Trip Report **Complete** It's a meet-up-palooza!

We are back and I gotta get this trip report show on the road before my memory fails! Hopefully my notes and pictures will carry me!

When: Sept 14th - 16th and Sept 16th - 24th, 2019
Where: All-Stars Movies & POP Century Resort
Who: me (Susan) and my husband Scott

If you want to start from the very beginning, a very good place to start, you can access my pre-trip at: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/we-werent-going-until-2020-yeah-right.953038/

MySmallWorldof4

Thanks, I got them last year spring on clearance on the shopdisney.com for $5.99 each (and I waited for a free shipping day) Scott didn't see his shirts beforehand, and he has comment twice that he really likes this shirt!

eta: and I just went to wake him up from his nap, and guess what shirt he's wearing again!?
We shopped the same deal :hilarious: I got dh and me the same shirts with the free shipping.

Rista1313

Original Poster
Sunday Sept 22 - AK day

Well it appears I didn't take a ton of photos this day. So this may be a lot of text.

It was Animal Kingdom day, and Scott loves this park. With the exception of FoP, I can take it or leave it.

I remembered to make a fast pass for the safari first... I was hoping it was early enough so that the animals were still awake. It wasn't perfect, but I think we did pretty good.

The painted dogs were close and moving around a bit.

And the giraffe tried to cut us off! (I think it's so cool when giraffe's run)

Here's a 2 for 1 with a regal elephant and some flamingo's

I'm so bummed because I had never seen a cheetah before.. and my picture didn't come out... here's a blurry one for you.

It was early enough in the day that the lion wasn't so lazy and laying on his side...very happy about that!

And whatever this thing is =D

That concludes the end of our safari pictures. We had a little time to kill before our FoP fast pass, so we wandered thru the jungle trek a bit to look at the animals. Their wasn't much variety on the bird trail area this time... just one kind of bird.. those little green ones that have some upside down nests.

After that we made our way back to Pandora for our favorite ride. Today was no exception!

The one thing I did noticed is that the screen isn't as crisp and clear as the first time... I'm guessing the safety/3d glasses need to be replaced. None the less, I do love that ride so much!

For lunch I had planned for Yak & Yeti.... we are long time Landry's card holders.. back before they started charging for the card... I didn't make a reservation, and the hostess said we would be seated in just a couple of minutes... but it was packed in the lobby with people waiting... and we did have to wait about 10 minutes to be seated. (the horror) It was my birthday month, so I had a $25 credit on my Landry's account... and I had a plan right down to the food!

Scott and I shared these wonderful Ahi Tuna Nachos... man that was a mountain... but we tackled every last bite. It was light and refreshing... so it was perfect!

Rista1313

Original Poster
We also shared the pineapple cream cheese kabobs for dessert. They were tasty, but I'm not sure I would get them again.

After lunch we got a return time for NRJ.. not sure why we didn't do that earlier... but you know...let's back track back and forth across the park.

While we were waiting for that. We decided to check out Rafiki's planet world... this was a sheer disappointment, we have more things to see in our local petting zoo.

Here's a picture of a reminder of the train never to ride again... it was old and bumpy, and really hurt Scott's back.

After the return trip on the train of pain... it was time to take a relaxing boat ride.

I love the glowing forrest wisps.

At the glowing reviews of many others, we went to see the Lion King show... I have to say that neither Scott nor I were fans... especially Scott who asked how he could get his time back! We both only liked the tumble monkeys.

After the show...it was time to head back to the resort for Scott's daily nap. Stitch and Porg were waiting!

It was pool time for me... but I think the sun went behind the clouds when I got in, and it wasn't very warm out.

I was thirsty and wanted a snack... so I ended up getting this giant oatmeal creme pie.

It looks amazing.. but it was a little too sweet AND it had raisins in the cookie... oatmeal creme pies do not have raisins!

Scott gladly ate half. For scale it was at big as my hand, including fingers!

Next up, dinner!

Rista1313

Original Poster
^ what riverside said! Those nachos look sooo good! I have never been to Yak & Yeti, I may have to do that now. Are those wontons or tortillas in the nachos? 😑 You had me at the thought of wontons by that pic!!

Those nachos were VERY good.. and yes they are fried wontons... I forgot to mention that with drinks, nachos, and dessert our lunch was $18 including tip out of pocket... not to shabby for Disney!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
We also shared the pineapple cream cheese kabobs for dessert. They were tasty, but I'm not sure I would get them again.

View attachment 417387

After lunch we got a return time for NRJ.. not sure why we didn't do that earlier... but you know...let's back track back and forth across the park.

While we were waiting for that. We decided to check out Rafiki's planet world... this was a sheer disappointment, we have more things to see in our local petting zoo.

Here's a picture of a reminder of the train never to ride again... it was old and bumpy, and really hurt Scott's back.

View attachment 417388

After the return trip on the train of pain... it was time to take a relaxing boat ride.

View attachment 417389

View attachment 417390

I love the glowing forrest wisps.

At the glowing reviews of many others, we went to see the Lion King show... I have to say that neither Scott nor I were fans... especially Scott who asked how he could get his time back! We both only liked the tumble monkeys.

View attachment 417391

After the show...it was time to head back to the resort for Scott's daily nap. Stitch and Porg were waiting!

View attachment 417392

It was pool time for me... but I think the sun went behind the clouds when I got in, and it wasn't very warm out.

I was thirsty and wanted a snack... so I ended up getting this giant oatmeal creme pie.

It looks amazing.. but it was a little too sweet AND it had raisins in the cookie... oatmeal creme pies do not have raisins!

Scott gladly ate half. For scale it was at big as my hand, including fingers!

View attachment 417538

Next up, dinner!
What is a creme pie? Is it a a cookie, muffin? Soft or crunchy?

Frank and I visited Rafiki's a few years ago and we were not impressed either. I remember wanting to pet a goat because I've never done it. The place smelled so bad and I was dissapointed that the goat's hair was coarse, not only that, but it tried to bite me! 😧

Frank teases me about it every time we're at AK, "wanna go pet a goat at Rafiki's?" 😄

Rista1313

Original Poster
What is a creme pie? Is it a a cookie, muffin? Soft or crunchy?

Frank and I visited Rafiki's a few years ago and we were not impressed either. I remember wanting to pet a goat because I've never done it. The place smelled so bad and I was dissapointed that the goat's hair was coarse, not only that, but it tried to bite me! 😧

Frank teases me about it every time we're at AK, "wanna go pet a goat at Rafiki's?" 😄

Here in the US, this is the standard of oatmeal creme pies. They are very soft.

It sort of like a whoopy pie made with 2 oatmeal cookies and a vanilla cream in the middle.

To be fair, goats here do have very course hair. =D

Last edited:

riverside

Premium Member
Back in the olden days! We have a Charley's crab here in Grand Rapids, which is one of their restaurants.
We have about 4 Landry's restaurants around here but I hardly ever go to them so I don't even know why I have the card.
Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies are THE BEST!! Their Swiss Rolls aren't bad either!;)

Rista1313

Original Poster
We have about 4 Landry's restaurants around here but I hardly ever go to them so I don't even know why I have the card.

Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies are THE BEST!! Their Swiss Rolls aren't bad either!;)

I love swiss rolls.... I'm a freak with them though... I peel off the outside chocolate, and then I unroll them and just break off a little strip at a time when I eat them!

We used to go to Charley's Crab for a sunday brunch, but it went downhill, so we don't really go anymore either.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I love swiss rolls.... I'm a freak with them though... I peel off the outside chocolate, and then I unroll them and just break off a little strip at a time when I eat them!

We used to go to Charley's Crab for a sunday brunch, but it went downhill, so we don't really go anymore either.

I haven't had a swiss cake roll in a long time, but I used to peel off the chocolate and unroll them too. I would also freeze them and eat them that way too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom