been somewhat bittersweet for her to visit places that her mom also enjoyed, it really seemed like she was having a very good time. Happy for the both of you.
In all fairness, its "our" credit card, yet somehow it seems I make a lot of payments for it, lol.
All the feels for C ❤❤
Having beers with you guys on Pandora will be a great "distraction" in December 😁
Looks like you had an amazing trip! The magical moments in SWGE looked like a great experience.
SWGE was definitely outta this world (pun intended)

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 4 cntd...

We had a dinner reservation for Yachstman Steakhouse. We hadnt eaten here in a few years and we were very excited to be going back. It was still a bit warm out for pants but I adhere to the dress codes!

IMG_20191007_201147.jpg

We were seated within a few minutes of arriving. We started off with a round of drinks. C ordered a Moscow Mule and I had a St. Bernadus Abt 12 Quadrupel Belgian Dark Abbey . The waitress poured my beer into a glass and she poured it without holding the glass at an angle and it foamed to the top immediately. It took several minutes for the foam to go down. Luckily there was still plenty beer in the bottle.

IMG_20191007_184120.jpg

The bread service was very good and we ordered the Artisanal Cheese to start with.

IMG_20191007_182356.jpg

We enjoyed the cheeses more than we expected. It was a light enough appetizer that didnt fill us up at all.

Seated next to us was a table of adults that had no respect for the dress code with the exception of one of the females. I understand that Yachtsmans isnt Victoria and Alberts and I dont mean to seem snooty, but an adult can do better than shorts and a t-shirt for a setting such as YS. Take that over to ESPN Zone.

C also ordered a Caesar Salad. She devoured it. She was hungry from all shopping earlier.

IMG_20191007_182400.jpg

IMG_20191007_180603.jpg

IMG_20191007_180549.jpg

We ordered our entrees next. I went with the ribeye (medium rare) with the truffle mac and cheese. We also ordered another round of drinks and I let the waitress know that I would pour it myself, lol.

IMG_20191007_191810.jpg

IMG_20191007_192121.jpg

C ordered the Black Angus Filet (medium) with the loaded baked potato.

IMG_20191007_191901.jpg

Everything was excellent. The portions were very large and we were to full to order any dessert.

IMG_20191007_194921.jpg

Yachtsman was definitely everything we remembered and we will be back. Our server was very good and didnt rush us at all. The Tables in Wonderland discount was pretty good as well. We had been tracking our savings with it and after this dinner we were at appx $70. We took a nice stroll along the Boardwalk after dinner and it was about 8 pm when we got back to the room. We debated going to Epcot but we were stuffed and decided to just relax in the room. We watched the Gingerbread Halloween show and we were asleep before 10 pm.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 5

We were up early and it was a Hollywood Studios day! We had noticed over the last few days that the wait times on the app were very high during the 6 am-8 am magic hours so we we took our time to arrive after the madness. Weather was much cooler that morning as we took the pathway to HS. C wore what she calls her "Kylo Ren" outfit.

IMG_20191008_090513.jpg

We headed straight to Batuu once we entered the park.

IMG_20191008_094410.jpg

We grabbed the oatmeal and fruit breakfast snack from Rontos Roaster.

IMG_20191008_102409.jpg

IMG_20191008_102433.jpg

It was very good and nice filling snack. Notice the Pandora charm which was basically full and had no more room for new charms. Fret not, as C had a solution for that, lol.

After our breakfast snack we browsed around the 709 shop near Kylo Rens ship as we waited for the performance to begin. C really liked the Kylo Ren hooded sweatshirt and purchased it and had it sent to the room.

IMG_20191008_100004.jpg

She was sporting her First Order Alex and Anni bracelet as well.

IMG_20191008_100305.jpg

Someone was really trying to impress Kylo Ren, lol.

We caught the show and it was great. Not too long, not too short. Then we headed over to the Falcon for some Smugglers Run action. We joked that C was wearing First Order colors and I was (unintentionally bounding) with Rey colors. and a fresh crispy white v-neck for the win!

IMG_20191008_094906.jpg

fractal

Day 4

It was Animal Kingdom to start off the day! We got there shortly after opening and crowd levels werent too bad. I had to stop in Guest Relations because my MDE wouldnt allow me to see "My Plans". The CM explained its a known issue and they dont have a fix yet and I would have to view My Plans by logging into the Disney Website directly. I had to do this for the rest of the trip. It was only frustrating because it kept logging me out, so anytime I had to modify a FP+ I had to go through the process.

After Guest Relations we headed straight to Everest!

View attachment 417805

View attachment 417810

View attachment 417806

After Everest we hit up Dinosaur. But first we realized that it was 10:45 and we needed a round of drinks for the walk!

View attachment 417807

C loves the Nest White Ale and I got an Elephants Foot IPA. (shut up, Sean!)

View attachment 417808

Of course I havent received our photopass from Dinosaur yet. Is there a way to get the pics it never sends you?

After Dino, we made our way to Pandora. On the way, C stopped in the Pandora shop. She needed a fix!

View attachment 417809

She graduated to purchasing multiple charms at once. I believe she got 3 this round.

All that shopping made her hungry so we grabbed a Pretzel and more beers to wash it down. I needed a drink after looking at the Pandora receipt, lol! We both had the Organic blonde ale, 22oz. C reminded me Im #1 , yay!

View attachment 417803

View attachment 417811

Thanks to you and @Darstarr I now have a problem with craving a drink after my morning shave.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Seated next to us was a table of adults that had no respect for the dress code with the exception of one of the females. I understand that Yachtsmans isnt Victoria and Alberts and I dont mean to seem snooty, but an adult can do better than shorts and a t-shirt for a setting such as YS. Take that over to ESPN Zone.

Was there a dress code posted for this restaurant? If so and if it's not being enforced, they should just remove it.

Personally, if I went to a nice TS restaurant for dinner, (not necessarily as upscale as V&A, but certainly a nicer one such as Yachtsman), I'd just "assume" I'd need to kick up my outfit a notch. I think what you had on was appropriate. That's a nice shirt.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks to you and @Darstarr I now have a problem with craving a drink after my morning shave.
You may be on to something. A beer after a shave. I like the sound of that. Especially at WDW. I'll consider "shaving" as a morning workout. This way I'll feel as if I've earned it. Have fun running 8 miles at a 7 minute pace, @lostpro9het , I'm just gonna shave my peach fuzz and call it a day.

lostpro9het

You may be on to something. A beer after a shave. I like the sound of that. Especially at WDW. I'll consider "shaving" as a morning workout. This way I'll feel as if I've earned it. Have fun running 8 miles at a 7 minute pace, @lostpro9het , I'm just gonna shave my peach fuzz and call it a day.
How about a beer IN LIEU of a shave 🧔? Beers and beards!

amjt660

Premium Member
You and C looked very nice
Being respectful ( of others, of the rules, etc) is dying off - and that is just sad

Loving the report

I hope you finish it

Max

Last edited:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
You and C looked very nice
Being respectful ( of others, of the rules, etc) is dying off - and that is just sad

Loving the report

I hope you finish it

Max
Thank you for the compliment. We love getting dressed up a bit at WDW, it was just very hot, lol. And Im doing my best to get through this report and actually finish it. Weve already begun planning for our December trip so the faster I finish this, the faster I can begin my PTR.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Day 5 ctnd...

We boarded the Falcon and were handed the dreaded Engineer cards. We didnt mind since neither of us had been Engineers yet. Getting pictures at the chessboard/table in the Falcon seems to becoming an "obligatory" photo op. Here you go..

IMG_20191008_104950.jpg

IMG_20191008_105008.jpg

Shortly after, we entered the pit and took our seats.

IMG_20191008_105421.jpg

The 4 other people who were in our group were all together. The two pilots were a very young child and an older woman. The younger kid tried his best but was too young to do anything but constantly crash and the the older lady pilot (who had the job of steering up and down) pretty much did nothing but watch the screen and didnt pilot at all. The two gunners were a man and a woman who (from what I noticed) didnt do any firing at all. After about 15 seconds into the ride, C and I realized it was pointless for us to do anything since the rest of our crew preferred to crash and not defend the ship, so we just sat back and enjoyed the madness.

IMG_20191008_105722.jpg

That was our score before Hondo took his cut and fees for damages to the Falcon, lol. For those who have not ridden yet, when you exit the cockpit, there are different things you see and hear depending on how good or bad you did, such as what you hear the repair crew say over the intercom and you see flashes and hear sparks if you crashed a lot. We heard the repair crew say, "this thing is basically a pile of scrap metal." We were cracking up. And we didnt mind that the other members of our group didnt do a good job, it was kind of fun to sit back and watch all the crazy things that happen.

As we exited through the tunnel we were doing our Hondo voice impression. in one of the post ride videos, he says, "you see, this happens sometimes when you travel through uncharted space"... After our first few rides we began using the "you see, this happens sometimes", for random situations throughout the day, i.e , when a woman walked up and got in front of us at bag check with her stroller and 2 back packs and I was about to say something, C grabbed my arm and said, "you see, this happens sometimes". It made me laugh and we let the lady have her way.

We were saying random things in our Hondo voice and as she was refilling our water, I said something juvenile that would normally have C give me the "did you eat paint chips as a baby" look, but she actually laughed.

IMG_20191008_110002.jpg

After the Falcon is about 11 am and we were overdue for our first brewski of the day so we stopped at Baseline.

IMG_20191008_112431.jpg

Scrimshaw Pilsner for C and I had the Stone Delicious IPA. The patio was crowded so decided to walk with our drinks. Sure enough, it was time for Pandora, and no, Im not referring to Flight of Passage or the Mo'ara Valley. They recently opened a new Pandora shop on Sunset Blvd. I reminded her that her bracelet didnt have much room left. The only option was obviously to buy a new one and begin jamming charms on to it, lol.

IMG_20191008_114924.jpg

IMG_20191008_114937.jpg

She was told by the lady at Pandora in Disney Springs that that had not released any Star Wars charms, but Nahtalia at the HS shop knew her stuff and showed these to C. She loved them and of course had to add them to the new bracelet. I was on board since it was Star Wars. Even if I hadnt been on board, it wouldnt have made any difference in C's decision, 😂.

It was time for some Midway Mania action so we left Pandora and headed to TSL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom